Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Almost tossed my cookies." <-- Is that the saying?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Almost tossed my cookies." <-- Is that the saying?

Today was my first day on GG/GM/PW/WB. I've been taking GB/WB for the past month already, been doing great on those, so I felt like adding to the mix.

Ok. I must be doing something "wrong" here, assuming that's possible with circumstantial timing and whatnot.

9:30 Breakfast (3 eggs, wheat bread)
    10:35 2 scoops GG with about 24 oz water
    10:45 1 scoop PW with glass of water
    10:50 1 scoop GM with glass of water
    11:00 Leg day

Um... okay. I take 2 scoops of GG as a test. The first scoop I try by dumping it in my mouth, chasing with water. Tasted horrible. Reminded me of the days I chased creatine mono. with water, but 10x worse because GG would stick to my mouth. The other scoop I dump in about 20 oz of water, and mix it up, which, as advertised, doesn't really dissolve. I try and down that as well, very unpleasant.

I'm feeling "okay" by now, a little exhausted from this initial unpleasant experience of GG. I wait a while, then take PW 15 till. Mind you, when I opened this can the night before, it smelled like grapes and cat food... I mix one scoop in a glass of water, and drink it. I almost hurl after the first gulp. I finish it off, thinking "it's no big deal, drink it now."

I survive through that, and then do the 1 scoop of GM, leaving it for last, hearing how good tasting it is. It doesn't taste bad, considering the relative products. After all these products are in my system, I start to feel dizzy/nauseous, almost like I'm drunk. What the fuck?

There's this inherent misconception on the timing on these products. When to take them on an empty stomach, when on a full one, etc. I remember when GB/WB came out, the mods themselves said "take on empty." Now, as I read more about it, they are now saying that GB and WB are fine with food, but GG/PW/GM are not (?). Okay, cool.

So, I wait an hour after I eat a decent breakfast for my size (5'9", 165 lbs). I read the label on GG saying if I eat on a COMPLETELY empty stomach, I'll feel nauseous. If I eat on a mostly LIQUID diet, I'll have diarrhea. If I don't consume enough water, I'll be DEHYDRATED. So I'm already swimming in my own thoughts, thinking "well, shit, where's that fine line I gotta be for this product to do what it should?"

I figure that an HOUR after I ate would be a good compromise. It's not immediately after breakfast, but it's not in a fasting state, I still have food in my system. So, GG shouldn't be a problem. Same with PW and GM, which I take after GG.

I felt like shit after taking it, but I thought it was probably just temporary side-effects, and maybe I did something wrong. After all, I haven't read about anyone else having something like this.

I drive to the gym and try to start on my leg day. At every point, from the house to the gym, and during the workout, I'm about to throw up all this stuff I just drank. I'm just fighting the urge to, by not thinking about the consistency of the products. I do a halfassed workout, barely hit any muscle groups, duck out early and then painstakingly drive my way home where I (un)luckily keep hitting red lights on the way back.

I was sweating ridiculously from the (little?) amount of work I had done (I don't even remember how many sets I did), but I cared more about lying down than drinking or eating anything. I tried to fall asleep and hopefully feel better by the time I woke up before work.

On my schedule, I'm doing arms tomorrow. I'm almost scared now to even try any CL product again. What can you guys tell me about my situation? Thanks in advance.

-Mike

Edited Note: I realize that there was an initial serving size of 1/2 scoop for PW/GM. I disregarded this, and maybe this is how I pay that price. I don't know how much of a difference it would have made if I did 1/2 or 1 full scoop, though.
    Last edited by mikeyp; 06-30-2006, 04:48 PM.

Originally posted by mikeyp
    Edited Note: I realize that there was an initial serving size of 1/2 scoop for PW/GM. I disregarded this, and maybe this is how I pay that price. I don't know how much of a difference it would have made if I did 1/2 or 1 full scoop, though.
    Yes it does make a difference, but what I would do is try Tank's method for the GlycerGROW (mix it with Yogurt). As for the Purple WRAATH, I STRONGLY recommend taking it straight (powder) and chasing it immediately with LOTS of water. It may also help to shake up the Purple WRAATH tub to get the flavoring to mix evenly.

Responding to customer demand, we ARE improving the flavor of Purple WRAATH, and I apologize for your experience. Please keep us updated.

- Pt

Comment

Mix with yogurt. Okay, I'll try this. I guess it'll make it difficult to take GG over extended period of time (i.e. during a workout). I guess I'll mix 1-2 scoops in some and see what that does for me.

I'll also take your advice on the PW.

