Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doctor sentenced in NFL steroids case

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060717/...thers_steroids

COLUMBIA, S.C. - The doctor who pleaded guilty to conspiring to illegally prescribe steroids to several
    Carolina Panthers was sentenced Monday to one year and one day in prison.
    ADVERTISEMENT

Dr. James Shortt pleaded guilty in March to one federal count of conspiracy to distribute anabolic steroids and human growth hormone. Prosecutors have said current and former members of the Carolina Panthers were some of Shortt's patients.

As part of the plea deal, prosecutors dropped 42 other counts against Shortt.

Chief U.S. District Judge Joe Anderson ordered Shortt to pay the minimum fine, $500, and a $100 special assessment. He also will serve two years on supervised release.

The maximum sentence for the charge was five years in prison and a $250,000 fine.

Shortt also faces a state criminal investigation in the 2004 death of a Minnesota woman who died three days after receiving intravenous hydrogen peroxide to help her multiple sclerosis.

The South Carolina Board of Medical Examiners revoked Shortt's medical license in May.

Anderson delayed the date on which Shortt must report for prison until the conclusion of any possible appeals, which Anderson said were "almost certain." That could mean Shortt won't begin serving his sentence until 2008, the judge said, estimating the appeals process could take a year and a half.

Shortt has 10 days to appeal his conviction and sentence. His lawyer, federal public defender Allen Burnside, wouldn't comment Monday.

Anderson said he would recommend that the 59-year-old Shortt serve his time at the prison closest to his family.

The additional day tacked on to the one-year sentence means Shortt will be eligible to earn credits for good behavior, which could reduce his time served to less than 11 months, Anderson said.
    REDuction SHOTS are Now Here!

Out Now:
    Orange OxiMega (Fish Oil & Greens)
    Purple Psyko
    Gold Feast
    Blue Gene
    Blue Growth
    REDuction AM/PM Shots
    REDuction AM/PM (and PM solo)
    Orange TRIad
    White Flood (5 Flavors)
    Black Hole
    Green MAGnitude (apple or lemonade)
    Green Bulge
    White Blood 2
    Purple Wraath (grape or lemonade)
    Blue Up
    Blue Up (Stim-Free)
    GlycerGrow (Elements line)
    CLAmore (Elements Line)

Toll Free: (800) 692-4558
    Tank "@" ControlledLabs.com

get back to work!
    www.elitefitsystems.com

Now with CL and all your other favorites

Comment

I think everyone does roids now days

Comment

Originally posted by LancerV
        I think everyone does roids now days

I think it's a shame

Comment

Originally posted by Shutup
          I think it's a shame
          Like half my football team did roids, half my gym does roids. Its because people think omg roids will get me huge in no time.

Comment

Not trying to derail this topic, but if I did a cycle it would be fully optimized and tweaked and tailored perfectly.

I think the bigger problem with steroids is lack of knowlege and prohibition. The two go hand in hand.

Comment

Originally posted by browndustin
              Not trying to derail this topic, but if I did a cycle it would be fully optimized and tweaked and tailored perfectly.

I think the bigger problem with steroids is lack of knowlege and prohibition. The two go hand in hand.
              Every person Ive asked what PCT they took they always give me this weird look, but yet they always complain of losing 10-20lbs of mass also

Comment

Originally posted by LancerV
                Every person Ive asked what PCT they took they always give me this weird look, but yet they always complain of losing 10-20lbs of mass also
                Oh boy this has happened so many times for me too!
                And the guys who do know about PCT and who have done research, like myself, are the guys who decided not to go through with it.

Comment

Originally posted by browndustin

Easier said then done. Roids is like a narcotic you get addicted. I have talked to lots of peoepl who say I will do jsut one cyle to see how it does. Then they see the results and its then give me more. Better to just stay away.

Comment

Originally posted by ddawg91
                    Easier said then done. Roids is like a narcotic you get addicted. I have talked to lots of peoepl who say I will do jsut one cyle to see how it does. Then they see the results and its then give me more. Better to just stay away.

why i wouldnt ever do even 1 cycle..

not worth it in my opinion, tho i always wonder how big iw ould get if i did roids.. heh

Comment

Originally posted by jdiritto
                      why i wouldnt ever do even 1 cycle..

not worth it in my opinion, tho i always wonder how big iw ould get if i did roids.. heh
                      I think that has popped up in every serious lifter's mind once or twice.

Comment

Originally posted by ddawg91
                        I think that has popped up in every serious lifter's mind once or twice.
                        And than the they plataeu for 6months staright and run a cycle, than they love making lean gains, then they dont stop

Comment

Working...
                        X