Lifting takes alot out of you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lifting takes alot out of you

I went for about 2 weeks without training because of issues in my personal life. i was staying up later, had more energy, waking up earlier in the morning.

I started training on Thursday, and again on Sunday, and today I'm WIPED. Very sleepy, slightly lethargic, sore.

Lifting takes alot out of you. I thought I'd feel this way after 2 or 3 weeks back into it. I'm surprised I'm this beat up after only 2 sessions. I don't think we realize it as bodybuilders, until we take some time off.

by the way, I was MUCH MUCH stronger when I came back.
    My deadlifts of 250lbs x 2 reps went up to 6 reps multiple sets.

Discuss

Originally posted by RenegadeRows
    I went for about 2 weeks without training because of issues in my personal life. i was staying up later, had more energy, waking up earlier in the morning.

I started training on Thursday, and again on Sunday, and today I'm WIPED. Very sleepy, slightly lethargic, sore.

Lifting takes alot out of you. I thought I'd feel this way after 2 or 3 weeks back into it. I'm surprised I'm this beat up after only 2 sessions. I don't think we realize it as bodybuilders, until we take some time off.

by the way, I was MUCH MUCH stronger when I came back.
    My deadlifts of 250lbs x 2 reps went up to 6 reps multiple sets.

Discuss
    I feel like my life goes to pot when I don't lift, both physically and mentally. My sleep schedule and energy levels go haywire, and my discipline flies out the window. It's a momentum thing for me- it takes a couple of workouts to get going, but once I get going it's mighty tough to stop. That said, when your body says its time to rest, it's time to rest. Sounds to me like that 2-3 week break came at a good time for you, and your body took full advantage of it.
    Wrist wraps fix everything.

Comment

Originally posted by matt24002
      I feel like my life goes to pot when I don't lift, both physically and mentally. My sleep schedule and energy levels go haywire, and my discipline flies out the window. It's a momentum thing for me- it takes a couple of workouts to get going, but once I get going it's mighty tough to stop. That said, when your body says its time to rest, it's time to rest. Sounds to me like that 2-3 week break came at a good time for you, and your body took full advantage of it.
      Good point! I think so too!

Comment

Lifting takes alot out of you???

Nahhh....

Comment

I am the opposite, I get very moody and tired when I do not train. But I do believe a week off every so often is good.

Comment

I have anxiety problems, training helps me work it out. I start having anxiety attacks n' shit when I dont train.

Comment

Originally posted by adrian andras
              I start having anxiety attacks n' shit when I dont train.
              and when you post
              Wrist wraps fix everything.

Comment

Originally posted by matt24002
                and when you post
                Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. - Psalm 144:1

As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another - Proverbs 27:17

Current Supps:
                Purple Wraath
                Green Magnitude
                Orange Triad
                White Flood
                Blue Up
                100% ON Classic Whey

Ninety percent of everything is crap.

Theodore Sturgeon
                US science fiction author (1918 - 1985)

Comment

Strange. LAst time I took a week off from lifting, I felt lazy and just wanted to sit around the apartment all day. when I train, I have a destination, a mission, and a huge flow of endorphins from my 7 PM workout, wearing off just in time for me to crash for the night and do it all over again the next day

Comment

exercise (a physiological stressor) does take alot out of you, but as the body adaptations to the stresses it alters for the better (muscle growth, increased cardiovascular barometers of fitness etc).

You were stronger after a period of rest, because your muscules grow when they are not being stressed. Hence, when people overtrain, they experienced a large decrease in muscular functioning (be it strength or endurance).

There are numerous psycho-physio behavioral changes associated with exercise/physical activity, which all operate differently amongst different individuals. It could really be discussed at an extreme length, from a wide variety of view pounts.

Comment

Working...
                    X