Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I cant seem to lose the fat, PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I cant seem to lose the fat, PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay yall, I really need help with my diet. I can't seem to lower my bodyfat, because I dont know enough about proper cutting nutrition. I HATE having my BF higher than 10%. im disgusted when I look at myself in the mirror. I'm not 100% sure, but my doctor put me on zoloft a while back I'm thinking that had something to do with my BF going way up. I've quit taking the Zoloft but I'm still having trouble dropping my BF.

I honestly REALLY need help guys!!!

My stats:
    age 19
    5'10"
    200lbs
    16%BF and desperately trying to CUTT!

Current supps:
    GlycerGrow, Lipo-6, Muscle milk, Cellmass (which I plan on replacing with GM or GB next time I go to the Vitamin Shoppe in Tulsa), Animal flex, fish oil, and I take a Centrum Multi before and after my workout.

I cant really afford to go out and buy anymore supps, but if you think there is Something I absolutely should have, that isnt too pricey, let me know.

Current Routine:
    Day 1 - Chest/Tri
    Day 2 - Cardio
    Day 3 - Back and cardio
    Day 4 - Cardio
    Day 5 - Shoulders/Bi
    Day 6 - Legs
    Day 7 - Repeat

Each session is about an hour, maybe a tad longer
    I occasionally go back to the gym a second time later in the day and do a little extra cardio.
    I do my workouts in the Morning, about an hour after my first meal of the day.

Could I PLEASE get some exact examples of the meals I should be eating Pre Work Out, Post workout, and Throughout the day???

Pre Workout: ____________?
    Post Workout: ___________?
    Meal #3:_________________?
    Meal #4: ________________?
    Meal #5:________________?
    Meal #6:_________________?
    Meal #7:________________?
    Pre bed:________________?

I'm working my ass off and i'm still not seeing the fat come off, and its very discouraging , If someone could help me out I would be soooo grateful.

Thanks.

And once again, I apologise for my ignorance.
    Last edited by adrian andras; 04-22-2007, 08:34 PM.

I notice that you didn't mention your calorie intake... start here:

http://controlledlabsforum.com/showthread.php?t=58

Comment

I already read it. I'm not really counting calories right now, I was for a while and it seemed to frustrate me really bad, but I was shooting at 2500 calories, and I'd guess i'm still getting about the same. I'm not sure how many calories I should be taking with my stats though.

Comment

Originally posted by adrian andras
        I already read it. I'm not really counting calories right now, I was for a while and it seemed to frustrate me really bad, but I was shooting at 2500 calories, and I'd guess i'm still getting about the same. I'm not sure how many calories I should be taking with my stats though.
        Ok, you've identified the problem

Start here:
        http://controlledlabsforum.com/showthread.php?t=1426

Comment

fullness factor chart links dont work

Comment

Seriously man, work with the people here.

If you want to drop fat, you really need to start checking your intakes of calories and in the extremes, macro nutrients (protein, carbs, fats).

How many meals are you eatting daily? How many calories do you estimate working off at the gym.

I'm your height, and was 215 when I started back to the gym. You'll have to reduce calories below 2500. Aim closer to 2000. Add in more cardio as well. Eat foods that are higher in protein and lower in carbs, but doesn't have to be a "low-carb diet". Just kind of equal the two out. That's worked for me, along with a protein shake after w/o and before bed to help metabolism. I'm 180 since starting in October '06. Not fast, but it stays off. I've got 10 to go before my goal, then rebulking proper. If you take time and be smart about your intakes, losing fat/weight isn't terribly hard.
            Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. - Psalm 144:1

As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another - Proverbs 27:17

Current Supps:
            Purple Wraath
            Green Magnitude
            Orange Triad
            White Flood
            Blue Up
            100% ON Classic Whey

Ninety percent of everything is crap.