I probably won't do anything until Monday, so I'll update around then.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by pu12en12g
        Yes it does make a difference, but what I would do is try Tank's method for the GlycerGROW (mix it with Yogurt). As for the Purple WRAATH, I STRONGLY recommend taking it straight (powder) and chasing it immediately with LOTS of water. It may also help to shake up the Purple WRAATH tub to get the flavoring to mix evenly.

Responding to customer demand, we ARE improving the flavor of Purple WRAATH, and I apologize for your experience. Please keep us updated.

- Pt
        you chase PW?

why?

just mix with some grape ICE, and drink during workout....nummmmy, good shyte Myte (mate doesnt quite rhyme)

Comment

Originally posted by Da Main Man
          you chase PW?

why?
          I just like to scoop the powder right into my mouth and chase it down...

Comment

Suprising

For me, PW scooped straight into my mouth quickens it's effects, as opposed to mixing it with water. The tingling sensation hits me within 3 minutes of consumption, whereas mixed with water it was closer to 10 minutes.

I'm surprised people have complained about the taste. I've liked it from the start. To me, it's like a nice tart grape kool-aid mix. Much better tasting than GG, and especially CEE. I don't mean to be sarcastic, but if you don't like the taste, just hold your breath and chug. Not a difficult or new concept there.
            Last edited by Stuart Rudolph; 07-01-2006, 11:56 AM.
            God Bless,
            Stu

Comment

i havent tasted PW or GG yet but its in my next cycle i start real soon ...... but im on BSNs NO XPLODE right now BLUE RAZ .... with 3 scoopss tastes SO SO bad.. ...in ur opinion does PW or GG taste better than NO Xplode
              5'11"
              230lbs hard

Comment

Originally posted by Krueger
                i havent tasted PW or GG yet but its in my next cycle i start real soon ...... but im on BSNs NO XPLODE right now BLUE RAZ .... with 3 scoopss tastes SO SO bad.. ...in ur opinion does PW or GG taste better than NO Xplode
                I haven't used No-Xplode in a few years, so therefore I cannot compare Blue Raz to PW. GG is unflavored, but to me it's like a weak salt. If I remember correctly, there was only the Citrus, and the Fruit Punch flavored No-Xplode available the last time I had it. PW to me tastes way better than those two.
                God Bless,
                Stu

Comment

Originally posted by mikeyp
                  Mix with yogurt. Okay, I'll try this. I guess it'll make it difficult to take GG over extended period of time (i.e. during a workout). I guess I'll mix 1-2 scoops in some and see what that does for me.

I'll also take your advice on the PW.

I probably won't do anything until Monday, so I'll update around then.

Thanks.
                  I can say from experience that mixing GG with yogurt works really well if you do not want to do the ole chase method.

Comment

Originally posted by Krueger
                    Blue Rasberry was just a horrible flavor of NO-Xplode. Grape was pretty bad too. Fruit Punch I actually liked though.

Comment

im intriged...itriqued, intrigued....hmmmmm not this shit again......"sounds interesting"

Comment

im intriged...itriqued, intrigued....hmmmmm not this shit again......"sounds interesting"
                        Then you gotta change your name, because only real "Da Main Men" can directly scoop CL powders in their mouths.
                        God Bless,
                        Stu

Comment

Update:

Okay, this time I did the following:

Mixed 1 scoop GG in yogurt about 10 minutes pre-w.
                          Chased 1/2 scoop PW with water 5 minutes pre.
                          Chased 1 scoop GM with water 5 minutes pre.
                          Mixed 1 scoop GG in water bottle for during workout.

I had what I'd call a very mild form of nausea, nothing that hampered my performance, but slightly noticeable (maybe my body will get used to it in a few workouts). Looks like the yogurt and chasing thing works better for me.

With the dosages I used, my arm workout was very intense. Rest times were noticeably cut down, pumps were awesome, as were the lifts.

I wonder where this is going to get me when I taper up my dosage these coming weeks

Thanks for the support.

Comment

Originally posted by Stuart Rudolph
                            Then you gotta change your name, because only real "Da Main Men" can directly scoop CL powders in their mouths.
                            dude...please

your name is rudolph!

lol

i can take it, really.....1....2....CHASE!!!

Comment

dude...please

your name is rudolph!

lol

i can take it, really.....1....2....CHASE!!!

Believe me I've heard it all regarding my last name, at roll call in school, where there was a big roar of laughter when my name was called, and especially at Christmas time! And my nose DOES turn beet red in cold weather, seriously!
                              Last edited by Stuart Rudolph; 07-04-2006, 04:45 AM.
                              God Bless,
                              Stu

Comment

Working...
                              X