Rear delts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear delts.

Which exercises do you use that gets the best results for your rear delts and do you work them on back or shoulder day? Thanks.
    Do or do not. There is no try!

I have worked them either day and it really does not matter, sometimes I train them on both. Face pulls, rear flys either on a pec deck or incline bench with DB/Cables or bent over.

Hanging cleans, and power cleans also work real well.

Comment

I believe behind the neck presses hit them

Comment

Originally posted by adrian andras
        I believe behind the neck presses hit them
        Not a wise exercise to do, especially if you use full range of motion. Puts too much stress on the shoulder and can lead to injuries.

Comment

Originally posted by ddawg91
          Not a wise exercise to do, especially if you use full range of motion. Puts too much stress on the shoulder and can lead to injuries.
          Why? I thought it was safe so long as you dont lower the bar further than the middle of the back of your head?

Comment

HTat is ok, but you also need to do light weight and higher reps. Too much strain on the antior head of the delt/ rotator cuff.

Comment

Originally posted by ddawg91
              I havent seen alot of bodybuilders these days that anymore seems going out of syle and/or injuries doing I used to see my older brother do it was a kid back in early 90s so I copied them until I did them to the front later in life.

Comment

I really like the reverse flyes on the pec deck... I also do something similar to this (using bands):

Comment

Originally posted by pu12en12g
                  I really like the reverse flyes on the pec deck... I also do something similar to this (using bands):

I love that one. I do a tri set where I do front raises, side lats on the cables, then rear flyes just like that. Talk about burn!

Comment

Why? I thought it was safe so long as you dont lower the bar further than the middle of the back of your head?
                    The motion to start with puts your shoulders in too much of a retracted position and can easily lead to torn rotator cuffs, pulled pec muscles, strained muscles in the neck or your erector spinae. Also, since it's a military press, it wouldn't put as much focus on the rear delts anyways. You'd still be incorporating your anterior and lateral delts before you'd even get the posterior.
                    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. - Psalm 144:1

As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another - Proverbs 27:17

Current Supps:
                    Purple Wraath
                    Green Magnitude
                    Orange Triad
                    White Flood
                    Blue Up
                    100% ON Classic Whey

Ninety percent of everything is crap.

Theodore Sturgeon
                    US science fiction author (1918 - 1985)

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan
                      The motion to start with puts your shoulders in too much of a retracted position and can easily lead to torn rotator cuffs, pulled pec muscles, strained muscles in the neck or your erector spinae. Also, since it's a military press, it wouldn't put as much focus on the rear delts anyways. You'd still be incorporating your anterior and lateral delts before you'd even get the posterior.
                      I hear stuff like that alot, but I know dudes in the gym who've been doing that excercise for 30 years with no problems.

The excercise really good to me, I havent ever felt the slightest pain (besides ya know, the good pain) or discomfort while doing this excercise, so I feel safe with it.

Yeah I'm not stupid, I know its not an isolated rear delt excercise, but I believe they do get a lil bit of workout with this excercise.

You seem much more knowledgable then me, in most all divisions of body building, but i'm just stating from my experience.

Comment

Originally posted by pu12en12g
                        I did this for the first time today, it felt awsome, definately going to be including this with every shoulder workout.

Comment

I hear stuff like that alot, but I know dudes in the gym who've been doing that excercise for 30 years with no problems.

The excercise really good to me, I havent ever felt the slightest pain (besides ya know, the good pain) or discomfort while doing this excercise, so I feel safe with it.

Yeah I'm not stupid, I know its not an isolated rear delt excercise, but I believe they do get a lil bit of workout with this excercise.

You seem much more knowledgable then me, in most all divisions of body building, but i'm just stating from my experience.
                          Not trying to be more knowledgable, but trying to remain safe and injury free. There are guys that have done alot for 30 years, doesn't make it right and doesn't make it wrong. Ignorance in the place of knowledge does.
                          Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. - Psalm 144:1

As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another - Proverbs 27:17

Current Supps:
                          Purple Wraath
                          Green Magnitude
                          Orange Triad
                          White Flood
                          Blue Up
                          100% ON Classic Whey

Ninety percent of everything is crap.

Theodore Sturgeon
                          US science fiction author (1918 - 1985)

Comment

Not trying to be more knowledgable, but trying to remain safe and injury free. There are guys that have done alot for 30 years, doesn't make it right and doesn't make it wrong. Ignorance in the place of knowledge does.
                            I agree, I learned this the hardway and then watching a video and the stress it puts on the shoulder was enough to convince me. I worked physical thereapy for a year and went over many different aspects of lifting with them and they in turn helped me better understand the effects not only on the muscle but joints as well.

There is a reason many have stopped that and behind the neck pull downs, safety is always priority.

Comment

There are guys that have done alot for 30 years, doesn't make it right and doesn't make it wrong. Ignorance in the place of knowledge does.
                              ^^^^

Exactly.. you can play in traffic and get away with it... another awesome post.

Comment

Working...
                              X