Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Front Page News - Controlled Labs Floods 19 Y/O Canadian Male...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front Page News - Controlled Labs Floods 19 Y/O Canadian Male...

White Flood? is a cutting edge preworkout formula that will rev you up for lifting and cardio like none other. Not only will you experience out of this world pumps, but tons of extra energy and true muscle building potential. That muscle building potential comes from the addition of compounds usually not seen in preworkout formulas of the past. We have also included potent anti-oxidants to scavenge any free radicals normally elicited by Nitric Oxide inducing ingredients. It's time to FLOOD YOUR SYSTEM.... with the most advanced preworkout Nitric Oxide and Energy Enhancer available; White Flood?!

Key Attributes:
    • Fast absorbing and fast acting
    • Synergy, strength and stamina
    • Endurance and extreme pumps
    • Nutrient delivery and recovery
    • Carb Free
    • Ephedra / Ephedrine Free
    • Stimulate neurons
    • Enhanced creatine utilization

For more detailed information, please visit (shift + click) http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=1634291

• Introduction:
    First and foremost, I would like to that all of the staff at Controlled Labs for giving me this opportunity. I am probably one of the last to get started on this log being that I am across the pond in Canada, and have been extremely excited to get started, especially given the response from the other testers thus far. Without any further delay, lets get started!

• My Stats:
    • Height: 5'8
    • Weight: 182
    • BF%: ~14
    • Goal: bulk to 195 by May 1, 2007

• Supplement History:
    My first ever supplement experience was just over a year ago, using ProLab's Creatine Monohydrate powder. Results were minimal, but noticeable. It was around this time that the next generation creatine's began emerging, as was the emergence of the Controlled Lab's line of products. People were raving over their company, so I decided to pick up a bottle White Blood and Green Bulge from here at the Bodybuilding.com store. After a shipping time of over a month, I finally got my products and began the stack. While to be honest, was in somewhat of a newbie stage of lifting, I do not exact remember the results other then that I was pleased with the products. It was around this time that I began to take weightlifting very seriously, and was looking to purchase more creatine and NO products. Unfortunately, my local supplement stores didn't yet carry the CL line of products, so I decided to give the BSN stack a shot (NO Xplode, Cell Mass, Nitrix). While they recieve a lot of negativity on the forums, mostly by people who have never used the products or rave because of relatively high prices, I was very satisfied with the results of this stack - to say the least. I followed their recommended dosing and timing protocol exactly, which is what I think most people fail to do with their line of products and hense unsatisfactory results. Anyhow, I was so pleased with their products that I have been cycling them on and off ever since (over four plus consecutive cycles). In fact, I only stopped using their products three weeks ago, at which point I planned to switch back to the CL line of products to compare my results. Coincidentally, White Flood was released and I was given the opportunity to add this to my stack.

I have also taken ZMA, and currently supplement with a multivitamin (Animal Pak), fish oil (various brands), protein powder (ON Whey and Casein) and CLA (AllMax). I will be stacking White Flood with Green MAG, Glycer Grow and Purple Wraath. These will also be commented on upon the conclusion of this log.

• Training Routine:
    • Monday: chest
    • Tuesday: back
    • Wednesday: shoulders
    • Thursday: chest
    • Friday: arms
    • Saturday: legs
    • Sunday: off

I am currently doing no specific cardiovascular training. Specific exercises will be listed in detail on a daily basis, as one specific training day may vary from day to day.

• Conclusion of Introduction:
    For anyone reading this log, I strongly recommend reading my supplement history as this is the basis for my opinion on these products. Now to release the flood gates! I want to make it clear that I am approaching this log with 100% honesty, and do not intend to gloat the product if it is not exactly what I am making it out to be. I am very optimistic, so you can be assured that when I say this product kicks ass, it REALLY kicks ass!

Comment

Awesome intro / detail

Comment

Initial Impression (13/03/07):

I started with my first dose at 1.5 scoops. Thirty minutes before leaving to the gym, I drank a bottle of Green Mag combined with GlycerGrow. When I arrived at the gym, I began drinking my White Flood, and within five to ten minutes began noticing the effects mentioned below. I had my Purple Wraath pre-prepared and sipped on it throughout my workout. This routine seemed to be very effective, and unless a problem arises, will be doing this throughout my log.

