Acne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acne

I dont have a real huge problem with acne but when I do, it comes in pretty good. Does anybody know what causes it? Is it just part of teenage life? (I am 15 BTW) I dont want the shit anymore. It pisses me off and it kills my ego! Like say I go somewhere, and I run into a chick that wants to talk to me, I will cover a spot with my hand but make it look casual like resting your face on your hand in class, I do that and talk to her. I spend lots of money of acne creams and I still will if i need to but I just want to know what I can do to prevent it. Sorry for asking such an odd question but Im sick of it and need help.
    i!Please Support Me in My Log!i

I have alot of questions and Im still pretty to new to bodybuilding so can you please help me out?

i used to have acne ... then i got Acutaine ....a pill you take for like 6 months and have to get blood work done every month .... couldnt take any suppulments. but damm that shit works .... its been 2 years and i only get 1 from time to time... just keep your face clean ... certains foods can trigger it like pop or candy....
    5'11"
    230lbs hard

Comment

well dude, I dont think i want to do that. Any other tips? I was thinking about buying practiv but its so damn expensive.

I have alot of questions and Im still pretty to new to bodybuilding so can you please help me out?

Comment

proactive worked somewhat for me .... but its a pain cause theres so many steps
        5'11"
        230lbs hard

Comment

I heard that Vitamin b5 (Phenothentic acid) works too but I havent tried it, There isnt enough of it in my multivitamin.

Comment

do you use daily fash wash?

and dont use the same bar of soap/shower ball for your face as you do for your body. thats just gross. and when you get older, dont use the same razor for your body that you do for your face. im not talkin diff blades, get 2 whole diff razors (diff colors/makes so you dont get them mixed up either)

the face is very important, ask any female and she will tell you.

Comment

http://www.acne.org/

Comment

Originally posted by Krueger
                i used to have acne ... then i got Acutaine ....a pill you take for like 6 months and have to get blood work done every month .... couldnt take any suppulments. but damm that shit works .... its been 2 years and i only get 1 from time to time... just keep your face clean ... certains foods can trigger it like pop or candy....
                I agree w/ this. Accutane did wonders for me in my teen years. If you have insurance I would definitely recommend this . . . IMO 6 mos of accutane is much better than multiple years of acne creams and meds. Additionally, a good facial cleanser like cetaphil or salac can help. Both of those should be available at most pharmacies as they are OTC, you may have to ask your pharmacist to order them but that's no big deal.
                Disclaimer: While I have an M.D. the views I express are not to be taken as medical advice under any circumstances. Please check with your own doctor if you want medical advice as he/she has access to your info and can provide the most accurate advice.

www.pubmed.gov . . . gotta love it

Comment

after reading this and going to the gym, i got a huge white head on my lip.
                  \
                  damn u alerux

Comment

lol sorry man. I will have to look into the cetaphil and salac. How much do they cost? I use Dove Soap, Noxzema Citrus Cleanser, Clearasil Ultra Daily Face wash, and Oxy pads

Comment

Originally posted by Alerux
                      lol sorry man. I will have to look into the cetaphil and salac. How much do they cost? I use Dove Soap, Noxzema Citrus Cleanser, Clearasil Ultra Daily Face wash, and Oxy pads
                      cost varies widely . . . $10 was about what it was when I used them. I would say check a cheaper pharmacy . . . maybe Walmart . . . I remember seeing cetaphil @ SAM's club a while back
                      Disclaimer: While I have an M.D. the views I express are not to be taken as medical advice under any circumstances. Please check with your own doctor if you want medical advice as he/she has access to your info and can provide the most accurate advice.

www.pubmed.gov . . . gotta love it

Comment

Alright thanks alot Doc I will look at Walmart next time I am there! Thanks to all of the other people that helped. I just dont think Accutane is what I am looking for, sounds kind of extreme to me thats all.

Comment

megadose vitamin B5, thats what i do.

i take in about 8g of Pantothenic Acid(aka Vitamin B5) daily.

Comment

holy! Thats alot compared to my 10mg I get in my multi.

Comment

i have this stuff... i bought it but never use it..

Clearasil icewash acne gel cleanser...

2% salicyclic acid acne medication
                              cooling wash unclogs pores removes dirt oil and bacteria and it protects against new outbreaks

and my daily face wash is

Noxzema daily exfoiliating cleanser (with gentle microbeads)
                              exfoliates and deep cleans to reveal fresh healthy looking skin every day

i love that stuff... you put it on and you feel this burning/tingling on your face.. and when u wash it off its just like wow..clean

and i remind you, never use the same soap/wash ball thing on your face as your body.. think about it, do you wanna wash your face with the same thing that touches your arm pits? knee pits? or balls?

respect the face, and it'll respect you back

Comment

Working...
                              X