Supplement help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supplement help needed

I need some suggestions for supplements that can help with MMC (mind-muscle connections). Lately I just can't seem feel the muscle working like I want. Currently I am taking YN and I maybe feel a little with that but not like everyone else claims. Maybe it just doesn’t work as well with me, I don’t know. I have been thinking of adding some caffeine pills to my current supplements to see if that helps. Do you guys have any other suggestions?

Current Stats:
    Height: 6ft 0in
    Weight: 205
    Body Fat %: Don’t really know, but since I’m training for mass right now, I would guess 15%-20%

Train with weights 4 days a week
    Current Split:
    Day 1: Abs, Chest, Bi’s
    Day 2: Legs, Calves
    Day 3: Abs, Back
    Day 4: Rest
    Day 5: Calves, Delts, Tri’s
    Day 6: Rest
    Day 7: Rest
    Note: will sometimes switch day 3 and day 4 around depending on how I feel.

Current Supplements:
    GM 1 scoop + 1 scoop GG 1 hr. pre workout
    PW 1.5 scoop + 2 scoops GG 15 min pre workout
    GG taken with GM and PW
    YN 1 pill taken 30 min pre workout and 2 pills taken with PW and GG 15 min pre workout
    SG 1 pill taken with lunch and 1 pill taken with dinner
    Now Adam Multi 3 taken daily, 1 with breakfast, lunch, and dinner
    Dymatize whey 1 scoop mixed with oatmeal for breakfast
    Universal Real Gains 1 shake taken post workout
    All of us learn to write in the second grade. Most of us go on to greater things. - Bobby Knight
    Everyone has a photographic memory. Some don't have film.

Sounds workout related and not supp-related.

What are you doing for warmup sets ?

Comment

Warmup sets? What are those? J/J!

My current warm up routines:
      All wo days with weights begin with 5-7 min of treadmill work to get blood flowing.
      Chest: 3-4 sets of light to moderate weight incline bench (since incline bench is my first exercise). I never go to failure on warmups.
      Bi’s: 2-3 sets of body weight pull ups not to failure, usually 8- 10 reps
      Legs: usually a few extra minuets on treadmill and then 3-4 sets of light to moderate weight squats followed by a heavy acclimation set of squats ( usually 20 lbs lighter than my heavy set) to allow my back to get ready for heaver weights.
      Back: 2-3 sets of body weight pull ups not to failure.
      Delts: rotator cuff exercises plus light to moderate free weight military presses
      Tri’s: 2 sets of light and moderate single hand overhead dumbbell press not to failure. 1 set of moderate weight press downs.

I usually take my time when warming up because of a shoulder injury about 10 years ago due to insufficient warming up and complete disregard for the rotator cuff muscles. I learned my leasson the first time around. Injuries suck!

I should note that I tried some samples of the supplement NO3 overload by CMI. Using that supplement I did feel a pretty good MMC but because of the huge amounts of caffiene I felt really jittery and kind of nauseous. So I'm kind of on the fence about that supplement, but that is why YN appealed to me so much because it does not contain caffiene.
      All of us learn to write in the second grade. Most of us go on to greater things. - Bobby Knight
      Everyone has a photographic memory. Some don't have film.

Comment

Originally posted by testmonster2000
        Warmup sets? What are those? J/J!

My current warm up routines:
        All wo days with weights begin with 5-7 min of treadmill work to get blood flowing.
        Chest: 3-4 sets of light to moderate weight incline bench (since incline bench is my first exercise). I never go to failure on warmups.
        Bi’s: 2-3 sets of body weight pull ups not to failure, usually 8- 10 reps
        Legs: usually a few extra minuets on treadmill and then 3-4 sets of light to moderate weight squats followed by a heavy acclimation set of squats ( usually 20 lbs lighter than my heavy set) to allow my back to get ready for heaver weights.
        Back: 2-3 sets of body weight pull ups not to failure.
        Delts: rotator cuff exercises plus light to moderate free weight military presses
        Tri’s: 2 sets of light and moderate single hand overhead dumbbell press not to failure. 1 set of moderate weight press downs.

I usually take my time when warming up because of a shoulder injury about 10 years ago due to insufficient warming up and complete disregard for the rotator cuff muscles. I learned my leasson the first time around. Injuries suck!

I should note that I tried some samples of the supplement NO3 overload by CMI. Using that supplement I did feel a pretty good MMC but because of the huge amounts of caffiene I felt really jittery and kind of nauseous. So I'm kind of on the fence about that supplement, but that is why YN appealed to me so much because it does not contain caffiene.
        Doesn't sound like you are really lifting hard enough to "feel" it much. However, a few suggestions at what you can try...

1. Say for bi's, you are doing curls, do 1 arm, and touch the bicep with your other hand to FEEL the contraction.
        2. It's vain, but stare at the muscle, even in the mirror and WATCH it work, mentally think about it getting bigger.
        3. Super sets, giant sets, etc to target the muscle more.

I'm sure some will agree and disagree but that's what works for me. Others will of course have suggestions too. I don't think caffeine would be your problem. You said nitric oxide worked abit, so you could see if you could add WB in the stack perhaps in place of a dose of GG, or even AFTER the w/o? But you should already be getting good pumps and that should help with MMC. One last thing, and will sound stupid, is when you're at home or work or whereever, THINK about the muscle, try to just flex it (like bi's or pec's). Yeah, I know, it sounds strange but it's just a suggestion. Good luck!

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. - Psalm 144:1

As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another - Proverbs 27:17

Current Supps:
        Purple Wraath
        Green Magnitude
        Orange Triad
        White Flood
        Blue Up
        100% ON Classic Whey

Ninety percent of everything is crap.

Theodore Sturgeon
        US science fiction author (1918 - 1985)

Comment

When I first started lifting I didn't get much MMC. I was just "lifting the weight"

Wow... whole new world now, and it's not really supplement related (they certainly help).

Comment

Working...
          X