I have been taking the following CL products for six weeks:

Red Acid (original formula)
    Green Bulge
    White Blood
    Purple Wraath
    GlycerGrow
    Blue-Up

I take these products as follows:

Red Acid – Two in the morning – two at noon – two after workout.
    Green Bulge – Five caps, 45 minutes prior to workout. Three on non-workout days.
    White Blood – Three caps, 45 minutes prior to workout and on non-workout days.
    Blue-up – Two caps, 45 minutes prior to workout and on non-workout days.
    Purple Wraath – One scoop, 45 minutes prior to workout, 1 scoop in water consumed during workout. Two scoops on non-workout days.
    GlycerGrow – Three scoops, 45 minutes prior to workout, 1 scoop in water consumed during workout.

I also take a few handfuls of vitamins, minerals, aminos, and herbs every day; including Lysine, NAC, glutathione, Tyrosine, CLA and others.

Protein intake is around 300g, using Isopure Low Carb Powder (chocolate), supplemented with Beverly International Ultra-40 (Liver), and On 2222 Amino’s, as well as meat – got to have meat.

About me: I am 52 years old, very active outdoors in the summer, and in the gym in the winter. I am also about 40 pounds overweight despite my activity level. But, my BP is always 110/70 or lower, and the doc says I am in good shape despite the excess blubber, so I just continue along, though I really want to eliminate the 40 pounds of flub.

I decided to write this review after not seeing reviews from anyone my age (though I didn’t search every post and may have missed such a post). It seems that in all of the gyms I have been a member of, at least ˝ of the male population is my age, or greater. But it also seems that most supplement manufactures cater to the younger set, or maybe the younger folks are more prone to posting. I wonder about this because I would think that these supplements would be of more benefit to us older folks who need some additional help at times. Then again, maybe it’s just me.

Anyway, on to my review.

Overall: Since taking these products, I have found that my workouts have improved dramatically. I have much more energy and strength, and have increased my lifting capacity more in the past six weeks then in the past six months. Recovery is also faster, and I have added an additional day (now 5 weight sessions and two anaerobic sessions per week – no days off) to my workout program. The one negative effect is that it seems that I am able to increase my weights/reps, but sometimes my body is not quite ready for the additional stress – this resulted in a bicep injury. However, I think that the CL products helped me work through the pain and continue working out as I healed.

Of importance: Since taking CL products, my biceps have increased three-quarters of an inch –in six weeks! Though this could be because of the GlycerGrow, who cares – it looks and feels great.

Specific Products:

GlycerGrow took a bit of time for me to accept. At first it only seemed to bloat me (and that I don’t need). I quit taking it for two weeks, but decided to try it again. Now things are fine and it is working as I expect, without the bloating. I think I was taking it at the wrong time, as in too close to my workout time – 45 minutes out, as described above, seems to be perfect.

Red Acid – I take this even though I am not sure if it has any effect regarding weight loss. No other product, and I have taken them all, has been effective in weight loss, so I do not fault Red Acid. If I want to loose weight, the only way is by drastic caloric deficiency and excessive aerobics. I continue to take Red Acid as it helps my alertness in the morning.

Blue-Up – OK, I do not want to get too graphic, however: While I have never had any problems with the libido, I am 52 and things do change. It took two weeks for Blue-Up to kick in, but once it did the effects were quite interesting. Just like when I was in my 20’s, almost any event, such as a breeze blowing, a stray thought, sheep bleating in the distance, females on the treadmill, or just about anything else will have a positive effect on a certain body part. Those certain entertaining dreams come ( ) with a frequency that reminds me of when I was 15, and are quite entertaining. Let’s just say that my wife is finding the effects of Blue-Up interesting, but is not complaining - yet. Also, I have a lot more energy in the gym. (You know, I could say more,. But, so as to not get banned, I will refrain. Let's just say this is a great product!)

Final note: Over the past 10 or more years of taking various products, I have been disappointed with almost every one. There were a few exceptions, but very few. I usually try a product and never purchase it again because there is no effect on my workouts, body, or attitude. The Controlled Lab products described are a rare exception. I am happy with every one of the products and will continue to purchase them, and I am looking forward to trying Yellow nEuphoria.

Awesome review!!!

Its great to hear from an older (expierenced) lifter on the effects of the products. I'm stoked that you were able to find a line of products and find the benefits as most of us have. Good luck to your new found youthness!

*oh, and its pretty tough to get banned, so almost all content is allowed!
    A Gold's Gym puppet - and proud of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sacrifice
      I have been taking the following CL products for six weeks:

Red Acid (original formula)
      Green Bulge
      White Blood
      Purple Wraath
      GlycerGrow
      Blue-Up

I take these products as follows:

Red Acid – Two in the morning – two at noon – two after workout.
      Green Bulge – Five caps, 45 minutes prior to workout. Three on non-workout days.
      White Blood – Three caps, 45 minutes prior to workout and on non-workout days.
      Blue-up – Two caps, 45 minutes prior to workout and on non-workout days.
      Purple Wraath – One scoop, 45 minutes prior to workout, 1 scoop in water consumed during workout. Two scoops on non-workout days.
      GlycerGrow – Three scoops, 45 minutes prior to workout, 1 scoop in water consumed during workout.

I also take a few handfuls of vitamins, minerals, aminos, and herbs every day; including Lysine, NAC, glutathione, Tyrosine, CLA and others.

