Anyone have this happen before?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have this happen before?

Last night I woke up, took a piss and all of a sudden my back felt like someone stabed me. I did SLDL the day before but now it doesnt seem to hurt just kinda scared the crap outta me

I have had something similar to that before. If i turned a certain way sometimes it would be a really sharp pain like right behind my right oblique. I was really weird. I think mine was because I slept weird or something.

Comment

Yikes! Thast doesnt sound like fun!

Nope hasnt happened to me.
      What typos?

Disclaimer: All flirtatious posts under the name of Booty are all in good humor and do not represent the official thoughts of the actual person behind the screen name.

Comment

Originally posted by LancerV
        Last night I woke up, took a piss and all of a sudden my back felt like someone stabed me. I did SLDL the day before but now it doesnt seem to hurt just kinda scared the crap outta me
        hmmmm . . . well acute flank (the area just above your waste lateral to your spine) pain can mean a few things :grabs stethoscope and white coat: . . . kidney stones and pyelonephritis are the two most common . . . of course it could also just be nothing.
        I might be able to help you narrow it down here are some questions which you can answer or can choose not to . . .
        I made the assumption that it was flank pain if this was a poor assumption let me know . . .

Has this happened to you before . . . take a pee and then have flank pain . . . or flank pain at all?
        How long did the pain last?
        Where was the pain localized exactly?
        did it radiate or was it localized?
        on a scale of 1 to 10 how painful was it?
        Has it returned at all even as a less painful version?
        Any blood in your urine?
        Any pain or burning associated with urination?
        do you normally wake up at night to pee?
        Was your water intake high enough for this to be warranted?
        Are you peeing more often recently than usual?
        Do you get UTIs regularly?
        Have you had a recent sore throat?
        Disclaimer: While I have an M.D. the views I express are not to be taken as medical advice under any circumstances. Please check with your own doctor if you want medical advice as he/she has access to your info and can provide the most accurate advice.

www.pubmed.gov . . . gotta love it

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Dave1

Has this happened to you before . . . take a pee and then have flank pain . . . or flank pain at all?Nope first time
          How long did the pain last? Like 30-40mins than went back to slep
          Where was the pain localized exactly?Middle back in the erector area
          did it radiate or was it localized? Localized
          on a scale of 1 to 10 how painful was it?8-9
          Has it returned at all even as a less painful version?None yet
          Any blood in your urine?Nope
          Any pain or burning associated with urination?Was kinda hard to pee but didnt really hurt
          do you normally wake up at night to pee? Not ussually
          Was your water intake high enough for this to be warranted?I drank maybe 1gallon that day
          Are you peeing more often recently than usual?About the same
          Do you get UTIs regularly? Never had one that I know of
          Have you had a recent sore throat?Nope

Comment

Has this happened to you before . . . take a pee and then have flank pain . . . or flank pain at all?Nope first time
            How long did the pain last? Like 30-40mins than went back to slep
            Where was the pain localized exactly?Middle back in the erector area
            did it radiate or was it localized? Localized
            on a scale of 1 to 10 how painful was it?8-9
            Has it returned at all even as a less painful version?None yet
            Any blood in your urine?Nope
            Any pain or burning associated with urination?Was kinda hard to pee but didnt really hurt
            do you normally wake up at night to pee? Not ussually
            Was your water intake high enough for this to be warranted?I drank maybe 1gallon that day
            Are you peeing more often recently than usual?About the same
            Do you get UTIs regularly? Never had one that I know of
            Have you had a recent sore throat?Nope
            I'll give you my quick guess at this point . . . 30-40 mins is a pretty long time for that intense of a pain to last, the location, the fact that it was hard to pee (possible obstruction), and the fact that you do not usually wake up (supports this might be more of an acute thing) . . . all point me to suspect kidney stone. Anyone in your family have kidney stones? You may want to consider going to your doc to get this checked out, especially if you have another such pain. In the mean time drinking a lot of water might be a good idea . . . although this might lead to passing the stone (if there is one) which can be quite painful.

Just a reminder these are just my opinions
            Disclaimer: While I have an M.D. the views I express are not to be taken as medical advice under any circumstances. Please check with your own doctor if you want medical advice as he/she has access to your info and can provide the most accurate advice.

Comment

I'll give you my quick guess at this point . . . 30-40 mins is a pretty long time for that intense of a pain to last, the location, the fact that it was hard to pee (possible obstruction), and the fact that you do not usually wake up (supports this might be more of an acute thing) . . . all point me to suspect kidney stone. Anyone in your family have kidney stones? You may want to consider going to your doc to get this checked out, especially if you have another such pain. In the mean time drinking a lot of water might be a good idea . . . although this might lead to passing the stone (if there is one) which can be quite painful.

Just a reminder these are just my opinions
              Yea could be kidney stones, since I drink like a gallon of milk a day

Comment

Yea could be kidney stones, since I drink like a gallon of milk a day
                and probably consume a lot of protein and maybe take vitamin C . . . all lead to increased risk of stones . . . fun stuff

Comment

and probably consume a lot of protein and maybe take vitamin C . . . all lead to increased risk of stones . . . fun stuff
                  Should I cut back on some Protein? Eating around 400g a day right now, and yea I just took a dump and a piss and it kinda started to throb but not hurt nearly as bad as last night

Comment

Should I cut back on some Protein? Eating around 400g a day right now, and yea I just took a dump and a piss and it kinda started to throb but not hurt nearly as bad as last night
                    Well, if you already have a kidney stone I think it's kinda late to cut back on the protein to help this one out. Uping the amount of water you drink can help prevent future stone formation and yes decreasing protein intake can also help decrease the risk of this.
                    I think it's a bit to early to speculate on this as you might not even have a stone. Since the throbbing came back I would highly recommend that you go get it checked out ASAP if that is possible. They can determine if you have a stone(s) or not. If you have a stone explain your protein intake to the doc and see if he thinks simply incrasing your water intake would be enough to help prevent future stones, b/c it might.

Comment

o man.. i hope to god i never get a kidney stone.. ive heard nothing but horror stories of them..

ie: grown men cry.

Comment

Originally posted by jdiritto
                        o man.. i hope to god i never get a kidney stone.. ive heard nothing but horror stories of them..

ie: grown men cry.
                        yah, it's supposed to be just about the most painful thing one can experience . . . that thought motivates me to drink lotsa water

Comment

yah, it's supposed to be just about the most painful thing one can experience . . . that thought motivates me to drink lotsa water
                          I have a friend at work that has had them off and on for over 2 years. He has passed out from the pain of passing them a few times.

Comment

Working...
                          X