Sets of 25

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sets of 25

I've been throwing in 1-2 sets of 25 reps at the end of my workouts for my slow-twitch fibers. I find it's also a good way to gorge the muscle with nutrients and blood. Yesterday, I did this:

Chest (flat bench - the king of chest):
    1 set of 12 warmup
    3 sets of 5 work sets
    1 set of 2 heavy ass weight
    2 sets of 12 (dropped the weight)
    1 set of 25 (dropped the weight more)

I feel this way I can hit both the fast and slow twitch muscles in every workout, instead of limiting myself. Although fast twitch are generally thought of as 'strength fibers' and muscle size, I'd like my strength to be well rounded and therefor incorporated the higher reps. It also leaves me with a nice pump!

That looks good. Kind of like when you run the rack to failure and doing DB bi curls with 5's is even hard at the end. God I love that feeling....

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. - Psalm 144:1

As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another - Proverbs 27:17

Current Supps:
    Purple Wraath
    Green Magnitude
    Orange Triad
    White Flood
    Blue Up
    100% ON Classic Whey

Ninety percent of everything is crap.

Theodore Sturgeon
    US science fiction author (1918 - 1985)

Comment

HS football, our strength/conditioning coach was the former sc coach at Pitt U. and a quad A state champ HS.. he would have his leg press 75, 100+ once a week... if you didn't puke after he would make you do more too...that crazy man

we all got big and lean though, the ones that did it at least.

Comment

I definitely agree. I'm a big fan of doing a lighter weight high rep (20-25) at the end of sets. A great way to get an awesome pump. I think I remember seeing an article that throwing in a high rep set at the end of a few heavy sets leads to increased GH release . . .
        Disclaimer: While I have an M.D. the views I express are not to be taken as medical advice under any circumstances. Please check with your own doctor if you want medical advice as he/she has access to your info and can provide the most accurate advice.

www.pubmed.gov . . . gotta love it

Comment

I do something similar for active recovery.. sometimes bodyweight, and sometimes bands.

Comment

Working...
          X