Need a little Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a little Help

Sup, Im new here and i've found this forum much more easy on the eyes compared to bb, and alot easier to search for stuff and learn.

But i was just wondering how did you guys make ur diet, i mean did you guys see a dietitian? or did you guys just go to the supermarket and and look at the labels? lol

i know the basics.
    1g of Protein = 4 cals per gram
    1g of Carbohydrates = 4 cals per gram
    1g of fat = 9 cals per gram

Some links and info that might help:

http://www.dailymotion.com/LEECH2004...ar-pt1_extreme

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=4939663

Comment

Thanks, i appreciate it. =]

Comment

a great read (i think) on general diet/nutrition is the ABs Diet by Mens Health.

it's not aimed at sport nutrition, or bodybuilding lifestyles -- but more for the general population. I read it before I got into the whole bodybuilding thing, and I think its a great read for the ground work of the lifestyle really.

unless your super serious and into it, alot of the bodybuilding-esque dieting and nutrition tactics may be too much for the average person.. but the ABs diet is real down to earth and easy to follow. it doesnt involve stupid point systems, or anything like that (in fact it mocks at the term diet - as it implies failure) and is more just a basic program with i think 12 general foods that you should try to get as much of as possible (most of which are similiar to some of the bodybuilding foods)

IMO a great read (as stated). I hope to someday have all the texts on common diets and be knowledge on them all (as well as a plethra [sp?] of other topics) - as my focus in my grad studies is in the exercise/sport field.

Comment

^^ I agree. The "Eating for Life" book by Bill phillips was the first book in my opinion to successfully dumb down a bodybuilding diet for the everyday average joe. However his connections with eas meant that to follow his plan you had to own stock in Myoplex. "the Abs Diet" does about the same thing without such a heavy reliance on Mrps and protien shakes. I never really bought into the body for life or the abs diet workouts for myself but I think they would probably be ok for someone just starting out.
          Dont ask for a light load, Ask for a strong back,and also some huge biceps while your asking.

Comment

yea -- most diets force you to buy into a product line or a stupid idea (points, whatever) which works, but you eventually get tired of it/cant aford it and give up.

it's the dieting paradox -- popular diets are designd for rapid immediate results -- so you think wow this works. in the long run you cant sustain a diet, therefore you quit doing it and lose your progress -- enhancing the thought the diet really worked.

the best diet in reality is healthy eating coupled with a decreased caloric intake and enhanced training -- both aerobically and anaerobically..

Comment

Exactly, to many people want to buy the magic pill to turn them into an Adonis but the pills only help if everthing else is in order. My fav is in all of the CL FAQs, Does This product replace proper nutrition, training, and cardio ?

No
              Dont ask for a light load, Ask for a strong back,and also some huge biceps while your asking.

Comment

Amen --- i like the new yellow neuph #2 faq where it says about not using it daily, as you'll become dependant on it..

I really hope theres no research on that kind of info, so i can do it for my graduate thesis next year..and possibly a dissertation in the future

Comment

That is actually the beauty of sites like these IMO. They are especially helpful for people new to the game to really learn a lot. With the diet section and also the video exercise index. 10 years ago we didnt have this stuff. I went to a real small high school and the coaches even had no clue about lifting. I went to a school powerlifting meet and actually had to get there early to watch the other kids because none of us knew how to deadlift.

Comment

I was lucky to have a strength/conditioning coach my Sr year of HS football that worked with the Pittsburgh Pirates, and Univ of Pitt (plus another large central PA football program) before coming to my small shitty HS

.. something about doing leg press til you puke every week at 18 makes you a man.

Comment

Learning about proper dietary habits takes research on your end and working with others who other who have background in the industry whether a dietitian or knowledgeable trainer. A few necessities:

1) Learn about the glycemic index which details carbohydrate impact
                      2) Learn about essential fatty acids and other dietary fats
                      3) Learn about lean protein sources and protein powders. Rule of thumb is at least 1 g per lb of bodyweight if weight training intensely.
                      4) Eat at least five meals/shakes a day with more carbs earlier in the day and some after your workout as well. Protein intake is continual.
                      5) Drink 1-2 gallons of water per day and eat plenty of veggies and some fruit as well.
                      **CONTROLLED LABS SPONSORED ATHLETE**
                      **THENUTRITIONX.COM SPONSORED ATHLETE**
                      WNBF Pro Bodybuilder & Trainer

http://www.RICHBODYFIT.com
                      http://www.BeyondLimitsTraining.net
                      http://www.NaturalBuckeyeClassic.com - 3rd annual coming in April 2011 with the WNBF Pro Men's Tournament of Champions!

Comment

Working...
                      X