Lifting Straps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lifting Straps

Who all here uses lifting straps and what lifts do you use them on? I am thinking about buying some, but just wanting to see if alot of people use them.

I use wrist straps for heavy deads (405 & up), I use knee wraps for heavy squats (315 & up) and I use wrist wraps for db/bb bench and a few other exercises. I also use a belt for heavy deads and squats. All my wraps/straps are APT. They make great products.

Comment

Originally posted by SonnyTheBull
      I use wrist straps for heavy deads (405 & up), I use knee wraps for heavy squats (315 & up) and I use wrist wraps for db/bb bench and a few other exercises. I also use a belt for heavy deads and squats. All my wraps/straps are APT. They make great products.
      Nice to meet other APT users!

Comment

I use straps for deads, heavy db rows, heavy bb rows, and heavy t-bar rows. I use knee wraps forheavy squats (315 and up) heavy hacks, and heavy leg press. I use wrist wraps for db/bb presses and heavy mil/db presses, heavy skull crushers, and heavy db extensions.

All of my wraps and straps are APT of course!

Comment

Originally posted by ddawg91
          Nice to meet other APT users!
          Yeah, they make great wraps/straps. I'm not to fond of the belt though. I got the 4in one. It really digs into my ribs when I do deep squats. It's really stiff. I use the belt Cutler promotes I forget the name though.

Comment

Originally posted by SonnyTheBull
            Yeah, they make great wraps/straps. I'm not to fond of the belt though. I got the 4in one. It really digs into my ribs when I do deep squats. It's really stiff. I use the belt Cutler promotes I forget the name though.
            I use the Inzer lever belt and love it except for leg presses, so I don't use one then.

Comment

Thanks for the replys guys! I got a question though. I use gloves currently, can I use straps with them?

Comment

just like everyone else, APT

lift straps for heavy deads, heavy db rows, and pullups if my forearms are burned out
                jdouchebag for president

Comment

Originally posted by jmdfd415
                  Thanks for the replys guys! I got a question though. I use gloves currently, can I use straps with them?

i use both before and have seen a few others do it .... but I'm not a fan of using gloves anymore, so I'd get rid of 'em unless you're a hand model (just my opinion)
                  jdouchebag for president

Comment

Originally posted by strester
                    i use both before and have seen a few others do it .... but I'm not a fan of using gloves anymore, so I'd get rid of 'em unless you're a hand model (just my opinion)
                    Haha! No im not a hand model so I guess I could go without them.

Comment

Yep they work just fine with gloves.

Comment

Originally posted by ddawg91
                        Yep they work just fine with gloves.
                        Thanks! I use gloves that have wrist wraps so does that matter?

Comment

I don't wear gloves either. I feel a better grip without them. Another APT product I recommend is the stingray for front squats.

Comment

Thanks! I use gloves that have wrist wraps so does that matter?
                            Don't think so, I haven't used gloves in a long time and never tried the ones with the wrist wraps built in.

Comment

I will be ordering some apt straps so I will try them out and if they dont work well together I will drop the gloves.

Comment

Working...
                              X