Burgs Race Against Genetics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burgs Race Against Genetics

Right, i've just bought the GG/GB/WB stack and it arrived this morning (as well as my free bb.com t-shirt ). My goals for this stack is mainly for athletic purposes. I've been offered a scholorship to play rugby in Swansea university (Its a Welsh uni) and i just want to get in good shape for this really. I want to add some explosion, size, speed and strength (I will need alot of strength because i am about 100lbs undersized when comparing me to others in my position). Since i live in Wales, everything i do is in KG so i will be converting to lbs which is why some of my stats will be freaky numbers.

These are my current stats aswell as the usual big 3 lifts:

Height: 5'8" and a half
    Weight: 176lbs
    Bench Press: 209lbs x6
    Squats: 110lbs x 9 (I've only just started doing squats)
    Dead Lifts (i only do SL): 154lbs x8

I really need to increase leg strength as you can see.

I'm going to try and go to the gym tomorow but my car bust today so it could be difficult getting there.

P.S. I was really shocked by how you guys managed to get s many pills into such little containers, i expected bloody great things like BSN sell, nice work.

Oh, and these will be the only supps. im going to take for the time being, i will try and get some whey along the line but that will have to wait for the time being.
    Your opponent can only win if you allow them too

Originally posted by burg
    Dead Lifts (i only do SL): 154lbs x8
    why not conventional deadlifts to help with some of the explosive power you are looking to gain?
    check this out: http://www.controlledlabsforum.com/showthread.php?t=199

Oh, and these will be the only supps. im going to take for the time being, i will try and get some whey along the line but that will have to wait for the time being.
    so all protein will be from whole foods?
    jdouchebag for president

Comment

Originally posted by strester
      why not conventional deadlifts to help with some of the explosive power you are looking to gain?
      check this out: http://www.controlledlabsforum.com/showthread.php?t=199

so all protein will be from whole foods?

I remember reading somewhere, and my coaches have told me, that to gain good explosion/power train your hamstrings, lower back and calfs. Also i can never get the technique right for standard DL .

Ye all my protein will be coming from foods. Pretty much every day im eating chicken and steaks and fish so this should hold up for a while until i get some whey.

Comment

OK, my first experience with the stack.
        I gotta say that i wasn't really in the gym mood today because i was tired and in a rush so i only eat half a bowl of oats pre gym. As a result my lifts did suffer to start with.

Chest:
        Benchpress 2x7 198lbs
        Benchpress 1x6 209lbs
        Incine Dumbell Press 3x8 57lbs
        Wide Elbow Dips 3x12

Biceps:
        Preacher Curls 2x10 31lbs
        Preacher Curls 1x8 35lbs
        Hammer Curls 3x8 35lbs
        Barbell Curls 3x8 66lbs

I didnt really have time to do anything else, ideally i would have done some traps work

Notes: Going into the gym i didnt really feel any different t normal and this was the same throughout my entire benchpress. After i stood up and moved away from the bench, i felt my pecs fill and an intense pump took over. From here i had really high levels of energy and all my lifts were feeling ALOT easier. I NEVER get a pump in my chest so this felt really good and an already very encouraging start to the stack. My biceps pump is crazy, i can barely move my arms, this made driving home without powersteering very hard :P

After Note: Not keen on the consumption of the GG. I did what all you guys recomended and just piled it straight into my mouth, felt quite weird.

Comment

GG is almost an aquired taste, first few times I didnt like it either, but after a few weeks you'll get used to it
          A Gold's Gym puppet - and proud of it.

Comment

'might look into a good multi too homie.

Comment

Great start !

Comment

Trained my Delts, Hams and lower back today. Wasnt expecting much of an effect because except for my lower back, i dont usually get a pump in these places.

Delts:
                Dumbell shoulder Press 3x7 53lbs
                Reverse Flies 3x10 22lbs
                Front lateral Raises 22lbs
                Side lateral Raises 22lbs

LowerBack/Hamstrings:
                SL DL 3x7 180lbs (Had alot of energy so i thought i would immediately raise weight)
                Single Leg Curls 3x8 55lbs
                Have-A-Nice-Days 3x10 66lbs

Notes: Woke up with a slight head-ache today, not sure why 'cos i was drinking one hell of alot of water yesterday. I took my supps with a greater deal of time pre-gym to see if the delayed energy boost i had yesterday was because i didnt leave enough time. Did the same thing, only started to feel the enrgy and pump after my first exercise. I'm going to have 15 mins on the rower next time to see if this stimulates the supps. I was pleasently suprised by the supps again. I had good pumps in every body part trained, they werent as great as pumps as yesterday but they were still quite considerable none the less.

Im having a rest day tomorow and on Friday i will be training my quads, tris, traps and a bit of of ab work.

I might go for a run later.

Comment

I had good pumps in every body part trained, they werent as great as pumps as yesterday but they were still quite considerable none the less.
                  are you gradually working up the dosage of GG?
                  jdouchebag for president

Comment

Originally posted by strester
                    are you gradually working up the dosage of GG?
                    Well i havent increased the dosage from my first workout to the second, i was going to wait until tomorow to increase dosage

Comment

Sounding very solid so far !!

Comment

Quads:
                        Squats 3x8 110lbs
                        Single Leg, Leg press 3x8 88lbs

Triceps:
                        Superset - Skull Crushers, Close grip BP 3x8 (of each exercise and done with NO rest between)
                        Dips 3x15

Abs/Traps:
                        Crunches 3x12 44lbs
                        Shrugs 3x12 44lbs

Notes: I had 1500m on the rower today and this really got my legs pumping before i hit the weights. The pump in my quads was extraordinary, by the second set of squats i could barely walk nevermind complete the 3rd set. My triceps also got a huge pump, i felt like i had alot more energy today, i felt like i could have used more weight on pretty much every exercise. Oh well, i will next time.

Comment

Quads:
                          Squats 3x8 110lbs
                          Single Leg, Leg press 3x8 88lbs

Triceps:
                          Superset - Skull Crushers, Close grip BP 3x8 (of each exercise and done with NO rest between)
                          Dips 3x15

Abs/Traps:
                          Crunches 3x12 44lbs
                          Shrugs 3x12 44lbs

Notes: I had 1500m on the rower today and this really got my legs pumping before i hit the weights. The pump in my quads was extraordinary, by the second set of squats i could barely walk nevermind complete the 3rd set. My triceps also got a huge pump, i felt like i had alot more energy today, i felt like i could have used more weight on pretty much every exercise. Oh well, i will next time.
                          Nice !

Comment

Originally posted by pu12en12g
                            Nice !
                            Thanks, hopefully i can get my leg strenth up quite considerably on this stack

Just realised i didnt put my weight used on the tri's superset, it was 66lbs

Comment

Sorry guys didnt work out at all this weekend, had an all day drinkin session on Saturday to watch all of the rugby and i had to go work today. Im going to try to go tomorow but i got loads of coursewrok i have to do so it could be tough finding time.

Comment

Working...
                              X