• Taste: 6/10
        Now before anyone freaks out, I am going to be experimenting with the ratio's of water to powder to try and achieve a better taste, as this could very well be the reason that the taste was unappealing to me. For interests sake, I added one and a half scoops to approximately 500 mL of water, which was warm by the time I drank it. To describe the taste, it almost was similar to vodka and lemonade, with too much vodka. Look for updates on this on future days.

• Mixability: 10/10
        With a few shakes of the water bottle, it was all seemingly dissolved. Upon completion of the drink, there was no visible solute at the bottom of the bottle.

• Pump: -/10
        I do not feel comfortable giving a number value here for a few reasons. Firstly, it was my first day so one cannot expect a whole lot as far as pumps go, and second I have not once experienced a pump on my back. With that said, I did have a pump doing deadlifts in my lower back.

• Effectiveness (Energy + Alertness): 10/10
        I wanted to save the best for last, so make sure you read my comments below on endurance. I will say that I was feeling fairly tired just prior to going to the gym. Within minutes of taking the product during my stretching, I was no longer feeling any sense of being tired, and was very alert. This effect is very similar to what I had liked about NO Xplode. I am saving all of my extra comments for below, and in the future will be combining these two sub headings.

• Effectiveness (Endurance + Concentration): 10/10
        I want to apologize as I know there might be some minors viewing this website, but holy @#$^ing $#!%. Seriously. For starters, I definitely feel the euphoria that had been previously mentioned. If I had to describe it, it was VERY similar to the happy feeling when you just finish smoking some weed, and look up to realize that you are very high, or at the point of drinking where you realize that you are starting to get a buzz. At least the feeling that I used to get. I started my workout with deadlifts, and immediately wanted to jump in to them. I felt like a wild animal attacking the weights. Upon completion of a set, it literally felt like I was ready to go again, and needed no time for recovery between sets. Any time I did take a few seconds in between sets was because I knew that while it may not feel like it, I should be taking a slight pause! This lasted throughout the entirety of my workout. I was a machine! Where it normally takes me an hour and a half for my complete back workout, I must have been done in under fourty-five minutes. For comparisons sake, when I took NO Xplode it alleviated any feeling of fatigue much like I mentioned above with White Flood, and while I did not directly feel an increase in energy, it did allow me to workout for longer periods of time with an elevated sense of concentration then if I were to be working out without it. This, with White Flood, was on a whole other level of energy... Let's see if it continues throughout the cycle.

• Additional Comments
        I found that my grip for various exercises (deadlifts, lat pulldowns, close grip bent-over rows, etc) was weaker then I would have expected it to be. This could very well be completely unrelated to this product, as I did feel very tired and fatigued before hitting the gym due to a lack of sleep the night before. I will comment further on this with my shrugs today, and next Tuesday's back workout. The only other comment was that I was drinking a LOAD of water. I think I filled my 500 mL bottle up five times (if not four) on top of my bottle of Purple Wraath. What would you expect when you are exerting the kind of energy that this product allowed me to do, though? I also thought that it was producing a significant thermogenic effect, until I noticed other people commenting that the gym was very warm, and others fanning themselves with various items. It must have been all the energy I was emitting . I will comment further on this as time progresses.

• Overall: 9/10
        While it very well does deserve a ten based on my first days result, I am hesitant to do so. If the effect is still the same today, it will definitely be a ten. I also want to negate anything that wasn't related to the White Flood, based on it's consistency. I do not personally include the taste factor in this particular rating, as if a product is doing what I want it to do I personally wouldn't care if it tasted like cow manure. Stay tuned for yesterdays exercise breakdown!

• Starting Measurements:
        • Forearms: 12.5 inches
        • Arms: 15.5 inches
        • Chest: 42 inches
        • Waist: 32 inches
        • Quads: 21.5 inches
        • Calves: 16 inches

I wont be updating these measurements until the conclusion of this log, to get an overall more dramatic change in numbers, at least I hope. These were all taken in the morning, with no pump.
        Last edited by GeeNo; 03-14-2007, 03:47 PM.

Comment

Tuesday - Back (13/03/07):

A few comments to make here. I mentioned above that my grip felt very poor for this workout - with deadlifts, in my last two sets I had a few more reps in me easily, but my grip was failing and had to stop the sets. The same is true for bent over rows (I had a few more reps for 185), lever bent over rows (with a barbell - I had a few more reps for 225), and front cable pulldowns (I could have used a heavier weight). Nonetheless, I still got a great workout. I also want to mention that while the weight may seem light to some, I do not swing at all (e.g. for bent-over rows and front cable pulldowns) and maintain perfect form. Try doing bent over rows perfectly, touching your chest for each rep, without swinging and if you weren't doing it this way previously I guarantee you will be doing less weight. Same goes for front cable pulldowns.

