Night Binging.. Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Night Binging.. Help!

I seem to suffer a serious case of night binging. My cravings get so intense that I can't sleep. My dieting is perfectly fine and I've been following my diet/lifestyle for months now. Like seriously, last night I went out and bought an ice cream cone and two chocoloate bars! What the heck! It started when I had a peice of chocolate a few days back.. and because I haven't had it in so long.. it just tasted so damn good! And suggestions/inspirations?
    Failure is only a word. I don't plan on giving it meaning

I used to wake up in the middle of the night and eat things like cake, cookies, etc (and barely remember it the next day!) If I eat a big dinner a few hours before I go to bed I find myself less likely to wake up hungry. Just an idea

Comment

I agree with RR that a big meal would be a good idea if you think that it would help.

One thing that helps also is to find a protein powder(flavor) that is close to what you crave. This way you can "have" those tastes while it not being damaging. This would be nice to have with a pre-bed meal as to keep the cravings subsided as you are going to sleep.

Comment

1/2 C. Cottage Cheese
        1 Tbs. Natural Peanut butter
        20g whatever flavor of sugar free jello pudding you like
        1 packet splenda

Mix it all up, throw a tablespoon of cool whip on top and you have my bulking, pre-bed meal. Keeps your body fed all night and cottage cheese is supposed to rev your metabolism. Tastes awesome too.

Comment

Originally posted by Lander
          1/2 C. Cottage Cheese
          1 Tbs. Natural Peanut butter
          20g whatever flavor of sugar free jello pudding you like
          1 packet splenda

Mix it all up, throw a tablespoon of cool whip on top and you have my bulking, pre-bed meal. Keeps your body fed all night and cottage cheese is supposed to rev your metabolism. Tastes awesome too.
          Mines very similar. I use cottage cheese + whey + Peanut butter. Awesome pre-bed meal that tastes incredible.
          Supplements.net Board Rep

Quality, Supplements at Great Prices.

Comment

thanks guys. Im gunna try getting myself a real tasty shake and see if that helps with the cravings.

Comment

Originally posted by malky
              thanks guys. Im gunna try getting myself a real tasty shake and see if that helps with the cravings.
              Sounds like your pms-ing. Just kidding. I was just reading in one of my magazines (Oxygen) that women crave chocolate when their magnesium is low. Maybe guys have the same problem?

laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

Originally posted by bull.dogz
                Sounds like your pms-ing. Just kidding. I was just reading in one of my magazines (Oxygen) that women crave chocolate when their magnesium is low. Maybe guys have the same problem?

ahahah. Yeah, its that time of the month for me. :P

Comment

Originally posted by malky
                  I seem to suffer a serious case of night binging. My cravings get so intense that I can't sleep. My dieting is perfectly fine and I've been following my diet/lifestyle for months now. Like seriously, last night I went out and bought an ice cream cone and two chocoloate bars! What the heck! It started when I had a peice of chocolate a few days back.. and because I haven't had it in so long.. it just tasted so damn good! And suggestions/inspirations?

What stimulants (if any) are you using ?
                  Last edited by pu12en12g; 09-01-2007, 09:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pu12en12g

What stimulants (if any) are you using ?
                    Just caffeine.
                    Last edited by malky; 09-01-2007, 12:00 PM.

Comment

if you get a craving at night - eat something - but eat smart.

instead of ice cream and 2 chocolate bars try this

cut an apple up (or bannana) -- put natural PB all over - sprinkle with almonds - enjoy with warm milk

- the milk and/or bannana will also enduce sleep

Comment

Warm milk is gross and completely ruins the point for me

Comment

yeah, ive never tried it nor do i want too -- but its apparantly good for sleep/dreams

Comment

Originally posted by haiz69
                            Mines very similar. I use cottage cheese + whey + Peanut butter. Awesome pre-bed meal that tastes incredible.
                            Yup, me too. Except that my protein powder is a blend with casein. On my weak point days, I've been smashing this before bed to grow:

- 3/4 c regular cott chz
                            - 1.5 scoops strawberry MaxPro blend protein
                            - 2 T natty peanut butter

Freeze for 15 minutes and voila!! Fat is filling and can curb hunger by slowing digestion, hence the common theme of PB.
                            **CONTROLLED LABS SPONSORED ATHLETE**
                            **THENUTRITIONX.COM SPONSORED ATHLETE**
                            WNBF Pro Bodybuilder & Trainer

http://www.RICHBODYFIT.com
                            http://www.BeyondLimitsTraining.net
                            http://www.NaturalBuckeyeClassic.com - 3rd annual coming in April 2011 with the WNBF Pro Men's Tournament of Champions!

Comment

Working...
                            X