Tell me about your dream gym!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tell me about your dream gym!!!

Just daydreaming at work (as usual) and I was wondering if it’s a plausible idea to open up a gym one day? Is this just a cool fantasy or could someone like me actually pull it off?

I just think it’d be awesome to get up early and look forward to work…. Step in the door and have everyone greet you with a big smile. Ladies would be happily shaking their booties to some intense cardio while other fellas may choose to push some iron, because there’s no waiting for equipment in MY gym. Actually everyone would be shaking their booties at my gym because that’s how we’d do business.

You could go workout whenever because you’re the manager, you do what you want. You could pick all the equipment, make the rules and make tons of life time friends and workout partners. Even hopping from gym to gym for me, I’ve networked and found TONS of friends, training tips, supplement hook ups and this is all within less than a year. Think of how sweet it’d be if you OWNED a gym!!!

Does anyone else have dreams like this? I thought of taking some business courses one day, getting a place in town and starting up a good gym. It would take a hell of a lot of work, but once you have a loyal customer base you’d be set. I can honestly see myself putting my blood, sweat and tears into a project like this because the iron bugs already consuming my life. Why not do this for a living?

Also if I had a gym, I’d want a real cool name. As a joke it’d be cool if it were The Joint. You could swing by after work and hit The Joint. Or you could go get ripped at The Joint lol….. yeah….. I don’t do much work at work. Heh.

What are your visions though?? What would you guys do if you had a gym? The equipment, layout, anything. I wanna hear it, even if it’s totally unrealistic. Have fun with it, tell me about your dream gym. DISCUSS!

this is definitely an excuse to sleep in

k well

im my gym, my dream gym, my fantasy gym, my wishful thinking gym...
    id first off have a dedicated loyalty,helping,interactive community within my gym...from the personal trainers who i will be a part of to the average wannabe noob who still believes in toning and high reps for cuts id make sure everyone helps each other in a informed manner...

safety safety i have nearly killed myself with the sport i love so much, id make sure all equipment is 100% workable and stable...

need post workout meal? restaurant or little area cooking up oatmeal and some shakes ( hows that friggin sound ) or some chicken whatever you want but cooked in a healthy and fresh way...

Cardio? some skipping ropes, some machines and they can be in the corner...no nonsense running around with 50 treadmills in my gym...only a few for the pro's hardening up for their competitions...

weights, this section is massive it is filled with unforgiving massive weightage...

dumbbell rack? hell i have one that spreads the whole corner of the gym! goes from 15lb db's all the way to 300lb's sure they a little dustier than the others but hell we get some beasts in here...

mirror? wanna see your vascularity and finger like back? we got one spreading the whole other corner of the gym, clean and visible...

music? hate the pussy stuff they play? in my gym you listen to what i want...

all the stuff from pantera,metallica,cradle of filth, sepultura,iron maiden, marilyn manson, slipkot,rammstein, avenged sevenfold...etc some dance can be mixed in but trance bud...

their are always spotters available to simply spot you not lift for you damn it...

yeah just a few ideas

Comment

Yeeeeaaaaa I'd buy a membership for your gym! lol

A little snack bar would be an awesome idea. Steamed chicken, brown rice, oatmeal and shakes would be awesome.

Comment

GHR, Reverse GHR, Deadlift Matts, and Hardcore Powerlifters

Comment

Personally my dream gym is just a simple hardcore gym. Nothing fancy, plain walls, no weird machines, also very few machines, great speakers, everyone is there to work out not talk, workout music not some radio station...you get the idea.
          "Man you keep eatin' those, youre gonna turn INTO a chicken."

Comment

Originally posted by browndustin
            Actually everyone would be shaking their booties at my gym because that’s how we’d do business.
            Gym name.... BootySweat

Comment

hammer strenght machines

and a BIG sign that says "NO CURLING IN THE SQUAT RACKS"

Comment

Hey Dustin,

I have owned gyms in NY, NC and gyms and a health club in FL, would be happy to give you whatever info I have. Just email me buddy.

BTW my wife and I will be in NY in a few weeks and then Niagra Falls, can't remember how close you are to there but maybe get to gether if you like.

Actually same goes for anyone from the board, happy to help where I can.

CROWLER
                President

www.AnabolicInnovations.com
                www.HealthyCheatFoods.com

Comment

Just thought I would play devils advocate here.

Originally posted by browndustin
                  Just daydreaming at work (as usual) and I was wondering if it’s a plausible idea to open up a gym one day? Is this just a cool fantasy or could someone like me actually pull it off?

YES you can pull it off. If you think about, and plan enough I truly believe you CAN do what you want in 99% of the cases. You probably are going to have to sacrifice unless you come from money or have a sugar momma BUT you CAN do it. Don't be 80+ years old in a hospital bed thinking back DAMN I wish I had done this or tried that.

I just think it’d be awesome to get up early and look forward to work…. Step in the door and have everyone greet you with a big smile.

Reality Check your club probably opens at 5 AM and your employee calls you at home at 4:30 and tells you that their child is sick so they can't work that day.