1. Straight Leg Deadlift [ 5 Sets ]

15x135 | 12x185 | 10x225 | 6x275 | 6x225 |
          --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          2. Bent-over Row [ 4 Sets ]

12x165 | 8x185 | 8x185 | 10x165 |
          --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          3. Front Pulldown (cable) [ 3 Sets ]

12x185 | 10x185 | 8x185 |
          4. Lever Bent-over Row (barbell) [ 4 Sets ]

12x180 | 10x205 | 6x225 | 12x180 |
          5. Straight Arm Pulldown (cable) [ 3 Sets ]

12x80 | 10x80 | 8x80 |

Being my first day, see above for product comments. In the future, such comments will be in place here. I also did three sets of modified cable pulldowns, but do not know what to call it. I do pulldowns with the bar shown here: http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/...SeatedRow.html.
          Last edited by GeeNo; 03-14-2007, 12:58 PM.

Comment

Wednesday - Shoulders (14/03/07):
            blue - warm up set
            orange - working set
            red - drop set (from previous working set)

1. Dumbell Shoulder Press [ 3 Sets ]

15x45 | 12x80 | 10x90 | 8x90 |
            2. Dumbell Rear Lateral Raise [ 3 Sets ]

12x40 | 8x25 | 10x40 | 8x25 | 8x40 | 6x25 |
            3. Face Pulls (cable) [ 3 Sets ]

12x140 | 10x140 | 8x140 |
            4. One Arm Lateral Raise (cable) [ 3 Sets ]

12x30 | 10x30 | 8x30 |
            5. Shrugs [ 3 Sets ]

12x270 | 10x320 | 8x360 | 8x270 | 10x180 |

I normally have another one or two exercises in here, but my workout partner (and drive home) had to leave. Now for the ratings - unfortunately, the results at least in comparison to yesterday are going to be a bit skewed.

Todays Impression (13/03/07):

Strangely enough, my White Flood didn't come with a dosing scoop. With that said, yesterday I used the Green MAG scoop based on the presumption that because the serving sizes in mass were relatively the same, that the volumes would be the same. I consulting with PT and he suggested a more accurate measurement where two scoops using the GlycerGrow cup would equal one scoops of White Flood. To get a better idea of what dosing would be adequate for me, I took a single scoop (two GlycerGrow scoops) of White Flood to start off today. From this point on, "one scoop" is presumed to be two scoops using the GlycerGrow cup.

• Taste: 6/10
            Once again I used 500 mL of water with one scoop of White Flood. Admittingly, the taste was not as bad today and was tolerable. Whether or not it is because today's dose was smaller then yesterdays, we will find out tomorrow during my chest workout. For the aforementioned reason, I am keeping the same taste rating for today.

Once again, the solution mixed entirely with absolutely no visible solute left at the bottom of the bottle. For interests sake, I fill the bottle approximately half way with water, place a scoop of white flood, fill the bottle and shake vigorously. Although I do not think this is necessary, it sits for a few minutes for the car ride to the gym. Once I am up to my full dose, I am going to stop commenting on mixability as one can presume it will be the same from day to day, with a constant amount of solute and solvent (e.g. water).

• Pump: -/10
            I do not feel comfortable giving a number value here for a the reasons stated yesterday. Firstly, it was my second day so one cannot expect a whole lot as far as pumps go, and second I have not once experienced a pump on my shoulders.

Once again, it took me quite a while to fall asleep last night. With that said, the overall quality of sleep was decreased and again was feeling drowsy and fatigued on the way to the gym. Once again, approximately five minutes after taking White Flood I was ready to get started!

• Effectiveness (Endurance + Concentration): 8/10
            Yesterday's dose was probably closer to being a full dose, which is why I am assuming the effects were more pronounced. I supposed I am giving in an eight in comparison to the results it yield yesterday. I did not have the initial euphoric feeling, but think that there was a very good reason for that. Being that today was the first day that I was officially jumping up to 90 lbs dumbells on shoulder press, I was very excited to get started. As I was preparing for my first set - immediately after drinking White Flood - which I performed with 80 lbs dumbells, some jackass when in front of me deciding it was a good place to do his bicep curls. I moved the bench over, got myself mentally prepared again, and the moron jumped in front of me once more! This continued throughout all of my sets until my final one where I finally said something to him. Being that I need to see myself in the mirror when pushing myself to do heavy weights, this was obviously pissing me off and would negate any sense of euphoria that might have been present.

