X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ~~ OxiMega Review ~~

Initial review/impressions....

Profile:
    Fish Oil = 10/10 - High Potency EPA/DHA, quality fish source (being anchovy, sardines and mackerel), enteric coated, heavy metal & toxin free, vitamin E fortified, and 2 caps a day = WIN! For a bonus they are citrus flavored.
    Greens = 10/10 - Greens + Antioxidant/Cardiovascular/Enzyme/Probiotic support, what more could you ask for in a profile. Not to mention, the sources look great and very specific to my lifestyle needs. Another plus being no artificial sweeteners, flavors or colors.

Smell:
    Fish Oil = 8/10 - Hard to get much of a smell out of these, there's a hint of something but I can't put my finger on it. But... I don't really want to smell my fish oil caps.
    Greens = 7/10 - Not much of a noticeable smell when you open the tub, there is a slight smell of spearmint

Appearance:
    Fish Oil = 10/10 - These are slightly smaller than my other fish oil caps, which is good because I can take 2 at once (even though I'll probably split these 1 in the a.m. and 1 in the p.m.).
    Greens = 3/10 - Ok, I so cannot lie... this stuff looks really suspect. Looks like dry dirt, lol. When you add it to the water, it becomes a brownish color with a hint of green. Muddy water appearance pretty much. Doesn't seem to be something you'd look at and say mmm that looks good, lol. That being said, I understand the colors in the greens probably mix to make this color and is unavoidable.

Mixability:
    Greens = 9/10 - I put this in 4oz of water and it only took a few swirls with a spoon to mix it up. A shaker wouldn't be required. When you are done, there is a slight residue on the sides of the glass, but I don't really see this as a problem. No clumps though.

Consistency:
    Greens = 10/10 - It's very thin, basically the same consistency as water. There is no grainy texture to it or anything either.

Taste:
    Fish Oil = 7/10 - Didn't really "taste" any citrus... or anything for that matter. To be quite honest, I don't really want to taste anything with fish oil, but a hint of citrus wouldn't be bad. I may have to revisit this the next time I take them - but this time nothing.
    Greens = 9.5/10 - I mixed in 5oz of water, but intend to try it in my ON Choc. Mint 100% Gold Standard at some point. For a greens product, this is about as good as it gets and by far the best out of what I have tried in the past. It taste somewhere between my toothpaste/mouthwash/fluoride they use to clean teeth, which I don't find this to be a bad thing at all. Very clean and fresh tasting, it even leaves a spearmint smell to your breath afterwards. No nasty after taste left on your tongue either.

Longevity:
    10/10 - This is the type of supplements that I would stay on 365 days a year and not need to cycle.

Price:
    10/10 - $34.15/kit (at bb.com with the 10% coupon) for a 2 month supply, that makes it $17/mo... You CANNOT beat that for both quality fish oil and greens.

Overall:
    10/10 - This will easily be a staple to stack along with Orange Triad. The OT/OxiMega combo is the best gift you could give your body imo. As with the other CL products I'm taking, I think they certainly deliver on quality yet again.

** Big thanks to the CL guys! More coming on this soon... Will be reviewing/logging in my 2010 Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=121412571
    ~Julie

Currently Taking:
    - CL's WF, BG, GB, PW, GGs, OT, OX

My CL 2010 Log: http://controlledlabsforum.com/showt...283#post124283

Some pics...

~Julie

Currently Taking:

Comment

Nice review I share the exact same thoughts
      Gonna try Oxi in my ON later

Comment

We have those glasses too.
        laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

I find it a bit too strong in less than 6oz. 8oz is perfect for me

Comment

Originally posted by bull.dogz View Post
            We have those glasses too.
            lol I have the short ones and the tall ones.

Originally posted by breathemetal View Post
            I find it a bit too strong in less than 6oz. 8oz is perfect for me
            For me there isn't much difference between 5oz and 8oz, I've tried with more or less water. Lot of experimenting to do here, lol.
            ~Julie

Currently Taking:

Comment

Awesome detail !

Comment

wow, this stuff looks really really scary

I don't always drink beer with my supplements, but when I do, I prefer Dos Equis.
                Stay thirsty, my friends.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Bc0WjTT0Ps

Comment

Julie,

Great review! Thanks for taking the time to put that up in such detail.
                  I've had several "greens" supplements (and "reds" and "berries" type supps, too) and can definitely say most of them leave something to be desired in terms of what they look like or feel like (gritty/sandy) or taste like...

That's awesome that the Orange OxiMega has a bit of a mint taste to it... it probably mixes well with a bunch of other things... try it in your oatmeal and tell us... never mind, don't do that!

This is definitely on my list to pick up. I've been researching several products in this area and will probably be picking the kit up sometime in the near future when I get some supp $$$ together. I'm really focused on the health aspects of things right now and it's great to see CL offering some great products!

