Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ~~~ Julie's Fruit Punch White Flood Review ~~~

]

(Look Mom! My White Flood and it's scoop had a baby!! )

~Julie

Currently Taking:
    - CL's WF, BG, GB, PW, GGs, OT, OX

My CL 2010 Log: http://controlledlabsforum.com/showt...283#post124283

Initial review/impressions....

First, I just want to say that I will be reviewing the new Fruit Punch taste for the most part because there are tons of reviews on the effectiveness of White Flood. I will compare all 3 WF flavors, as well as how it mixes with both Green Mag flavors (Lemonade and Sour Apple). Also, I really liked Ninjazn's grading scale, so I stole it and put my own flair to it! lol

Profile:
    10/10

There isnt much that can be said about the profile that everyone doesn't know. It's got the perfect cocktail of ingredients for energy, focus, pump, and endurance. I like the new idea of 1 scoop being a serving because I know a lot of people that are stim sensitive and it's just right for them. Then those like me can still use 2 scoops if necessary.

Smell/Appearance:
    10/10

As soon as you open the tub, you get a rush of smell that is like Bubblicious. I love the fruity, fresh smell... makes you want to drink it right up! Not much to say about the appearance, just a white powder like all the other WF flavors. It's certainly looks better than OxiMega!

Mixability/Consistency:
    10/10

I mixed 2 scoops in 16oz of water in a shaker. A few shakes and it mixed up with the powder evenly distributed, no clumps or residual powder. The consistency is thin like water and has no texture to it or anything.

Taste:
    9.5/10

The initial taste test was Fruit Punch on it's own in 16oz of water (as mentioned above). I had high expectations because Fruit Punch is usually my flavor of choice when it comes to drinks, so I hoped that wouldn't leave me disappointed. I must say I was not, this tastes very much like fruit punch. I want to mess with the amount of water to adjust the strength of flavor and "tart'ness" (I guess that's the best way to describe it, lol). In the following days, I will taste test it with both flavors of Green Mag (Lemonade and Sour Apple). This is really important to me as I like mixing the two together preworkout and rarely drink WF on it's own.

To compare the different WF flavors (on their own), I would rank them like this:
    #1 Fruit Punch
    #2 White Raz
    #3 Electric Lemonade

Effectiveness:
    9.5/10

Just as I expected, you get the same results with this flavor. There is a definite increase in clean energy, focus, pump, and endurance. My favorite thing about WF is how it kicks up your intensity level. Unlike other preworkouts, this does not cause any jitters, stomach problems, etc. My only very small complaint is that the effectiveness does go down about 3-4 weeks into a tub. However, it's probably 100% all me because I am a self admitted stim junkie. lol

Price:
    10/10

It's hard to do the exact math since bb.com hasn't posted this to the store yet... so I will base it on the pricing from other stores for now. For 20 servings, it will be about $14.75. That's about $1.48 per 2 scoops or $0.74 per 1 scoop. For 50 servings, it's about $26.99. That would make it $1.08 per 2 scoops or $0.54 per 1 scoop. For 100 servings, it's about $39.99. That's $0.80 per 2 scoops or $0.40 per 1 scoop. All of that is before the 10% coupon, so it would be a little less with that. This gives a very wide variety of servings/pricing, making it affordable based on your own price range. I particularly like the 20 serving size for those that either want to try a flavor or 10-20 days worth of trying WF in general.

Overall:
    10/10

Great profile, taste, price, and effectiveness... what more could you ask for in a preworkout suppliment.

** Big thanks to the CL guys! More coming on this soon... Will be reviewing/logging in my 2010 Log too: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=121412571
    ~Julie

Currently Taking:

Comment

Sweet!!
      laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

4/26/10

Taste: (in SOUR APPLE GREEN MAG)
        9.5/10

I mixed 2 scoops Fruit Punch WF with 1 scoop Sour Apple GM in 20oz of water. I must say I didn't know what to expect with these 2 flavors. But I'm happy to say FP is just as good with SA GM as it is alone. This is KEY for me, it gives me the option to have it alone (when I'm taking GB) or with GM. Excellent!

To compare the different WF flavors with Sour Apple GM, I would rank them like this:
        #1 Fruit Punch/Sour Apple
        #2 Electric Lemonade/Sour Apple
        #3 White Raz/Sour Apple

Tomorrow I will try Fruit Punch with Lemonade GM...
        ~Julie

Currently Taking:

Comment

i really want to take a break from everything except protein powders and creatine (besides staples)
          but now i really..really want to try the new flavor...

damn you cl! you make the best products that always leave me broke and happy...

Comment

**giggles**
            laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

Hot Review!

Comment

Originally posted by breathemetal View Post
                i really want to take a break from everything except protein powders and creatine (besides staples)
                but now i really..really want to try the new flavor...

damn you cl! you make the best products that always leave me broke and happy...
                Decisions decisions... lol I'll be taking a break from stims once I finish my baby tub! lol

Originally posted by Anaconda View Post
                Hot Review!
                Thanks!
                ~Julie

Currently Taking:

Comment

4/28/09

Taste: (with ELECTRIC LEMONADE GREEN MAG)
                  9/10

My friend finally brought me in a scoop of Lemonade GM to try with Fruit Punch WF... lol I mixed 2 scoops WF with 1 scoop GM in 20oz of water. I def. prefer Fruit Punch with Sour Apple, but this still tastes good. So, I can give Fruit Punch 2 thumbs up with Sour Apple and Lemonade GM... as well as solo.

To compare the different WF flavors with GM flavors, I would rank them like this:
                  #1 Fruit Punch/Sour Apple
                  #2 Electric Lemonade/Sour Apple
                  #3 Fruit Punch/Electric Lemonade
                  #4 Electric Lemonade/Electric Lemonade
                  #5 White Raz/Sour Apple
                  ~Julie

Currently Taking:

Comment

WF FRUIT PUNCH FINAL REVIEW

Fruit Punch was everything I expected from all my other WF flavors. It exceeded my expectations in flavor, however. This is now my favorite. The best part is that it tastes great on it's own and with either flavor of GM. To me that = WIN! I've already placed an order for a tub.

I see that CL now has free samples of Fruit Punch: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=124438631. I highly recommend this, but if you have any doubts the sample should convince you. You also have the option of getting the 20 serving tub for less than $15 to try it out. Plus, the girl in me loves the mini tub size. I will keep it and refill it for travel purposes. I've used it the last few weekends and its nice and small to go into checked bags. Now if only I could get a WF/GM tub that size...
                    ~Julie

Currently Taking:

Comment

Working...
                    X