DDawg's Road to the Monster Muscle Raw Bench Championships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DDawg's Road to the Monster Muscle Raw Bench Championships

That's right I am finally getting back to competing. I am finally getting back to doign a bench competition for the first time in 3+ years. I will be doing the Monster Muscle RAW Bench Press Champoinships on December 1, 2007. The contest is being held in Coeur d`Alene, Idaho.

http://www.brutalbreed.com/pride/

So please follow along on my journey back to the platform!

Last edited by ddawg91; 09-29-2007, 01:09 AM. Reason: Updated info

This will be sweet

Comment

Oh hell yea

Comment

And it starts!

ME Day 9-17-07

Chest/ABs
        *does not include warmup sets

Exercise Training Log

1. 4 Board Press [ 3 Working Sets ]
        3x365|3x405|3x455

2. CG Decline Press [ 3 Sets ]
        6x275|6x315|6x365

3. Standing Military Press [ 3 Sets ]
        6x135|6x185|6x185

4. Elbows Out DB Extension [ 3 Sets ]
        6x80|6x95|6x95

5. DB Front Raise [ 3 Sets ]
        10x25|10x25|10x25

6. DB Side Lateral [ 3 Sets ]
        10x25|10x25|10x25

Workout Time:
        6:00 AM

Diet:
        Low Carb

General Feelings:
        Body was real tired from the weekend, I spent a lot of time using a cleaning compound and then buffing out my truck. So my triceps and shoulders were pretty worn out. Energy was pretty good all day as was my mood. I did ingest some gluten on accident the past couple of days so I am starting to feel the effects of that as well.

Workout:
        Very motivated at the gym I was more than ready to start to prepare for the contest. I felt real strong but with my shoulders totally exhausted from doing my truck I just could not get the weight up like I felt I could. Everything (support wise) felt heavy. I was not happy with my first start at all. But good news is that I can only go up hill from here!

Conditioning:
        Heavy bag 3 sets of 60 punches each arm at 3 different heights.

Comment

DE Day

Back/Bis/Rear Delts

Exercise Training Log

1. Hanging Cleans [ 3 Sets ]
          10x135|10x165|10x165|

2. Bench Supported Rows [ 3 Sets ]
          10x135|10x185|10x185

3. 1 Arm Cable Rows [ 3 Sets ]
          10x10|10x12|10x13

4. EZ Bar Preacher [ 3 Sets ]
          10x85|10x105|8x105

5. Laying Bench Curls [ 3 Sets ]
          10x12|10x13|10x14

Workout Time:

Diet:
          No Carb

General Feelings:
          Still feel the effects of the gluten, was hard to stay focused and driven throughout the day. Pretty tired due to not only the no carbs but the gluten as well.

Workout:
          Shoulders feel better but still fatigued so having the day off tomorrow with legs will be a nice break. Found a week point in my grips so I will be adding more in. Had some serious back pumps and workout was much better than the previous day.

Conditioning:
          Power runner 35Lbs @ 25 seconds for 6 sets

Comment

What does your diet setup look like? Obviously you aren't following a typical powerlifting diet. Just curious what your macros look like for your goal.
            Dont ask for a light load, Ask for a strong back,and also some huge biceps while your asking.

Comment

jesus christ man.. you workout at 6am?!

I'm terrified of the real world... i def. gotta stay in school til i get my doctorat.e my earliest class/meeting whatever is 12:30 2x a week.. every other day I dont have anything to do til 2pm or later..lol i still get up @ 715 to get to the gym by 830 at the latest (unless im real tired/lazy)

Comment

NICE!!! good luck ddawg
                Disclaimer: While I have an M.D. the views I express are not to be taken as medical advice under any circumstances. Please check with your own doctor if you want medical advice as he/she has access to your info and can provide the most accurate advice.

www.pubmed.gov . . . gotta love it

Comment

Originally posted by jdiritto
                  I'm terrified of the real world...
                  Marijnoia !!

Comment

Holy Hell, this should be fun!
                    A Gold's Gym puppet - and proud of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Obeast
                      What does your diet setup look like? Obviously you aren't following a typical powerlifting diet. Just curious what your macros look like for your goal.
                      My current diet is a CKD (Cyclic Ketogenic Diet), I have been more successful keeping mass and strenght while losing weight this way. My macros are constantly changing but the only thing that is constant is my protein wich is up around 400g.

