Help critique my diet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help critique my diet

So I've never really "counted calories" or really broke down my macros. Well since I will be running a log for Black Hole, I decided to use fitday to get a better idea of my daily caloric intake and macros. Well it turns out my estimations were a lot further off then I had guessed. Keep in mind that I am bulking, as clean as I can, although I am obviously not as strict as when cutting.

First, I assumed I was getting in around 3100-3300 calories. Turns out, before I even calculated my dinner, I was already at 3330 calories, which is surprising, bc I havent really been gaining weight anymore, so I was wondering, what do you think my daily caloric range should be, since my dinner is probably anywhere from 400-600 calories? Closer to 4000, or even 4200? I am 5'11", 192 lbs. Also, protein/carbs/fats are as follows: 33/34/34 -- shouldn't my fats be a little lower? I appreciate any help...
    Last edited by Mos Jeff; 07-11-2006, 08:52 PM.

Depends on alot of things, but what ever puts you at around 2-3lbs a month in weight gains.

Comment

Originally posted by LancerV
      Depends on alot of things, but what ever puts you at around 2-3lbs a month in weight gains.

but are my fats too high?

Comment

Originally posted by Mos Jeff
        but are my fats too high?
        Your fats aren't 'too high' but what you do need to look at is what kind of fats are you taking in? Are you getting plenty of good fats in your diet? What is your typical day like in meals?

If it were me, I would probably lower the fats slightly by cleaning them up as much as possible, and then I would up the protein a little Remember, bulking is about gaining muscle mass while putting on limited fat.

Cheers,
        SCT
        Back to the basics!

Comment

Originally posted by stonecoldtruth
          Your fats aren't 'too high' but what you do need to look at is what kind of fats are you taking in? Are you getting plenty of good fats in your diet? What is your typical day like in meals?

If it were me, I would probably lower the fats slightly by cleaning them up as much as possible, and then I would up the protein a little Remember, bulking is about gaining muscle mass while putting on limited fat.

Cheers,
          SCT

Well basically all of my fats are from good fats such as almonds, natural peanut butter, olive oil, eggs, tuna -- id say the worst fats i take in on a daily basis is from my one scoop of muscle milk pre-bed.

It's hard to believe how off i have been in my estimation of calories. After including dinner, I'm at ~3700 calories, looks like I'm gonna need closer to 4,000 to start gaining again, hopefully black hole can help with this.
          Last edited by Mos Jeff; 07-12-2006, 03:21 PM.

Comment

Well basically all of my fats are from good fats such as almonds, natural peanut butter, olive oil, eggs, tuna -- id say the worst fats i take in on a daily basis is from my one scoop of muscle milk pre-bed.

It's hard to believe how off i have been in my estimation of calories. After including dinner, I'm at ~3700 calories, looks like I'm gonna need closer to 4,000 to start gaining again, hopefully black hole can help with this.
            I think you will be fine, however I'd monitor the fat gain and if you are gaining too much fat then I'd lower the fat %'s a few percent. I personally think you'll be ok though, especially with healthy fats. The fats in your Muscle Milk are MCTs as well, so I think you are golden

SCT
            Back to the basics!

Comment

Originally posted by stonecoldtruth
              I think you will be fine, however I'd monitor the fat gain and if you are gaining too much fat then I'd lower the fat %'s a few percent. I personally think you'll be ok though, especially with healthy fats. The fats in your Muscle Milk are MCTs as well, so I think you are golden

SCT

Good to hear. I don't think I've gained too much fat, as a matter of fact, I haven't been gaining anything at all, which is where i hope black hole comes into play.

Comment

Good to hear. I don't think I've gained too much fat, as a matter of fact, I haven't been gaining anything at all, which is where i hope black hole comes into play.
                Remeber the human body can only gain 6-12lbs of muscle in a year(unless a genetic freak), so gaining 40lbs in 6months is not always a good thing.

Comment

Working...
                X