REP System: HATE it or LOVE it ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• REP System: HATE it or LOVE it ?

Forum REPUTATION System: HATE it or LOVE it ?
    HATE it.... disable the REPUTATION system
    66.67%
    LOVE it.... keep the REPUTATION system
    33.33%
    Last edited by pu12en12g; 05-19-2006, 03:48 AM.

Originally posted by pu12en12g
    REP System: HATE it or LOVE it ?
    I don't mind it, but I also don't think it is really neccesary. Ya'know?
    Back to the basics!

Comment

Originally posted by stonecoldtruth
      I don't mind it, but I also don't think it is really neccesary. Ya'know?
      Agreed. I think the system has "potential" by design... but it turns into strong "potential for abuse".

Comment

Anytime you have ranking based on personal preferences you are going to have the potential for abuse. The upside to that is the fact that people also have a means of "dinging" the inevitable idiots for being well...idiots. Not that all with high reps are fine upstanding citizens but it (along with a little common sense) is a good measure of who is helpful.

Comment

rep systems.. their cute. people that feel a strong need for visibile reputation from others they'll never even met just lack self esteem
          (ie; they use it as a basis for how superior they are, when in my opinion i take into the account the usefullness/information in their posts)

Comment

I like em, they have good potential, but I wouldn't lose any sleep if there was no rep system. BTW I think there should be more of a variety of colored reps to represent different things ex:
            Green Reps: informative posts
            Blue Reps: Coolness
            Purple Reps: Grab-assing
            Orange Reps: Funny Posts
            Red Reps: Trolls
            -Supplement Addict-

"You're going to tell me what I want to know, it's just a just a matter of how much you want it to hurt."
            -Jack Bauer

Comment

Ehhh, I'm kind of indifferent to rep systems. On one hand you can have people with really high rep points who do not know much and give poor advice and on the other hand you can have people that provide good advice with low rep points. I'm more of a fan of seeing what people post and making my own judgement. However, it provides a yard stick for members that you are unfamiliar with. In general I do not think it does harm. Give it a chance and see how it goes . . . remove it if you don't like the results.
              Disclaimer: While I have an M.D. the views I express are not to be taken as medical advice under any circumstances. Please check with your own doctor if you want medical advice as he/she has access to your info and can provide the most accurate advice.

www.pubmed.gov . . . gotta love it

Comment

Originally posted by jdiritto
                rep systems.. their cute. people that feel a strong need for visibile reputation from others they'll never even met just lack self esteem
                (ie; they use it as a basis for how superior they are, when in my opinion i take into the account the usefullness/information in their posts)
                How did you get your rep so high up

Comment

Originally posted by LancerV
                  How did you get your rep so high up
                  I don't know how to say this..buttt, people know me...
                  I have lunch with merlon olson...my office is covered with leather bound books, and reeks of rich maghony..

I'm kind of a big deal..

Comment

I could care less either way.
                    What typos?

Disclaimer: All flirtatious posts under the name of Booty are all in good humor and do not represent the official thoughts of the actual person behind the screen name.

Comment

Originally posted by Booty
                      I could care less either way.
                      Hey booty and bump

Comment

i think the problem with the rep system on the other board is the misc section where you have people repping eachother over dumb jokes and flaming
                        i think normally it works to be able to get an idea wheather the person who is giving you advice knows their stuff
                        obv its not perfect but i know alot of the reps i have got were due to infromative posts
                        Owner of Fitness Paramount Personal Training

Comment

Originally posted by ashla
                          Hey booty and bump
                          Hello Ash
                          What typos?

Disclaimer: All flirtatious posts under the name of Booty are all in good humor and do not represent the official thoughts of the actual person behind the screen name.

Comment

Originally posted by pu12en12g
                            Agreed. I think the system has "potential" by design... but it turns into strong "potential for abuse".

Definitely agree with that statement there...

I also feel like too many people rely too heavily on the reputation system. For instance, it seems like many members only listen to other members who have high rep power.

Comment

no one's repping me, therefore I hate it

Comment

Working...
                              X