Fight training

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fight training

i want to up my fighting ability and endurance ....
    what drillls or routine do u recomend ...

i got mma glove
    weighted boxing gloves
    150lbs supper heavy bag

i need core fighting exercises and drills

thanks
    5'11"
    230lbs hard

it really depends on which pertinent skill you are trying to train as it relates to training.. There are many skills at play here:

balance
    speed
    strength
    power
    awareness
    instinct
    flexibility
    endurance.

just to name a few.
    www.elitefitsystems.com

Now with CL and all your other favorites

Comment

My advice is to find a gym and get a professional teacher. The last resort is to buy boxing & muay thai videos/books and build your own routines to practice on a heavy bag.

Comment

Originally posted by RenegadeRows
        My advice is to find a gym and get a professional teacher. The last resort is to buy boxing & muay thai videos/books and build your own routines to practice on a heavy bag.
        Former UFC middleweight champ Rich Franklin did that. Like Aries said though, what's your goal. What disciplines or styles? Alot of that needs to be decided before a workout can be recommended.

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. - Psalm 144:1

As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another - Proverbs 27:17

Current Supps:
        Purple Wraath
        Green Magnitude
        Orange Triad
        White Flood
        Blue Up
        100% ON Classic Whey

Ninety percent of everything is crap.

Theodore Sturgeon
        US science fiction author (1918 - 1985)

Comment

Everyone here is correct. There are so many facets to training. Also, are you training just to be a street fighter? MMA fighter? while you could pretty much train the same way for both however. Is weight training, skill, plyometric and cardio training? Narrow your goals so we can help you out more.

Comment

i wanna up endurance .and speed... practice combos and knees and kicks...grabbling .... i gonna go to a gym to sparr with my friends .... and wrestle at home ... i have bas rutten take downs tape........ im keeping my weight lifting routine
            5'11"
            230lbs hard

Comment

Originally posted by Krueger
              i wanna up endurance .and speed... practice combos and knees and kicks...grabbling .... i gonna go to a gym to sparr with my friends .... and wrestle at home ... i have bas rutten take downs tape........ im keeping my weight lifting routine

Not alot to work with on that summary but here goes:
              Obviously you need both aerobic and anerobic training for endurance as well as short term bursts of max effort.
              As far as kicks/combos/etc - muscle specific training.
              (ie. Punches, work chest and tris. Knees - work hip flexors and gluts, etc)
              I think Bas talks some of workouts and such, as he is a highly regarded fighter and now trainer. Wish you would post more specifically what you are looking for as it would help. Good luck.
              Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. - Psalm 144:1

Current Supps:
              Purple Wraath
              Green Magnitude
              Orange Triad
              White Flood
              Blue Up
              100% ON Classic Whey

Theodore Sturgeon

Comment

"If you want to get better at pressing, than press!"

Same thing goes for fight training.

"If you want to get better at punching, than punch!"

Comment

wow, this thead was abandonded

it astounds me how everyone wants to do everything in regards to fight training. as spartan said, i wish he would have been more specific.

Comment

Originally posted by jaymdubbs

it astounds me how everyone wants to do everything in regards to fight training. as spartan said, i wish he would have been more specific.
                    Some people just dont think there is a science to fighting, that you can just go out and swing and roll around on the ground and you've got a ground game. Too bad some people dont look at it seriously.

Current Supps:
                    Purple Wraath
                    Green Magnitude
                    Orange Triad
                    White Flood
                    Blue Up
                    100% ON Classic Whey

Theodore Sturgeon

Comment

Originally posted by jaymdubbs

I ran into the same thing at the gym where I was asked for advice on how to be a runner, and I just started blankly at the gym. I think that people need to learn that each and every type of sport/activity has different types of specialities and areas to excel in. Finally after some questions we narrowed down that he wanted to train towards running a full mile. Needless to say now that he has accomplished that his goals have grown and changed, but it takes those specifics to best direct someone's course.

SCT
                      Back to the basics!

Comment

Working...
                      X