• Additional Comments
            My grip was intact today with shrugs, so I assume that my problems yesterday were solely from being tired. I will comment on this for the next few logs that require me to have some form of grip (e.g. back day) at which point presuming the absence of any side effects I will cease mentioning it. Other then not being able to sleep, there were no other negative side effects to note. I do not know if it is related to the White Flood as I was definitely tired, but we will see as time progresses.

• Overall: 8/10
            There was way too many variables changed within the first two days of using this product, so I can not specifically correlate certain aspects directly to White Flood. It definitely did what it was supposed to do with a half dose, so I expect this value to jump tomorrow when I take 3/4 of the dose. Once again, any form of a significant pump was not present, keeping in mind it is only my second day on the product and that I normally do not experience a huge pump in my shoulders. Stay tuned!
            Last edited by GeeNo; 03-15-2007, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Thursday- Chest (15/03/07):
              orange - working set
              (beige) - total reps including those with very little assistance

1. Incline Barbell Press [ 4 Sets ]

12x185 | 9(10)x205 | 4(5)x225 | 6x195 |

2. Flat Dumbell Press [ 4 Sets ]

12x80 | 10x90 | 5(6)x100 | 6x85 |
              3. Incline Dumbell Flies [ 3 Sets ]

12x70 | 10x70 | 8x70 |
              4. Decline Barbell Press [ 3 Sets ]

9x185 | 10x145 | 8x145 |
              5. Kneeing Cable Crossovers [ 3 Sets ]

12x140 | 10x140 | 8x140 |

I don't normally do decline barbell press, but I was waiting for the cable's and didn't feel like standing around - I had too much energy at the hands of White Flood to be waisting time.

Todays Impression (13/03/07):

I used the full dose of two scoops today. No additional comments other then what is mentioned below.

• Taste: 7/10
              Today, I started with both scoops in just 500 mL of water - the same amount as used previously with double the dose of White Flood. The taste that I didn't like initially did not seem to be any stronger when the amount of powder was doubled in the same amount of water. With that said, I drank half the bottle and then filled it up with water again, and the taste is definitely much improved this way.

I wont be commenting on this any further. I mixed two scoops of White Flood in 500 mL of water and it was completely dissolved almost instantly.

• Pump: 7/10
              Well it seems as if the pumps might be starting to kick in here. While I could not feel an extreme pump, it was definitely visible!

Once again, approximately five minutes after taking White Flood I was ready to get started! I was alert and ready to put a beating into the iron.

• Effectiveness (Endurance + Concentration): 8/10
              The endurance continued on to this chest workout. I actually was finding myself quite annoyed at my partner who seemed to want to talk more then often while I was ready and waiting to dive in to the weights!

• Additional Comments
              I might change around the rating system now after a few days, to start including vascularity and other changes, and maybe removing some of the repetitive sub-headings unless deemed necessary on that particular day. Once again, the extreme intensity that I felt on the first day of use was not necessarily felt equally today. I think this may have something to do with my timing after eating. It was after about an hour and a half since eating that I took my White Flood on the first day, and closer to fourty-five minutes for the past two. I am going to experiment with this, and let you know how it goes. There were several other similar variables that today and yesterday held that my first day did not hold, such as poor sleep, so once again I will work on pin pointing everything.

• Overall: 8/10
              I am going to keep it at an eight again. Tomorrow is arms, so I should DEFINITELY be able to judge the pumps at this point in the game accurately then.

Comment

I just realized that for my shoulder and chest days, with dumbell exercises, I have put entering per arm values in pounds. I don't know if that is the 'proper' way to do it, so I thought I would make a note. So for example, with dumbell shoulder press I was doing 90 lbs per arm for a total of 180 lbs, and with flat dumbell press I was doing 100 lbs per arm for a total of 200 lbs. Just thought I would clear that up...

