BCAA and Insulin Response at Night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BCAA and Insulin Response at Night

I use both PW and Xtend throughout the day. The PW mainly just pre and during workout but I sip Xtend from morning until night. I just read an article that says BCAA's at night could increase fat storage due the insulin response they have. I'm wondering how true this is and if I should stop drinking Xtend and PW before the PM?

I sipped Xtend througout the day for several weeks (an entire XF cycle) and never experienced any fat gain ... can you link the article?
    jdouchebag for president

Comment

Originally posted by strester
      I sipped Xtend througout the day for several weeks (an entire XF cycle) and never experienced any fat gain ... can you link the article?
      I'd like to see that too. Never heard BCAA's causing that but could be....
      Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. - Psalm 144:1

As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another - Proverbs 27:17

Current Supps:
      Purple Wraath
      Green Magnitude
      Orange Triad
      White Flood
      Blue Up
      100% ON Classic Whey

Ninety percent of everything is crap.

Theodore Sturgeon
      US science fiction author (1918 - 1985)

Comment

BCAAs cause an Insulin response (actually > than Glucose). However, it is only an initial response as compared to a continuous output until bloodsugar is normalized (or to low ) I believe they work on a different pathway than Glucose/Carbs but I may be mistaken.

I asked these questions on BB.com a while ago, I'll see if I can dig up the answers.
        "Stimulate, don't Annihilate." - Lee Haney

Comment

Working...
        X