3 Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 Questions

1. how can i stop bruising my knees when i do deads? seems like every time i pull i always manage to bang the bar on my knees on the way down im guessing that either my genetic gift was huge knee caps ( funny i hyper exteneded one when i played football in highschool and agrivated it while i was in the corp and the other got trashed very shortly after also thanks to the corps yay 24 mile hikes with full gear and heavy weapons training)

2. Yates row or bent over row and is there any reason the seated row a good alternative for either? (asking because you can basicaly get the same form just not the same weight)

3. why the hell do i hate curls so much? everyone else loves them i get bored with them i have ok sized arms but i know if i could bring my self to do them my arms would be alot bigger

Originally posted by bis
    1. how can i stop bruising my knees when i do deads?
    Even when you go light ?

Comment

Originally posted by bis
      1. how can i stop bruising my knees when i do deads? seems like every time i pull i always manage to bang the bar on my knees on the way down im guessing that either my genetic gift was huge knee caps ( funny i hyper exteneded one when i played football in highschool and agrivated it while i was in the corp and the other got trashed very shortly after also thanks to the corps yay 24 mile hikes with full gear and heavy weapons training)
      dont hit your knees when the bar. lift it up freely dont drag it up your leg/thigh. use proper form and lighter weight.

Originally posted by bis
      2. Yates row or bent over row and is there any reason the seated row a good alternative for either? (asking because you can basicaly get the same form just not the same weight)
      idk what they are. i like bent over rows, t bar rows, low/high cable rows, lawnmoawer rows a good variety is good.

Originally posted by bis
      3. why the hell do i hate curls so much? everyone else loves them i get bored with them i have ok sized arms but i know if i could bring my self to do them my arms would be alot bigger
      cos theres only like 10 ways to do curls, and that is about all you can do to isolate the bicep

try hitting triceps harder to increase your biceps.

Comment

Originally posted by jdiritto
        try hitting triceps harder to increase your biceps.
        Tri / bi supersets

Comment

what is light?
          its actually on the way down not up when i bang my knees. i do have a tendency to let the bar run down my thighs. im guessing i should try to hold the weight away from me a little if that doesnt work then i guess bruised knees is alot better than a jack up back

tri's i can handle aside from my knees this would be my other genetic gift.
          i usually hit them pretty hard with CGBP,seated tri' extensions and dips til failure

as far as the rows go this golds gym sucks to tbar assisted or not and no corners to prop the bar in the corner of. and i def need 1 type of row i was hoping for a big compound movement. cause i do pullups with pull downs. and all the HST stuff i have read says you need a row. i seen a guy doing tbar rows in the deadlift platform thing but it looked like one false move and he would get racked in the nuts with the other end of the bar so thats def out.

Comment

If theres a weightlifting platform and bumper plates at your gym, you could just drop the weight.

Comment

Originally posted by ozcoltsfan
              If theres a weightlifting platform and bumper plates at your gym, you could just drop the weight.
              "just dropping" the weight is for bitches that cant handle the weight.

Comment

i drop the big dumbells after im done with a set like the 125's cause ihh i usually cant hold them up anymore

i guess im a bitch

Comment

thats diff.. im talkin like hey i deadlift to the top, than drop it cos im done.

or i powerclean alot, but every rep i drop it from my chest to the floor and utilize the bounce to relift it half way up from momentum

Comment

oh i was always told to deadlift means to goto the top hold then lower until it is on the ground

i usually take my hands off before i lift it again i might just be lowering my hips faster than im bending my knees ie bad form im going to have to start looking at myself in the mirror while i do these

my main goal is to get going real heavy again without screwing up my back

Comment

Originally posted by bis

1. Drop in weight and work on form, sounds like you are stitting down and dragging the weight up and down your legs and standing too upright when you are near the bottom.

2. Yates rows
                      http://www.rustyiron.net/lifts.htm#YatesRows

3. Mix up your bi routine

Comment

Working...
                      X