You RACE to the gym and it is 2 minutes after 5 there are 20 plus people (if you are lucky) standing waiting to get in. You hear the groans and the gumbles as you fumble with the lock then race around tuning on all the lights, plugging in the 30 pieces of cardio equipment and 30 TVs that go with each one.

Ladies would be happily shaking their booties to some intense cardio while other fellas may choose to push some iron, because there’s no waiting for equipment in MY gym. Actually everyone would be shaking their booties at my gym because that’s how we’d do business.

Reality most of the women in your club you wish wouldn't shake their azzes lol

You tell your aerobics instructor there are not enough people taking her class to justify holding it any longer and she tells you it is the wrong time slot. Reality is the most ever in that class was 3 people.

You cancle the class and 10 people come and tell you they want their money back because that was the ONLY reason they joined.

The guys are slamming down the DBs and you have to remind them over and over that they will break if they keep doing that. You finally have to tell one guy for the 20th time if he doesn't strip down the leg press of ALL 20 plates when he finishes he will be banned. Reason is every time a women wants to use the leg press you or your staff is stuck stripping down ALL those 45 pound plates.

Guy says he will have his 24 friends break their membership contract if you give him any more grief. In my case I said ok fine do it now get out lol

You could go workout whenever because you’re the manager, you do what you want. Reality is almost every gym owner I knew got smaller when they bought a gym because it is just about impossible to workout when the gym is open. You get phone calls, the members come over with complaints, problems, questions so your 1 minute rest becomes 15 minutes. You determine that you are going to wait until closing to workout so at 11PM you close the doors and start working out. That lasts all of about 3 weeks You could pick all the equipment, make the rules and make tons of life time friends and workout partners. Even hopping from gym to gym for me, I’ve networked and found TONS of friends, training tips, supplement hook ups and this is all within less than a year. Think of how sweet it’d be if you OWNED a gym!!!

Does anyone else have dreams like this? I thought of taking some business courses one day, getting a place in town and starting up a good gym. It would take a hell of a lot of work, but once you have a loyal customer base you’d be set.

IMO no such thing as a loyal customer base. Just like an online supplement store, the majority of people if they can get a better price somewhere else will be gone in a second. This is why you require 1, 2 or 3 year contracts.

Then you feel guilty when you see a person sign a 3 year contract and NEVER show up for a single workout. It got to the point I would offer FREE personal training sessions to get them to come in and workout(BTW I already had their money so it was just that it made my consious feel better) and they STILL wouldn't come it.

The reality is that gyms and health clubs survive and make a profit MORE on the people who do NOT come in and workout than the ones who come in every day, unless they buy a drink or bar etc when they workout.

Your 'loyal' members will be gone the second another club comes into town with more to offer or lower prices.

I can honestly see myself putting my blood, sweat and tears into a project like this because the iron bugs already consuming my life. Why not do this for a living?

Well first place I had was 2000 sq feet. I worked every hour we were open (110 per week) literally slept under the squat rack and lived in the gym. Ended up with a 15,000 square foot health club with a TV for every pieced of cardio and internet access for all the recombient bikes. This was back 6 years ago so my place was a little advanced.

So I did advance quite a bit and made some nice money along the way. If I had it to do over again I would have a business which was open 9 - 5. Then again I now have an online business which is even MORE hours lol

Also if I had a gym, I’d want a real cool name. As a joke it’d be cool if it were The Joint. You could swing by after work and hit The Joint. Or you could go get ripped at The Joint lol….. yeah….. I don’t do much work at work. Heh.

What are your visions though?? What would you guys do if you had a gym? The equipment, layout, anything. I wanna hear it, even if it’s totally unrealistic. Have fun with it, tell me about your dream gym. DISCUSS!
                  Just my 2 cents. I WILL say again if this is your dream then DO IT!

CROWLER
                  Last edited by CROWLER; 07-11-2006, 10:43 AM.
                  President

Comment

great to hear man appreciate it myself!

guess there is more than

Comment

*heart snaps in half*

Just kidding, man. I’m a realist and I do appreciate what you’re saying. I know its tough being in those kinds of positions, but I’ve never been the kind of guy to back down from a challenge that really intrigues me.

But if I have to pick one thing that I’ll argue to the death over, it would be the booty shaking… I’ll bet my lunch monies over that one lol….

Comment

Dustin,

You should read the first paragraph again if you think I am saying you can't do it.

YES you can pull it off. If you think about, and plan enough I truly believe you CAN do what you want in 99% of the cases. You probably are going to have to sacrifice unless you come from money or have a sugar momma BUT you CAN do it. Don't be 80+ years old in a hospital bed thinking back DAMN I wish I had done this or tried that.

CROWLER
                        President

Comment

Originally posted by CROWLER
                          Dustin,

You should read the first paragraph again if you think I am saying you can't do it.

CROWLER
                          I totally agree with Crowler, if you want it.. TAKE IT.. but just realize it isn't a walk in the park by ANY means.

SCT
                          Back to the basics!

Comment

the girls lift naked.

that is all.

Comment

Originally posted by CROWLER
                              Dustin,

CROWLER
                              Thanks man.

I got what you were saying though. It might have looked like I took it another way but no worries. That's what I get for posting all day at work.

Comment

Working...
                              X