Originally posted by jdiritto
                      jesus christ man.. you workout at 6am?!

I'm terrified of the real world... i def. gotta stay in school til i get my doctorat.e my earliest class/meeting whatever is 12:30 2x a week.. every other day I dont have anything to do til 2pm or later..lol i still get up @ 715 to get to the gym by 830 at the latest (unless im real tired/lazy)
                      LOL! Gotta do what you gotta do when you have a kid, full time job and go to school at the same time. I get up at 4 just to take my PWO meal!

Originally posted by Dr.Dave1
                      NICE!!! good luck ddawg
                      Hey! Thanks, I am pretty stoked for this one.

Originally posted by Sethva
                      Holy Hell, this should be fun!
                      I sure hope so, jsut want my bigger numbers but that would only happen with 2 more spotters.

Comment

Legs 9-19-07

Exercise Training Log

1. Box Step Ups [ 3 Sets ]
                        10x80|10x90|10x100

2. Single Leg Press [ 3 Set ]
                        10x160|10x195|10x205

3. Stiff Legged Deadlifts [ 3 Sets ]
                        10x185|10x225|10x255

4. Ghetto reverse Hypers [ 3 Sets ]
                        10xBW|10xminiband|10x20Lbs

6. Calf Raise on Leg Press [ 3 Sets ]
                        12x600|12x600|12x600

Workout Time:

Diet:
                        Refeed

General Feelings:
                        Feeling somewhat better, stomach issues seem to be going away and so do the effects of the ingested gluten. Have been having mood swings but that is due to the no carb days.

Workout:
                        Doing some knee rehab/strengthening work for a few weeks. I was noticing that my left leg felt weaker as I was lifting. Beside with doing cleans or snatches on my DE back day and rack pulls on ME back day, I am doing more accessory work on my “leg” day.

I am feeling the strength come up in my left leg and was not as noticeable as it has in the past.

Conditioning:
                        None, resting my legs as they were too trashed.

Comment

DE Day

Chest/ABs

Exercise Training Log

1. DB Flat [ 3 Set ]
                          10x100|10x120|10x130

2. Hammer Jammer [ 3 Sets ]
                          10x50ea|10x60ea|10x755ea

3. Elbows In DB Press [ 3 Sets ]
                          10x80|10x100|10x120

4. Cable Front Raise [ 3 Sets ]
                          10x7|10x7|10x7

5. Cable Side Laterals [ 3 Sets ]
                          10x4|10x4|10x4

6. Pressdowns [ 3 Sets ]
                          15x160|15x200|12x200

Workout Time:

Diet:
                          No carb

General Feelings:
                          Feeling much better, had some stomach issues but they settled down before my workout. Cannot wait till it is gone, not sure what is doing it either. Gluten effects are gone, thank God!

I am down a pound already so I may shoot for the 181 division, will see where I am at in a couple of weeks. I have gone back on my CKD but if strength becomes compromised then I will change.

Workout:
                          Trying to work on the bottom end of my bench, so I will be switching between cambered bar and DB presses. This is a very important area for RAW bench as you do not have the shirt for assistance off the bottom.

The DBs felt really heavy so I could tell that I have neglected them for a while. I really focused on the explosion off the bottom after a short pause, this was to simulate the “press” command in the contest. Everything else felt really good and strong.

Conditioning:
                          50m sprints, 5 sets.

Comment

Had a minor set cack Friday, a friend of mine bought me lunch at a deli that advertised gluten free bread. Well I ate it without really looking into it and then once I felt the tell tale signs I looked it up and sure enough, the deli is wrong. So pretty much all friday and weekend was spent in recovery.

I have not felt flat in my muscles but it sure tore up my stomach. The bad thing is that it effects the obsorbtion of my nutrients so I am not getting everything I am taking in.

But I will just have to step it up a notch to get back what I may have lost. And try to avoid the normal weight gain I get as well.

Comment

Stupid question here man... but what are your bench shirts made out of (Poly ? / Nylon ? / Neoprene ? ) and are they itchy at all ?

Comment

Working...
                              X