Comment

Friday- Arms (16/03/07):
                  orange - working set
                  (beige) - total reps including those with very little assistance

1. Close Grip Bench Press [ 4 Sets ]

12x165 | 6x185 | 9(10)x185 | 10x165 |
                  2. One Arm Preacher Curl [ 4 Sets ]

6x50 | 8x50 | 8x50 | 10x45 |
                  3. Lever Triceps Dips [ 3 Sets ]

12x230 | 10x230 | 8x230 |
                  4. Incline Hammer Curl [ 3 Sets ]

12x35 | 10x35 | 8x35 |
                  5. Cable Bent-Over Triceps Extension [ 3 Sets ]

12x70 | 10x70 | 8x70 |
                  6. Cable Curls [ 3 Sets ]

12x170 | 10x170 | 8x170 |
                  7. Cable Pushdowns [ 3 Sets ]

12x70 | 10x70 | 8x70 |

My preacher curls were a bit off today, as I didn't warm up and the exercise as a whole was off.

Todays Impression (16/03/07):

I used the full dose of two scoops today. I got shafted by my workout partner who ended up telling me right before we were supposed to leave that he wouldn't be going today, so by the time I had reached the gym it was over three hours since I ate. Thank god for White Flood...

I am going to keep this at a seven. I have started to mix two scoops in one liter of water, and it is a lot easier to drink and the lemonade flavor is more apparant.

• Pump: 9/10
                  I do not want to give it a ten yet because I know it only is going to get better from here, but WHOOOOIEEE! I was SURE my arms were going to pop on the preacher curls...

I was probably the closest today then I have been for a while to missing a day at the gym. I was pissed off that my friend ditched me (as he was my ride there), extremely tired, and hungry now that it had been hours since I last ate. I did not want to have another meal, as it would probably interfere with my supplements as well as my daily calories (if I were to eat another sufficient pre-workout meal). With that said, and to no suprise, five minutes or so after drinking my White Flood I was good to go. I will admit though, that I was really wanting to get out of there by the end of my workout, but it was a miracle in itself that I even went today!

• Effectiveness (Endurance + Concentration): 9/10
                  Not really fair to the product, but as mentioned above I was really wanting to get home by the last few exercises in my routine today. Again, I am greatful that I got the energy to do ANYTHING, nevermind an entire routine. I even set a personal record in the amount of reps with 185 pounds on the close grip bench press (nine unassisted).

• Additional Comments
                  I decided that I will leave the rating the same for the remainder of the week, and throw in a few others come Monday. Nothing else to comment on.

I can say pretty confidently that without the White Flood, I would have wanted to leave after the second exercise...
                  Last edited by GeeNo; 03-19-2007, 03:46 PM.

Comment

Saturday - Legs (17/03/07):
                    orange - working set

1. Barbell Squat (Past Parallel) [ 4 Sets ]

15x135 | 12x185 | 10x225 | 6x275 |
                    2. Leg Press [ 4 Sets ]

12x540 | 10x630 | 8x720 |
                    3. Leg Extensions [ 3 Sets ]

12x160 | 10x160 | 8x160 |

Todays Impression (17/03/07):

I used the full dose of two scoops today. I had to cut my workout short, as I left a little late and was running late in order to get to work on time later. I also have to at this point, shamefully admit that I only started to workout out legs less then a month ago. I know, I should be ashamed of myself...

I am going to keep this at a seven. I have started to mix two scoops in one liter of water, and it is a lot easier to drink and the lemonade flavor is more apparant.

• Pump: 9/10
                    Let's just say that I couldn't fathom the severity of pain that I would experience the next day...

To get a proper leg workout, a high intensity of energy and alertness is a must. White Flood did not have any problems delivering here...

• Effectiveness (Endurance + Concentration): 10/10
                    It really brought out the inner beast in me, as I groaned like Godzilla pushing some serious weight on the leg press in particular.

• Additional Comments
                    Nothing really, other then to state again that I had to cut my workout short in order to get to work on time. With that said, I was in so much pain that I really don't know how much more I would have been able to do... I also wanted to state that for squats, I go past parallel close to ATG and use the full range of motion for leg press and leg extensions.

Being relatively new to the leg scene, I do not know that I would have been able to push myself to the limits that I did without White Flood today. RRRAAAAWWRR! Can't wait for next Saturday...

Comment

Any updates ?

Comment

Damn, what happened?? Our friendly neighborhood canuck left up out here fast. Oh, forgot, Stanley Cup playoffs plus Ottawa playing = Canada shuts down completely.

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. - Psalm 144:1

As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another - Proverbs 27:17

Current Supps:
                        Purple Wraath
                        Green Magnitude
                        Orange Triad
                        White Flood
                        Blue Up
                        100% ON Classic Whey

Ninety percent of everything is crap.

Theodore Sturgeon
                        US science fiction author (1918 - 1985)

Comment

Working...