Pulling against Two Average Flex Bands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pulling against Two Average Flex Bands

What would the total weight be for around 355 + 2 average flex bands lose the bottom

What do you mean loose at the bottom? What exercise?

Comment

Originally posted by ddawg91
      What do you mean loose at the bottom? What exercise?
      Kinda like that but loser I think, didnt start to get really hard tell about 3/4 way up
      http://asp.elitefts.com/qa/default.a...=33896&tid=101

Comment

Here is the best I could find, if you need to really know then you will need to get some type of scale or ask the question on EliteFTS.

Mini 1/2" wide 5 to 25 lbs
        Monster Mini 1/2" wide 10 to 35 lbs
        Light 1 1/8" wide 30 to 50 lbs
        Average 1 3/4" wide 65 to 85 lbs
        Strong 2 1/2" wide 80 to 100 lbs

Comment

Here is the best I could find, if you need to really know then you will need to get some type of scale or ask the question on EliteFTS.

Mini 1/2" wide 5 to 25 lbs
          Monster Mini 1/2" wide 10 to 35 lbs
          Light 1 1/8" wide 30 to 50 lbs
          Average 1 3/4" wide 65 to 85 lbs
          Strong 2 1/2" wide 80 to 100 lbs
          Cool, thanks

Comment

on topic of bands .. i love doing bench with a band wrapped from one side of the bar under the bench to the other side of the bar
            something about how the tension feels is awesome
            Owner of Fitness Paramount Personal Training

Comment

Funny story,

Was doing CG bench with bands for reps, had like 315 and a mini double wrapped on each side. Well I was on the last couple of reps and went to rack but kept hitting the hooks. I could not for the life of me get over them, I did like another 5 reps trying to get it over so finally I was sitting there with it about hals way up looking around for someone to help out and found a guy. Man was I dead after that!!!

Comment

Funny story,

Was doing CG bench with bands for reps, had like 315 and a mini double wrapped on each side. Well I was on the last couple of reps and went to rack but kept hitting the hooks. I could not for the life of me get over them, I did like another 5 reps trying to get it over so finally I was sitting there with it about hals way up looking around for someone to help out and found a guy. Man was I dead after that!!!
                Better than the bench pressing I see at my gym everyday

Comment

Originally posted by LancerV
                  Better than the bench pressing I see at my gym everyday
                  I hear you there, we have a HS football coach that lifts at ours and he does a pretty good decline on the flat bench! His butt must be about a foot off the bench.

Comment

I hear you there, we have a HS football coach that lifts at ours and he does a pretty good decline on the flat bench! His butt must be about a foot off the bench.
                    Oh damn well if were sharing stories grab some beer :
                    So I was casually doing my SLDL and my Front Squats on my leg day when I see what appears to be a Dad, a son, and what I think was a girl that well Im not sure what she was.

So the Dad Im guessing weighs 475, the son around 450, and the sister/heshe, well we will call her it. Around 250.

So I get done with my SLDL two sets heavy with 3mins rest at 345, when these three wonderful gym rats are standing by the bench, the it grabs a 45plate and so does the son, but the it is kinda like diesel wieasel farmer walking it to the BB.

So they load up the BB with 305, big deal the guy weighs around 400+, I see him lift the bar off the pins, and I swear he just like slams the thing on his chest not even controlling it on the way down. As he gets about a 1/4" off his chest the dad and the daughter both spot him up and he re racks it.

I was literally having a hard time not to fall face first when doing Front squats at this point because I was laughing so hard. I figure great maybe they will lower the weight, no they add another 45 to each side. By this time I just was getting a really long drink of water to watch this ownage ensure. But when I mean long drink I mean long I swear it was like 8-10mins.

So he unloads the bar and his arms are shaking like they are made of jello, and wham slams it down on his chest like an building being demolished. Not to mention his ass was about 2ft off the bench. By this time the dads younger son was also around the bench. So all three of them are now trying to pull 405 to rerack it, they get about 1" away from the pin and miss and wham back down it goes sideways this time.

I was drinking my xtened and literally spit it out from my mouth at proboaly a force faster than his bench falling.

I go back to my front squats and what do I see them doing racking the incline bench with 405, by this time I couldnt even workout I was distracted.

So he unloads and wham it lands right on his nutts and you see the guy grab his nutts(or what was left of them) as the dad unload the bb as fast as they could.

Most likely the dumbest/funniest thing I have ever seen, he made diesel wieasel look like comp. lifts. Im hoping im in the gym for there DL/Squat day

Comment

Originally posted by LancerV
                      Oh damn well if were sharing stories grab some beer :
                      So I was casually doing my SLDL and my Front Squats on my leg day when I see what appears to be a Dad, a son, and what I think was a girl that well Im not sure what she was.

So the Dad Im guessing weighs 475, the son around 450, and the sister/heshe, well we will call her it. Around 250.

So I get done with my SLDL two sets heavy with 3mins rest at 345, when these three wonderful gym rats are standing by the bench, the it grabs a 45plate and so does the son, but the it is kinda like diesel wieasel farmer walking it to the BB.

So they load up the BB with 305, big deal the guy weighs around 400+, I see him lift the bar off the pins, and I swear he just like slams the thing on his chest not even controlling it on the way down. As he gets about a 1/4" off his chest the dad and the daughter both spot him up and he re racks it.

I was literally having a hard time not to fall face first when doing Front squats at this point because I was laughing so hard. I figure great maybe they will lower the weight, no they add another 45 to each side. By this time I just was getting a really long drink of water to watch this ownage ensure. But when I mean long drink I mean long I swear it was like 8-10mins.

So he unloads the bar and his arms are shaking like they are made of jello, and wham slams it down on his chest like an building being demolished. Not to mention his ass was about 2ft off the bench. By this time the dads younger son was also around the bench. So all three of them are now trying to pull 405 to rerack it, they get about 1" away from the pin and miss and wham back down it goes sideways this time.

I was drinking my xtened and literally spit it out from my mouth at proboaly a force faster than his bench falling.

I go back to my front squats and what do I see them doing racking the incline bench with 405, by this time I couldnt even workout I was distracted.

So he unloads and wham it lands right on his nutts and you see the guy grab his nutts(or what was left of them) as the dad unload the bb as fast as they could.

Most likely the dumbest/funniest thing I have ever seen, he made diesel wieasel look like comp. lifts. Im hoping im in the gym for there DL/Squat day

That is pretty funny, bad thing is they probably will try it again the next day!

Comment

That is pretty funny, bad thing is they probably will try it again the next day!
                        Whats even funnier was he was wearing a shirt that said "House of Pain" Iwas like shit I would be in pain also if I dropped 400lbs on my chest. Maybe its some new wresting tranining? I also watched about 1rep of there leg pressing which was slightlhy better since it was on a machine. I was kinda hoping for sideways squats

Comment

Working...
                        X