Runners Knee?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Runners Knee?

While I was doing my sprint work this morning I noticed that the inisides and outside of my knees hurt. It feels like there is like a rod through my knee and its like on the bone. Could my running form be bad. I think I run flat-footed so maybe thats it. Is it runners knee do you think? or not? Also, is there something I can do change my running form? I have shin splints because of my running form. Thanks for the help guys!!!!
    i!Please Support Me in My Log!i

I have alot of questions and Im still pretty to new to bodybuilding so can you please help me out?

I have the same problem with shin splints .... but they've been a lot better the last few months because of a combination of the following:

1. Used to wear running shoes to the gym, switched to cross trainers
    2. Added a cushioned in-sole to my shoes .... took a few weeks to get used to them, but now I can't live w/out them
    3. Slow and controlled negatives on calf exercises to really work the shins and give a good stretch.

now I can jump rope for about 30 minutes w/out feeling any kind of tightness

take care of that knee...
    jdouchebag for president

Comment

If you know you have bad form, you should work to improve it. Concentrate on landing on the ball of your foot and rolling through to the toes while running. The sound should be soft compared to the loud smack you make if you are running flat footed. Shoe selection can be a big problem. Make sure you change running shoes every 3-6 months depending on how much you run and you can actually figure out if you pronate or supinate and attempt to buy shoes to fit your stride. Look at your soles to see if you have uneven wear on the outside or inside. Very few runners have a perfect stride, but buy Nike because of the brand name. Nike is probably the worst running shoe you can buy unless you have a perfect stride w/o pronation or supination.

Comment

Thanks man, I will concentrate on that this weekend, maybe take a light jog and just work on my toes. I think when I run, its heels, roll to toe, then up. I will definately get on that. thanks!
        i!Please Support Me in My Log!i

I have alot of questions and Im still pretty to new to bodybuilding so can you please help me out?

Comment

Another thing you can try is to walk on your heels, toes pointing to the ceiling as long as you can take it. Don't do it in public, they'll think you're wierd, but it works the calves and the tendon in the front of the shin.

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. - Psalm 144:1

As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another - Proverbs 27:17

Current Supps:
          Purple Wraath
          Green Magnitude
          Orange Triad
          White Flood
          Blue Up
          100% ON Classic Whey

Ninety percent of everything is crap.

Theodore Sturgeon
          US science fiction author (1918 - 1985)

Comment