Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning Workouts and Diet

I posted this in my journal, but figured I might get more help here

We are starting new hours at work next week where my fiance will have to go in an hour earlier so instead of trying to sleep while he's getting ready for work, I figured I'd get up with him and try to workout in the mornings. this means I'll be rising at 4:30am. so I have a few questions...

If I lift weights in the morning I need to eat before right? and after right? would a shake before and after be okay? On medium and high carb days I can add oats to my PWO shake.

I think this will sort of screw up my meals for the whole day though because when I get home from work I'll need another snack which would normally be my second whey shake so I don't think I should have 3 each day? I will be able to make supper earlier since I won't be working out after work, but I'll still need something small in there to hold me over from my 2pm snack to my say 6pm supper (but it might be later by the time my fiance arrives home and works out)

So how does this look?

Wake(4:30am): 1 scoop whey, 1 scoop Shock Therapy
    Workout(5am): 1 scoop Storm, 1 scoop Purple Wraath
    Postworkout(6am): 1 scoop whey, 1/4 cup oats, 2 hard boiled eggs 1 cup milk
    Snack(9am): 1 scoop whey, 1/2 oz almonds (add 1/4 cup oats on med & high carb days)
    Lunch(11:30am): 1/2 cup chicken, salad (add rice on med & high carb days)
    Snack(2pm): 1 can tuna, 1/2 oz almonds
    Snack(5pm): 1 tbsp PB, 1 scoop whey (add 1/4 cup oats on med & high carb days)
    Supper(7pm): 1/2 cup chicken, salad or broccoli, olive oil (add rice or corn on med & high carb days)

Calories for low day: 1474
    Protein: 177g
    Carbs: 47g
    Fat: 63g
    "Suffer the pain of discipline or suffer the pain of regret!" - Unknown

How is your stomach if you drink whey right before ?

Comment

Originally posted by pu12en12g
      How is your stomach if you drink whey right before ?
      my stomach is fine if it's just weights. But if it's doing HIIT or any type of cardio for that matter, it seems to make me feel nauseous.

Comment

Originally posted by Sexyback
        my stomach is fine if it's just weights. But if it's doing HIIT or any type of cardio for that matter, it seems to make me feel nauseous.
        It might be worth a try to go with just WRAATH + Storm + Shock PRE (this makes POST very important - capt obvious).
        Last edited by pu12en12g; 08-01-2007, 04:45 PM.

Comment

It might be worth a try to go with just WRAATH + Storm + Shock PRE (this makes POST very important - capt obvious).
          that would be grapealicious!

should I still have they whey pre as well?

how does my PWO look?

Comment

that would be grapealicious!

should I still have they whey pre as well?
            That's the part I would experiment with
            how does my PWO look?
            Great !

Comment

That's the part I would experiment with

Great !
              thanks PT.

I'll report next week on how I feel getting up that early! It will be tough!

Comment

Working...
              X