I'm in the process of getting my "vacation/summer prep" log together and the diet component is going to be interesting. (Watch for some Golden Gains in there... I might start on Green Bulge near the end of the 90-day throwdown as well depending on how things are going...)
                  I'd love to incorporate this into the log at some point - you'd better not sell out before I get my pennies saved!

Comment

Originally posted by Midnight_Lifter View Post
                    That's awesome that the Orange OxiMega has a bit of a mint taste to it...
                    Tastes better than Iced Tea.... SERIOUS

Comment

Originally posted by pu12en12g View Post
                      Awesome detail !
                      Thanks!

Originally posted by force View Post
                      wow, this stuff looks really really scary
                      Yeah the look is like ehhhh... but the taste is really good. You'll get over the appearance for sure.
                      ~Julie

Currently Taking:

Comment

Originally posted by Midnight_Lifter View Post
                        Julie,

Great review! Thanks for taking the time to put that up in such detail.
                        I've had several "greens" supplements (and "reds" and "berries" type supps, too) and can definitely say most of them leave something to be desired in terms of what they look like or feel like (gritty/sandy) or taste like...

That's awesome that the Orange OxiMega has a bit of a mint taste to it... it probably mixes well with a bunch of other things... try it in your oatmeal and tell us... never mind, don't do that!

This is definitely on my list to pick up. I've been researching several products in this area and will probably be picking the kit up sometime in the near future when I get some supp $$$ together. I'm really focused on the health aspects of things right now and it's great to see CL offering some great products!

I'm in the process of getting my "vacation/summer prep" log together and the diet component is going to be interesting. (Watch for some Golden Gains in there... I might start on Green Bulge near the end of the 90-day throwdown as well depending on how things are going...)
                        I'd love to incorporate this into the log at some point - you'd better not sell out before I get my pennies saved!
                        Hey first thanks for the suggestion at bb.com about the workout log/journals. I tried to rep you back, but said I gotta spread it around first! lol

Yeah this is different than other Greens I have had, the look is not great but there's no grit/texture. The taste is great. I don't really eat oatmeal, but I use ON's Oats & Whey... so I plan to use it in Choc. I'd def. save $$ for OX, GGs, & GB -- totally worth it!
                        ~Julie

Currently Taking:

Comment

my ox is out for delivery!! woohoo!!
                          too bad i can't breathe out of my nose right now. means i won't be able to taste the product as well.

I don't always drink beer with my supplements, but when I do, I prefer Dos Equis.
                          Stay thirsty, my friends.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Bc0WjTT0Ps

Comment

Originally posted by force View Post
                            my ox is out for delivery!! woohoo!!
                            too bad i can't breathe out of my nose right now. means i won't be able to taste the product as well.
                            Yeaaahh! I'm betting you will be able to taste it regardless! lol
                            ~Julie

Currently Taking:

Comment

Just some updated thoughts that I copy & pasted from my OxiMega Log -

3/16/10:

As far as OxiMega, really digging it. Great way to start a day with OT, Fish Oil, and a shot of Greens, it really gives you that extra umph to get going. Today, I really felt the digestive/probiotic support... my stomach/intestines had the McGirgles (for those that have seen Super Size Me, lol). About 20-30min after my shot of greens my stomach was making all kinds of noises. For me this is a good thing bc I have a ton of digestive problems, which is one of the many reasons I love OT as well. I also got more of a hint of citrus today with my fish oil... but I don't want to leave it on my tongue too long to try to taste it, lol.

3/17/10:

The OxiMega remains impressive. I actually woke up looking forward to a "shot" of this this a.m. The digestive support is still the most noticeable change for me so far, though most of the benefits won't be completely obvious. As I mentioned yesterday, it does give you a little extra pep in your step. Today I used 8oz (instead of 5oz) just to try it out. There seemed to be less residue left afterwards and the taste wasn't as concentrated. Either way is great to me, I'm actually really enjoying the taste. Tomorrow I think I will try in ON's Choc. Mint 100% Gold Standard Whey.

3/18/10:

Just wanted to post some thoughts on my OxiMega this morning. Today I tried mixing the Greens in ON's Choc. Mint 100% Gold Standard with 8oz of water. Wowie was the mint flavor strong, too strong. So, I added about 2oz more to see if diluting it would help... not so much. I wish I would have tried in 12oz, but maybe another time. I wouldn't do this on a regular basis, but if I was in a hurry or something -- I could handle it. I may try this in my ON Choc. Oats & Whey... this may be less conflicting tastes. Honestly, I think the Greens are good on their own, actually enjoy the taste and the spearmint breath afterwards, lol.

As for the fish oil, I left it on my tongue a little longer than normal before swallowing to try to taste the citrus. I taste it a little, but def. nothing overpowering. I think I'm going to try taking 2 in the a.m. for a while, then maybe a 1/1 split. Don't know that it makes a difference but wanna try it both ways.
                              ~Julie

Currently Taking:

Comment

Working...
                              X