Cutting and bulking phase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cutting and bulking phase

How long should I cut and bulk? I heard I should cut 8 weeks and then bulk a 8 weeks also.

I'm currently at 192 pounds, 5"10 and I would like to drop to about 10-12% of bodyfat, about 18 atm.

I was willing to cut from last week, may 14th to july 14 for a good shape for the summer

Any suggestions are appreciated

I'm not sure about time restraints, I mean the pros "cut" for 16 weeks, so....

I say cut down to where you feel comfortable, but make it healthy. Dont drop too much so fast to where you end up burning muscle. Make a goal, and shoot for 1-2lbs a week, and see where that puts you in terms of time.
    A Gold's Gym puppet - and proud of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Spiritpat
      How long should I cut and bulk? I heard I should cut 8 weeks and then bulk a 8 weeks also.

I'm currently at 192 pounds, 5"10 and I would like to drop to about 10-12% of bodyfat, about 18 atm.

I was willing to cut from last week, may 14th to july 14 for a good shape for the summer

Any suggestions are appreciated
      If you want a real challenge you can learn how to 're-comp'. It's cutting + bulking in a sense. You do not build very much, and you do not lose very much, and the results are slow, but in the end, you end up where you want to be.

Comment

Originally posted by RisingAgainst
        If you want a real challenge you can learn how to 're-comp'. It's cutting + bulking in a sense. You do not build very much, and you do not lose very much, and the results are slow, but in the end, you end up where you want to be.
        I would agree, I have been recomping for about 3 months and do not plan on getting off anytime soon.

Comment

1) More than 8 weeks IMO

2) Big difference between 10% and 12%

Comment

Originally posted by ddawg91
            I would agree, I have been recomping for about 3 months and do not plan on getting off anytime soon.

How do you go about that D?
            Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. - Psalm 144:1

As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another - Proverbs 27:17

Current Supps:
            Purple Wraath
            Green Magnitude
            Orange Triad
            White Flood
            Blue Up
            100% ON Classic Whey

Ninety percent of everything is crap.

Theodore Sturgeon
            US science fiction author (1918 - 1985)

Comment