6ox of Fish or Tuna or a week...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6ox of Fish or Tuna or a week...

..is what the FDA says you should eat a week, shit Im gonna die eating 64oz a week

Originally posted by LancerV
    ..is what the FDA says you should eat a week, shit Im gonna die eating 64oz a week
    The FDA makes guidelines that are intended to represent what will work for the 'common man/woman'.. which is usually a very inaccurate representation of any of us here :P

Also, the FDA plays it on the extreme safeside as it relates to any seafood recommendations due to the mecury poisoning risks.

The benefits of tuna outweigh the dangers..

I think Aries got mercury poisoning from too much Tuna before, we should ask him how much he was taking in.

SCT
    Back to the basics!

Comment

What??

I thought John said he ate a shitload of tuna and DIDN’T have any problems as far as he knew??

I eat a can of tuna every morning except on weekends and I haven’t noticed anything after half a year of doing this. I really don’t think that mercury is going to kill me any time soon though. I’m more concerned over drunk drivers than I am with canned fish and what the FDA says.

Next week we’re probably going to find out that a special enzyme in tuna helps to retard the growth of cancer cells. *crosses fingers*

Comment

Originally posted by browndustin
        What??

I thought John said he ate a shitload of tuna and DIDN’T have any problems as far as he knew??

I eat a can of tuna every morning except on weekends and I haven’t noticed anything after half a year of doing this. I really don’t think that mercury is going to kill me any time soon though. I’m more concerned over drunk drivers than I am with canned fish and what the FDA says.

Next week we’re probably going to find out that a special enzyme in tuna helps to retard the growth of cancer cells. *crosses fingers*

I could have sworn he got mercury poisoning but cannot find notation of it anywhere, we'll have to wait for him to chime in.

SCT
        Back to the basics!

Comment

5 cans of tuna a day for 9 months straight without a break in between..

no signs of mercury poisoning.. maybe i am a mutant
          www.elitefitsystems.com

Now with CL and all your other favorites

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Aries

Oh ok, maybe it was me thinking.. DAMN he should of died of mercury poisoning.. muwhahaha.
            Back to the basics!

Comment

plotting my death?
              www.elitefitsystems.com

Now with CL and all your other favorites

Comment

I was right. Nyah. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Aries

HOLY SH*T!!! I wouldn't be surprised if your breath still smells like fish food.

Damn, how the hell did your taste buds handle that in the first place?
                  -Supplement Addict-

"You're going to tell me what I want to know, it's just a just a matter of how much you want it to hurt."
                  -Jack Bauer

Comment

Tuna isnt the greatest stuff in the world. How can you eat that much!? :O Dang, you are a freak!
                    i!Please Support Me in My Log!i

I have alot of questions and Im still pretty to new to bodybuilding so can you please help me out?

Comment

Originally posted by Alerux
                      Tuna isnt the greatest stuff in the world. How can you eat that much!? :O Dang, you are a freak!
                      I also said fish

Comment

Originally posted by browndustin
                        I was right. Nyah. lol
                        I have a broken watch that is right too, but only twice a day :P
                        Back to the basics!

Comment

i thought mecury posioning effects the brain so you would know if you were being effected or not
                          Owner of Fitness Paramount Personal Training

Comment

Mercury - Risk for those using Hg (mercury) products, kids and pregnant women at greatest risk
                            Types
                            • Elemental – well absorbed if inhaled, poor absorption if ingested; CNS toxicity
                            • Mercury salt – absorbed by GI, not cross BBB (CNS ok), toxic to kidneys *this type in fish
                            • Methyl mercury – absorbed by inhalation, dermal contact, ingestion; toxic to blood and CNS

Toxicity –mech unclear, has affinity for SH groups disrupts proteins; cz cerebral palsy, MR, blind, deaf
                            Sx may not be immediate
                            Test – 24hr urine; 20-100 see irritability, minor tremor, 500-1000 inflammed kidney, swollen gums
                            Seafood – avoid: shark, swordfish, king mackerel; 2-3 servings a wk of other fish is recommended . . . tuna is pretty safe but I would not recommend eating a boat load of it
                            Disclaimer: While I have an M.D. the views I express are not to be taken as medical advice under any circumstances. Please check with your own doctor if you want medical advice as he/she has access to your info and can provide the most accurate advice.

www.pubmed.gov . . . gotta love it

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Dave1
                              Mercury - Risk for those using Hg (mercury) products, kids and pregnant women at greatest risk
                              Types
                              • Elemental – well absorbed if inhaled, poor absorption if ingested; CNS toxicity
                              • Mercury salt – absorbed by GI, not cross BBB (CNS ok), toxic to kidneys *this type in fish
                              • Methyl mercury – absorbed by inhalation, dermal contact, ingestion; toxic to blood and CNS

Toxicity –mech unclear, has affinity for SH groups disrupts proteins; cz cerebral palsy, MR, blind, deaf
                              Sx may not be immediate
                              Test – 24hr urine; 20-100 see irritability, minor tremor, 500-1000 inflammed kidney, swollen gums
                              Seafood – avoid: shark, swordfish, king mackerel; 2-3 servings a wk of other fish is recommended . . . tuna is pretty safe but I would not recommend eating a boat load of it
                              Intresting, but I also eat only tilipa which is suppose to be the lowest in mercury

Comment

Working...
                              X