Superset / Drop Set FAQ ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Superset / Drop Set FAQ ?

Do you guys think we should have a Superset / Drop Set FAQ ? With maybe some examples, benefits and stuff ?

Originally posted by pu12en12g
    Do you guys think we should have a Superset / Drop Set FAQ ? With maybe some examples, benefits and stuff ?
    I'd like to see some lower body superset ideas. I always see a lot of upper body supersets all over the place.

As far as Drop Sets, I think those are evil!

Muwhahaha.
    Back to the basics!

Comment

Originally posted by pu12en12g
      Got to love em'! Feel the burn!!!

Comment

yeah... would be good ...i did dropsets for my calves yesterday
        jdouchebag for president

Comment

Sounds like a good idea. I love doing drop sets every few weeks just to get me that extra burn.

Comment

Great idea pu .... I say YES!
            What typos?

Disclaimer: All flirtatious posts under the name of Booty are all in good humor and do not represent the official thoughts of the actual person behind the screen name.

Comment

I can always use more info
              Disclaimer: While I have an M.D. the views I express are not to be taken as medical advice under any circumstances. Please check with your own doctor if you want medical advice as he/she has access to your info and can provide the most accurate advice.

www.pubmed.gov . . . gotta love it

Comment

I vote yes

1 Storm Shadow vote = 1 million votes
                -Supplement Addict-

"You're going to tell me what I want to know, it's just a just a matter of how much you want it to hurt."
                -Jack Bauer

Comment

Why not, Knowledge is power.
                  If you have to cheat to win, why bothering playing..

Comment

ya definitely
                    "Man you keep eatin' those, youre gonna turn INTO a chicken."

Comment

they are almost always used every week for me. especially on shoulders.

Comment

Originally posted by stonecoldtruth
                        I'd like to see some lower body superset ideas.
                        Muwhahaha.

squat + DB lunges

squat + calf raise

calf raises + str bar lunges

calf raises + sled press

leg curl + leg ext

squat + wall squat things (squat to parallel + hold til you cant)
                        calf raise + wall squat things

calf raises + DB Farmer walk (walk around on tip toes holding DB in each hand) ----- Personal fav

DB lunge + DB step ups
                        str bar lunge + str bar step up
                        other db/str bar mixture of those two

i cant think of much more right now.. i do alot of weird stuff with calf raises.. cos I either go extremely heavy on them, to the point i can barely walk after for awhile, or i do like 8sets of 12.. and after 3 i superset it with somethin to save time

heres a good calf circuit... you wont want to do it again if you do it once. i try to get it done once a month..maybe twice if im bold

standing smith calf raise thing (12 reps real heavy, static hold 12 sec on last rep)
                        get heavy DBs and farmer walk longest distance possible
                        go to sled w/ semi decent weight on and do a set of 12 1 legged calf raise (each leg)
                        farmer walk those DBs back to the starting point (or same distance you just did)
                        go back to the smith rack and lower the weight drasticaly and do 1 set of 12 calf raises with toes pointed in, and 1 set of 12 with toes pointed out.

---- repeat 2 more times

this is you beating yourself up for doing it later on in the day

ooo heres a fun one.. i think its called "The Bear"

start with straight bar front squat
                        go down and on the way up push the bar overhead like a clean press
                        bring it down gently on the shoulders and do a regular squat
                        on the way up push overhead again and bring down in front into the front squat in a fluid motion

thats 1 rep

damn i got more coming

uneven squats

1 full set = this for me - doing uneven sets really hits the lower ab area i thinks and targets diff portions of the quad/hamstring and calf sometimes (depending on elevation)

X rep regular squats - usually a few more than the next 2
                        X rep amnt with left foot elevated (on a plate, or box, whatever you want, diff heights = diff variations! get creative/daring)
                        X rep amnt with right foot elevated

Clock Lunges (DB's)
                        get light DBs in each hand
                        lunge N (sttraight ahead)
                        lunge NE
                        lunge E
                        lunge SE
                        longe S
                        lunge SW
                        lunge W
                        lunge NW
                        repeat for X reps

--- fugggggin hard!!

its all about shocking the body... keeping it real ya kno. you dont want to get used to a routine.. a schedule.. or weight amount.. always gotta vary everything.. reps, sets, workouts, angles, timing, rest, etc..
                        you gotta test your limits to be able to exceed your expectations

im not sure but are drop sets like say DB curls - curl 40/35/30/25 no rest between ?
                        Last edited by jiritt0; 06-11-2006, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Here is one tricep exercise I love that does involce some type of drop set

Bech dips:
                          BW x10
                          1 Plate x10 drop to bw x10
                          2 Plate x10 drop to 1 plate x10 dop to BW x10
                          3 plate x10 drop to 2 plate x10 drop to 1 plate x10 drop to 1 plate x10
                          4 plate x10, 3 plate x10, 2 plate x10, 1 plate x10, BW x10
                          Try 5 if you can and so the same

I hav ento done them in a while but I also did drop sets on Cable Triceps press downs, and on lat pull downs.
                          Last edited by ddawg91; 06-11-2006, 04:59 PM.

Comment

worked in some dropsets on my calves yesterday .... sore as today ....

Standing Calf Raise Machine

3 sets (15 x 180, 15 x 120, 15 x 80)

on the last set I was dying trying to push out the last 5 reps @ 80lbs.
                            jdouchebag for president

Comment

Working...
                            X