The Official "What's up with 420?" thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Official "What's up with 420?" thread

As far as I can tell, on the 20th of April just about every pot-head in America joins together in a "joint" celebration, so to speak. Why 4/20? What's the significance to that number? Why not any of the other 364 days in the year? Where did the 420 bit come from?
    Last edited by GimpyPaw; 06-17-2006, 01:26 AM.

4:20PM used to be when school let out, and that's when they all went out and get their smoke on...
    www.elitefitsystems.com

Now with CL and all your other favorites

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/420_(drug_culture)
      + =

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Aries
        4:20PM used to be when school let out, and that's when they all went out and get their smoke on...
        interesting, and how do you know this sir?
        REDuction SHOTS are Now Here!

Out Now:
        Orange OxiMega (Fish Oil & Greens)
        Purple Psyko
        Gold Feast
        Blue Gene
        Blue Growth
        REDuction AM/PM Shots
        REDuction AM/PM (and PM solo)
        Orange TRIad
        White Flood (5 Flavors)
        Black Hole
        Green MAGnitude (apple or lemonade)
        Green Bulge
        White Blood 2
        Purple Wraath (grape or lemonade)
        Blue Up
        Blue Up (Stim-Free)
        GlycerGrow (Elements line)
        CLAmore (Elements Line)

Toll Free: (800) 692-4558
        Tank "@" ControlledLabs.com

Comment

Originally posted by Travis71902
          Wikipedia does not have an article with this exact name. Please search for 420 (drug culture in Wikipedia to check for alternative titles or spellings.

Start the 420 (drug culture article or add a request for it.
          Search for 420 (drug culture in existing articles.
          Look for 420 (drug culture in Wiktionary, our sister dictionary project.
          Look for 420 (drug culture in the Commons, our repository for free images, music, sound, and video.
          Look for pages within Wikipedia linking to this article.

If you expected a page to be here, and it is not, the page may not yet be visible due to a delay in updating the database, or it may have been deleted. (See the criteria for speedy deletion for some possible reasons). Try the purge function, check the deletion log and/or the deletion discussion page, and wait a few minutes before attempting to recreate this page.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Yea, I actually checked there first before I asked, but this is what I came up with. As for the school's out thing, 420 is something of a national event, but I doubt all 50 states have been letting kids out of school at the same time, so while it's a possibility, it's not overly probable.

Comment

Originally posted by Controlled Labs
            interesting, and how do you know this sir?

it's been sang about in rap songs for a long time now..

THere's this really popular rap song from the old days called SOUTHSIDE by Lil Keke that talked about 4:20 in it...

Gimpypaw, this is not a guess, lol...
            www.elitefitsystems.com

Comment

Its actually something potheads stole from tweakers. April 20th is Adolf Hitlers birthday. Tweakers would celebrate 4/20 because Hitler made meth. Half the people you asked that are potheads wouldn't even have a real reason for it. Most just do it because their friends do.
              It's not that I can't stop. It's that I won't stop

Comment

Originally posted by tizzyistrippin
                Its actually something potheads stole from tweakers. April 20th is Adolf Hitlers birthday. Tweakers would celebrate 4/20 because Hitler made meth. Half the people you asked that are potheads wouldn't even have a real reason for it. Most just do it because their friends do.

let's celebrate november 1st from now on cuz well... 11:01AM is when I like getting my butt out of bed!
                www.elitefitsystems.com

Comment

Bah, I hate tweakers... but.... love 4:20. 4:20 is a shill!!!

I've attached an image from my 4:20 goody bag this year.... I drastically stopped smoking and limited to medicinal application. When I get a migraine I immediately snip up some bud and pack a small bong rip.

This was a good 4:20 though, I never go all out anymore. Those baggies are pot cookies, there's some blunt wraps, regular zig zags (flax), hemp rollies and rice papers. Never touched the pot cookies because a peice the size of a walnut will have you stoned for a whole day. I don't mess with weak pot. If I'm smoking, it will be ultra fine marijuana and it won't take more than a couple of puffs. To think that I'd abuse this stuff and smoke up to an 1/8th a day (3.5g).... man, what a waste.

Guess you could say I'm a cannabis connoisseur or the pickiest stoner you'll ever meet. Rather be healthy and respect this plant than indulge and make smokers fit the stereotypes.

Oh, btw this is "Burmeese". A great F1 hybrid actually... A friend has been growing and training this strain for at least 5 years, so it's genetics are mapped inside and out. Great for anti-anxiety, headaches, nausea, doesn't burn you out (more sativa-like) and the best tasting bud ever. I have 4.5g that's been curing for about 7-8 weeks and 14g fresh that was harvested and dried. Now it's curing and smells so lovely.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Aries
                    let's celebrate november 1st from now on cuz well... 11:01AM is when I like getting my butt out of bed!
                    I usually celebrate november 1st but it is my bday.

Comment

Working...
                    X