Polenta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polenta

went shopping a few months back and was told to buysome Polenta by my mother, forgot to drop it off to her, so i had a bit of a read of the ingredient profile.

per 125gm serve

protein - 10.1 grams
    Fat - total 2.5, sat .4g
    carbs - 86.1 gram, sugar 0.8 grams

ingredients: polenta (maize)

was the cheapest stuff i seen in a while and looked great for post workout carbs (assuming maize is high gi)

taste very bland, and has the consistency of mashed potato's

anyone ever tried it?

a recipe http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=recipe&dbid=39
    Last edited by Da Main Man; 05-26-2006, 04:37 AM.

no one?

Comment

I was a little curious as well.. it seems healthy enough. And it looks like it’d go good with a lot of different meals. Too chicken to try it out though. *shrugs*

I’ll buy some today if you promise to try it too. lol

Comment

Originally posted by browndustin
        I was a little curious as well.. it seems healthy enough. And it looks like it’d go good with a lot of different meals. Too chicken to try it out though. *shrugs*

I’ll buy some today if you promise to try it too. lol
        im on my 3rd bag of the stuff...

verrrry bland, ok if ya mix a bit of parmassen cheese in with it.

Comment

I have family in Italy and they used to make polenta all the time, with rabbit stew.
          Did you buy it already made in a tube or the add water type ?
          I love polenta
          Jay

Comment

Ohh... all right, well I'll buy some tomorrow after work in that case lol.

Oddly enough it sounds like something I'd like... Jay, what kind of other meals do you eat polenta with? High protein meals with some sort of lean animal flesh like chicken or fish. I need to get creative.

Comment

My parents make it with a chicken stew over here since we don't have fresh rabbit (which I won't eat anyway). They do put an Italian sausage loaded with fat in the stew, but I just don't eat. In fact, I have some in my fridge right now.
              Jay

Comment

Originally posted by JayLS1-327
                I have family in Italy and they used to make polenta all the time, with rabbit stew.
                Did you buy it already made in a tube or the add water type ?
                I love polenta
                i buy the bags of powder, boil 125grams (2 serves) in a pot of boiling water, keep stirring till it thickens and add pepper and a lil parmessan cheese and eat that with my post workout shake...

Comment

Working...
                X