Protein intake is around 300g, using Isopure Low Carb Powder (chocolate), supplemented with Beverly International Ultra-40 (Liver), and On 2222 Amino’s, as well as meat – got to have meat.

About me: I am 52 years old, very active outdoors in the summer, and in the gym in the winter. I am also about 40 pounds overweight despite my activity level. But, my BP is always 110/70 or lower, and the doc says I am in good shape despite the excess blubber, so I just continue along, though I really want to eliminate the 40 pounds of flub.

I decided to write this review after not seeing reviews from anyone my age (though I didn’t search every post and may have missed such a post). It seems that in all of the gyms I have been a member of, at least ˝ of the male population is my age, or greater. But it also seems that most supplement manufactures cater to the younger set, or maybe the younger folks are more prone to posting. I wonder about this because I would think that these supplements would be of more benefit to us older folks who need some additional help at times. Then again, maybe it’s just me.

Anyway, on to my review.

Overall: Since taking these products, I have found that my workouts have improved dramatically. I have much more energy and strength, and have increased my lifting capacity more in the past six weeks then in the past six months. Recovery is also faster, and I have added an additional day (now 5 weight sessions and two anaerobic sessions per week – no days off) to my workout program. The one negative effect is that it seems that I am able to increase my weights/reps, but sometimes my body is not quite ready for the additional stress – this resulted in a bicep injury. However, I think that the CL products helped me work through the pain and continue working out as I healed.

Of importance: Since taking CL products, my biceps have increased three-quarters of an inch –in six weeks! Though this could be because of the GlycerGrow, who cares – it looks and feels great.

Specific Products:

GlycerGrow took a bit of time for me to accept. At first it only seemed to bloat me (and that I don’t need). I quit taking it for two weeks, but decided to try it again. Now things are fine and it is working as I expect, without the bloating. I think I was taking it at the wrong time, as in too close to my workout time – 45 minutes out, as described above, seems to be perfect.

Red Acid – I take this even though I am not sure if it has any effect regarding weight loss. No other product, and I have taken them all, has been effective in weight loss, so I do not fault Red Acid. If I want to loose weight, the only way is by drastic caloric deficiency and excessive aerobics. I continue to take Red Acid as it helps my alertness in the morning.

Blue-Up – OK, I do not want to get too graphic, however: While I have never had any problems with the libido, I am 52 and things do change. It took two weeks for Blue-Up to kick in, but once it did the effects were quite interesting. Just like when I was in my 20’s, almost any event, such as a breeze blowing, a stray thought, sheep bleating in the distance, females on the treadmill, or just about anything else will have a positive effect on a certain body part. Those certain entertaining dreams come ( ) with a frequency that reminds me of when I was 15, and are quite entertaining. Let’s just say that my wife is finding the effects of Blue-Up interesting, but is not complaining - yet. Also, I have a lot more energy in the gym. (You know, I could say more,. But, so as to not get banned, I will refrain. Let's just say this is a great product!)

Final note: Over the past 10 or more years of taking various products, I have been disappointed with almost every one. There were a few exceptions, but very few. I usually try a product and never purchase it again because there is no effect on my workouts, body, or attitude. The Controlled Lab products described are a rare exception. I am happy with every one of the products and will continue to purchase them, and I am looking forward to trying Yellow nEuphoria.
      Incredible... thanks for choosing Controlled Labs, welcome to the forum, and please keep us updated on your progress !

Comment

Great review and welcome to the board, glad to see that it worked out so well for you. We have nto received any feedback from much over the 20s crowd so again thank you.

Comment

Also.. are you using the original Blue UP, or the Stim Free version (yellow stripe across the top) ?

Comment

Great review!
            Supplements.net Board Rep

Quality, Supplements at Great Prices.

Comment

Great Post!!!, Its Nice To See Someone A Little Older Respond To Supps!..im Sold I Will Start My Stack Soon (must Finish What I Have First)....im 42 , They Told Me" Life Begins At 40" So Here Wee Go!!!!!!!!!!!:::

Comment

Originally posted by pu12en12g
                Also.. are you using the original Blue UP, or the Stim Free version (yellow stripe across the top) ?
                I am using the Stim Free version, though I may try the stim version next time.

Originally posted by RRT
                They Told Me" Life Begins At 40" So Here Wee Go!!!!!!!!!!!:::
                That statement is so true. Now that my kids are gone (one in college and one in the military), life is amazingly relaxing. We enjoyed raising our kids, but now we have our life and our time to ourselves to do absolutely anything we want - no responsibilities except to ourselves. We, of course, are still here to help our kids and are concerned with what they do and need. However, our primary focus is on ourselves. Life after 40 (or 50 in our case) is great , so enjoy your "old age".

Comment

Originally posted by Sacrifice
                  I am using the Stim Free version, though I may try the stim version next time.

That statement is so true. Now that my kids are gone (one in college and one in the military), life is amazingly relaxing. We enjoyed raising our kids, but now we have our life and our time to ourselves to do absolutely anything we want - no responsibilities except to ourselves. We, of course, are still here to help our kids and are concerned with what they do and need. However, our primary focus is on ourselves. Life after 40 (or 50 in our case) is great , so enjoy your "old age".

Awesome mindset !! I hope you stick around the forum !!

Comment

Any updates on your progress ?

Comment

Working...
                    X