Computer problems, please help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer problems, please help.

So I have no more sound in my computer. At first I though the speakers simply died out, but after changing them three times I realize thats not the problem. I've put the sound up in every freaking multimedia program I have and still no sound. It's very annoying when I want to watch something on youtube and don't have the sound. Help a computer illiterate brother out.

Thanks,
    S.S.
    -Supplement Addict-

"You're going to tell me what I want to know, it's just a just a matter of how much you want it to hurt."
    -Jack Bauer

Originally posted by storm shadow
    So I have no more sound in my computer. At first I though the speakers simply died out, but after changing them three times I realize thats not the problem. I've put the sound up in every freaking multimedia program I have and still no sound. It's very annoying when I want to watch something on youtube and don't have the sound. Help a computer illiterate brother out.

Thanks,
    S.S.
    probably either a dead sound card or your master volume is set to mute or very low.
    REDuction SHOTS are Now Here!

Out Now:
    Orange OxiMega (Fish Oil & Greens)
    Purple Psyko
    Gold Feast
    Blue Gene
    Blue Growth
    REDuction AM/PM Shots
    REDuction AM/PM (and PM solo)
    Orange TRIad
    White Flood (5 Flavors)
    Black Hole
    Green MAGnitude (apple or lemonade)
    Green Bulge
    White Blood 2
    Purple Wraath (grape or lemonade)
    Blue Up
    Blue Up (Stim-Free)
    GlycerGrow (Elements line)
    CLAmore (Elements Line)

Toll Free: (800) 692-4558
    Tank "@" ControlledLabs.com

Comment

Do you have multiple media players that you use? Like real player, windows media, quicktime? If so open them all up and make sure that the volume is turned up in all of them. I have had this problem before and I couldnt figure out what was going on, like all my master settings were up but then I found out that the real player was turned all the way down so I turned it up and it worked.

Comment

Originally posted by jmdfd415
        Do you have multiple media players that you use? Like real player, windows media, quicktime? If so open them all up and make sure that the volume is turned up in all of them. I have had this problem before and I couldnt figure out what was going on, like all my master settings were up but then I found out that the real player was turned all the way down so I turned it up and it worked.
        Already did that.
        -Supplement Addict-

"You're going to tell me what I want to know, it's just a just a matter of how much you want it to hurt."
        -Jack Bauer

Comment

Originally posted by Controlled Labs
          probably either a dead sound card or your master volume is set to mute or very low.
          what happens if its a dead sound card? do I need to get a new one? how much? easy to install?
          -Supplement Addict-

-Jack Bauer

Comment

Already did that.
            The only other thing I would think it could be is that your sound card has gone bad.

Comment

what happens if its a dead sound card? do I need to get a new one? how much? easy to install?
              At best buy they range from $28 to $280. They have decent ones at the lower prices. They are pretty easy to install. All you would have to do is open up the case with the computer off and power unplugged. And you would see which one it is. All you gotta do is remove a screw that holds it to the case and gently pull the card out. Then plug the new one in carefully and put the screw back in. Then once you start the computer up you would have to install the drivers and stuff that come with it on a cd.
              Here is one that would be fine:
              http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1138084673510
              Last edited by jmdfd415; 06-15-2006, 07:27 PM.

Comment

jmd.. that website doesnt work for your log, need to update the address to the new url.
                A Gold's Gym puppet - and proud of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sethva
                  jmd.. that website doesnt work for your log, need to update the address to the new url.
                  Thanks I totally forgot!

Comment

Before you run out and buy a new card try re-installing the drivers for your current card. Also is this only a problem with watching movies on youtube? I think I've heard of other people having this problem I'll have to check some of the tech forums and see if I can find that thread again if that's the case.

Comment

1 - try reinstalling drivers by removing the sound card from your hardware profile and reinstalling
                      2- try moving the card to another slot on the motherboard (could be a bad pci slot rather than a bad card)
                      3- get a new card
                      jdouchebag for president

Comment

Thanks for all the advice guys, really appreciate it. I will try what you guys posted today once I have some spare time.
                        -Supplement Addict-

-Jack Bauer

Comment

Working...
                        X