Theodore Sturgeon
            US science fiction author (1918 - 1985)

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan
              Seriously man, work with the people here.
              I know dude, I really do. I dont know how much of my post you read, but I'm off my fucking meds man

I'm trying

Comment

as PT already said, youve already identified the problem. you MUST count calories and macros if you want to progress.

something else to consider is the INTENSITY of your workouts, the rep scheme you are employing, and the amount of weight being used.

also, what are you doing for cardio, how much, how hard, for how long?

all things you need to consider

Comment

"Many people are not aware that weight gain is one of the most common side effects associated with many antidepressants prescribed today. In fact, medications such as Fluoxetine (Prozac®) and Buproprion HCL (Wellbutrin®) have actually been marketed for obesity treatment.

Antidepressants can affect weight in several ways:

They may increase or decrease basal metabolic rate without changing caloric intake.
                  They may affect hormonal changes and increase appetite.
                  Unexpected weight gain can increase the difficulties associated with psychiatric and seizure disorders by further aggravating mood instability and low self-esteem.

The following paragraphs contain brief descriptions of several classes of psychotropic and seizure disorder medications."
                  - http://www.netnutritionist.com/fa12.htm

i suggest you research what others in your position have done to combat this:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...nd+weight+gain

Comment

Originally posted by jaymdubbs
                    as PT already said, youve already identified the problem. you MUST count calories and macros if you want to progress.
                    How do I know the amount of cals and macros I need?

something else to consider is the INTENSITY of your workouts, the rep scheme you are employing, and the amount of weight being used.
                    I usually do moderately high weight, on average doing 6-12 reps. My workouts feel great to me I keep my intensity very very high, I only slow down when I think I'm about to puke. Really man, I tear it up in the gym.

also, what are you doing for cardio, how much, how hard, for how long?
                    An average cardio day:
                    5 minutes walking, 2.7 mph to 3.2 mph
                    25-30 minutes on the eleptical(sp?) machine, heart rate at 145-170
                    5 minutes walking, 2.7 mph to 3.2 mph

I would do more, but after a while on the eleptical, the balls of my feet start getting really tingly/numb. I'm going to start doing more cycling here soon, as it doesnt put your bodyweight on your feet, but this is the routine I've been doing.

I sometimes Go back to the gym a second time on a weight training day and do this routine as well.

Thanks.

Comment

for cals and macros, there are a ton of calculators out there, http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/calculators.htm go there and have at it.

the key to successful fatloss is nutrition, nutrition, and nutrition. PT has given you the link to all the info you will ever need. PT sent me that link a long time ago when i was a newb.

i suggest for cardio trying some HIIT training (high intensity interval training) and use the search button because theres so many ways to employ this in your workouts, youll have to find what works best for you.

Comment

for cals and macros, there are a ton of calculators out there, http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/calculators.htm go there and have at it.

the key to successful fatloss is nutrition, nutrition, and nutrition. PT has given you the link to all the info you will ever need. PT sent me that link a long time ago when i was a newb.

i suggest for cardio trying some HIIT training (high intensity interval training) and use the search button because theres so many ways to employ this in your workouts, youll have to find what works best for you.
                        Thanks, I'm investagting these links...

Comment

So according to these calculators, at 5'10", 200 lbs, and 16% BF, my intake should be...

On Training Days:
                          2475 Calories
                          200g Protein
                          260g Carbs
                          60g Fat

Non-Training Days
                          2080 Calories
                          160 Protein
                          180g Carbs
                          60g Fat

Does that sound about right?

ps, I REALLY appreciate the help guys!

Comment

Originally posted by adrian andras
                            So according to these calculators, at 5'10", 200 lbs, and 16% BF, my intake should be...

On Training Days:
                            2475 Calories
                            200g Protein
                            260g Carbs
                            60g Fat

Non-Training Days
                            2080 Calories
                            160 Protein
                            180g Carbs
                            60g Fat

Does that sound about right?

ps, I REALLY appreciate the help guys!

On a cut? Seems like quite a high amount of carbs. Quite a low amount of fat too
                            Failure is only a word. I don't plan on giving it meaning

Comment

Originally posted by malky
                              On a cut? Seems like quite a high amount of carbs. Quite a low amount of fat too
                              Well I really have no idea what I should be taking in (the newbness), and thats what some of the lil macro-calculators told me. feel free to drop me any advice

Comment

Working...
                              X