Tanning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tanning

I think Im going to get a 1 month tanning thing at my gym before i go to the beach in about a month..

how do you all schedule it that tan?

do you go before or after workout? or at a diff time of the day ?

and do i need to buy lotion stuff? lol i think they have face cover things..idk... can i just clsoe my eyes?

any what timing schedules would you all recommend?

Im also gonna take some vita-c and tyrosine before going in + ill be taking fishoil, sesamin at other times in the day

thanks for any help, im sick of this central PA rain/lack of sun !!

I have a tanning bed in my basement so I tan right before I go to bed. Someone told me that you arent supposed to shower for 4 hours after you are done because the skin is still tanning. I use some lotion that I bought at Walmart and it seems to work pretty good. For timing, start off at about 10 minutes and up it a little every time. Here is how I tan:

Week 1: Monday and Friday
    Week 2: Wednesday
    Week 3: Monday and Friday
    You get the picture right?

Hope this helps!
    i!Please Support Me in My Log!i

I have alot of questions and Im still pretty to new to bodybuilding so can you please help me out?

Comment

what about around workouts.. would it be bad to tan pre/post workour cos of dehydration? or skin tightness? or something?

thanks for the info -- do you know the name of the tanning lotion?

Comment

yo
        i tan after i do cardio which is after i lift
        i do wear eye protection which you def should buy some goggles
        i dont wear lotion , tanning keeps me from getting pimples adding lotion gives me pimples therefore defeating my purpose for tanning in the first place
        Owner of Fitness Paramount Personal Training

Comment

I wouldnt reccomend tanning before but post workout might be okay but I dont know because I have never tanned then. The reason for not tanning before is cause you might get burned and it might be hard to do some stuff, say you burn your back, it will be hard to do squats. I dont wear goggles, I just close my eyes. I dont want my eyes to be white hehe. I tan for 25minutes. Its like a little nap for me.

I have alot of questions and Im still pretty to new to bodybuilding so can you please help me out?

Comment

I actually just finished tanning for a month lol I didn’t want my ass to be pasty white anymore… don’t laugh, I’m talking literally, not figuratively!!

In my experience, tanning before had no ill effects on working out. I think it might have helped to sweat out some toxins! Skin looks really healthy, but I should have took advantage of my one month pass because I’ve been outside more with my shirt on and the farmers tan is coming back a little.

Keep your water, sodium and electrolyte levels kosher and I don’t worry unless you feel adverse affects.

My tanning place is right beside work, so it wouldn’t make sense for me to drive home, to the gym and back near work to go tan. It worked out good because I could tan, sweat my ass of their, go to the gym and sweat some more and arrive home by the time I start getting a bit stank.

My skin got very nice after tanning. I mostly did it for the farmers tan aspect and stretch marks. It’s hard to stay cocoa brown, baby. First time tanning this year wasn’t actually too bad. And the girls that go tanning are usually SMOKING HOT!!!!

I almost want to find a reason to go back to the tanning place because the ladies that work there are soooooo finnnnee. They sell supplements there too but the prices suck and they don’t carry controlled labs, plus I’ve switched to crowler’s protein exclusively mang. I should go and check out the muscle tech stuff there, ask for some help

Comment

cool, cool... i'll prolly be getting the 1mon pass when i get back next week.. if its cheap.. i think golds offers it for like 20$? idk

i think ill go wends-fri next week, than the week after m/w/f week after tu/th

start with low time in the thing (slowly progressing up) using no lotion and see if i need to buy some from walmart..

almost directly before I go in ill consume my postworkout nutrition/hydration. and ill plan to drink 500mg of l-tyrosine somewhere around 60mins before

Comment

uhh...dude, you have to wait 72 hours between tanning sessions man. There is something in your skin that gets "killed" and you have to wait for it to re-generate otherwise you up your risk for skin cancer. Tanning in the bed is dangerous enough as it is dont push it bro.

Comment

Alerux, bro didn’t you say you don’t even wear eye protection?? lol

Yeah, I think you could probably tan a little bit sooner than 72 hours, but it never hurts to play by the book. I’m dark so it wasn’t a problem, but start off with a low amount of minutes and work your way up like you planned. It’s not like we’re going anywhere soon, and it’ll be a month’s pass and a great tanning stack. But definitely wear eye protection!!

The standard eye wear that I used just fit over my eyes and there’s no whiteness. I have naturally dark eyes so it wasn’t a problem. The only white/untanned area I have is a little spot on my fat ass. It looks pretty hilarious lmao

Comment

Lmao yeah I did man. I sleep in the tanning bed. I dont open my eyes or anything so I dont see how it could hurt until I burn my eyelids and then that would be some pain but anyways man, do what you want with the goggles part. I got a white spot...my feet lol. Im too tall/long for my bed so I hang my feet out lol. I wear shoes all the time anyways so it doesnt bother me.

Comment

Hah, yeah I noticed that I was just short enough to completely squeeze into a regular tanning bed. But I read somewhere that closing your eyes isn’t enough. It’s like holding a flashlight right into your eye socket, the steeze still hurts even with your eyes closed. Not sure to what extend the damage will be, but I don’t want mine to go down if I can help it. Supposedly kicks your night time vision in the balls.

*cleans his armani glasses*

Comment

If you are extremely light skinned (pale) they shouldnt let you tan too long anyways. Although some people are arses and have no clue! Id start every of ther day at first until you have a base tan. Also make sure whatever lotion you use, its is for indoor tanning. Dont use outdoor tanning lotion for indoor tanning unless it states its for both. I dont put any lotion on my face usually since alot things can break you our easily.

As far as what time, I usually go after my workout. Some lotions have a tingle factor. It can become very itchy, uncomfortable if you work out with it on.

Good luck!
                        What typos?

Disclaimer: All flirtatious posts under the name of Booty are all in good humor and do not represent the official thoughts of the actual person behind the screen name.

Comment

Working...
                        X