Fall/Winter log

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fall/Winter log

Well this is my first log I have done. Ill tell yall alil about me. I have been lifting since 8th grade football but got into the "building" part of it. I now have been religously training for about 2-3yrs. Before then I was way to sloppy in diet and training. I have always had a huge problem of gaining weight so I have to make sure I eat plenty of food. Now that it was suggested that I enter a bodybuilding contest in '10 spring, I plan on checking my diet even more(still dont know if Ill enter the contest yet). Here some of my most recent stats:
    Chest: 45in
    Shoulders:51
    Waist:34(love handles always hit me in offseason.)
    Thighs:26
    Calves:16
    Arms:16 1/2
    Weight:185
    I was up to almost 190 but I got hit with a bad cold for the past 3 days and actually lost 4-5lbs. Really ticked me off but oh well.

This is my AVERAGE daily diet. It changes with my bodyweight:
    6:30a.m- 4-5eggs, 2cups of Special-K protein cereal(10g of protein-3/4c) w/ 1-11/2cups of skim milk.

9:30a.m-Met Rx Colossal Protein Bar and cup of plain peanuts

12:00p.m-either 10oz of skinless chicken breast, can of tuna, or a type of lean meat, salad or some type of vegetable, and either a sweet potato or cup of beans.

3:00p.m- Met Rx Colossal Bar and cup of plain peanuts

5:00p.m- skinless chicken breast and 2-3 slices of 100% whole wheat bread w/ apple butter

6:00p.m.-(roughly)-workout

7:15p.m.- protein shake w/: 40g of whey isolate, 35g of complex carbs, 20g of dextrose, and 10oz of skim milk

8:15-30p.m- 8oz steak, chicken, or lean meat, cup of broccoli, and brown rice

10:30p.m- protein shake with 20g of mix( casein, whey, egg) protein

I have a few days left of some creatine ethyl ester and Niox(Nitric Oxide) but after that is done my stack will look like this:

Creatine Edge Efferesvent by 8ball nutrition- 1 pack 20min before workout

GlycerGrow by CL products- 1 scoop 30min before wrkout, 2 sc at gym, and 1 during wrkout

White Flood Tablets- 1 serving 30min before workout

Uni-Liver by Universal- 2tablets at 3 meals and during and after wrkout

Multvitamin- 2x day

Fish Oils- at wake and before sleep

Program that I will be starting tomorrow(focusing on weak areas):

Monday:Chest*
    Incline DB press 4x6,8,8,15 Weighted Dip 4x6,6,8,8

Low Cable crossover 3x8 DB Pullovers 3x10

Tuesday: Hams/Biceps
    Stiff-leg Deadlifts-4x8 Barbell Curl-3x6

Seated Leg curl-4x6,8,8,15 Incline Curl-3x8

Glute Raise Machine*-3x12 Double Cable Curl-3x12

*I just couldnt find a freakin name for this machine.
    Wednesday: Shoulders*
    Seated DB press-4x6,8,8,15 DB Shrugs-4x8

Rear Cable laterals-4x8,8,10,10 Behind-Back Shrugs-3x10

Leaning lateral raises-4x6,8,8,15

Thursday: Quads/Triceps
    Leg Press-4x6,8,8,15 Incline Skullcrushers-3x6

Hack Squats-4x10 Seated DB Overhead Extension-3x8

Leg Extensions-4x8,10,15,20 Rope Pressdowns-3x12

Friday: Back**
    Underhand BB rows-4x6,8,8,15 Cable Rows-4x6,6,8,15

Wide-grip Pullups-3x8 Neutral Grip Pulldown-3x10

*I do 3 excercises of abs in between sets
    **I do 3 excercises of calves in between sets

Lookin forward to startin this program and log. If you have any questions or remarks please let me know!
    Last edited by farmerson12; 10-11-2009, 08:27 PM.
    "Greater love hath no man, than to lay down his life for a friend" John 15:13
    CFD

do u have goals? and do u still play ball?

Comment

I do play ball when we get a game goin with some of the other departments. Lots of fun but not how it used to be. My main goal right now is to add roughly 10lbs of quality lean mass in 3-4 months. My next priority after that is a strength and conditioning phase. And when I say conditioning, I mean HIT excercises(box squats, sprints, black halos, etc.). I havent included any cardio intomy program right now and I have a couple reasons. One is my workouts usually get my heart rate up fairly quickly and steady bc I so excercises for small groups(calves and abs) between my other sets. The other is in firefighting, you are kept at a fast pace fairly often and with metabolism, I wouldnt meet my goal(at least not in 3-4 months). I know bodybuilding isnt up alot of people's alley but its what I love and its been very beneficial in my life. will I be making a future of it. Highly unlikely.
      Last edited by farmerson12; 10-11-2009, 10:20 PM.
      CFD

Comment

Got in the gym around 1:00 today and it went real well:

Incline DB press: 65(felt like I could have gotten one more rep),60x2,45

Low Cable Crossover: 30x3(wow! never done these and never liked cable excercises but these felt great! I held the contaction for about 2 sec and it really worked my upper pecs)

Weighted Dips: 25x4(I forgot to put extra weights in my vest so I only had 25. I got about 1-2 extra reps each set)

DB Pullovers: 45x3(Havent done these in 3 years. Felt real good. Nice stretch at the end.

The workout overall went real well. My chest has always been my weakest bodypart in both siz ans strength so I was glad I got nice contractions and pumps. I took the last of my creatine ethyl ester, which I did a full serving before but I only did a half serving after bc thats all i had. In about 2-3 days my WF tabs should be coming in so I havent decided if Ill finish the rest of the Niox or just stop takin it and start taking WF. Niox just doesnt do crap for me. Lookin forward to Hams and Biceps tomorrow.
        Last edited by farmerson12; 10-12-2009, 02:37 PM.
        CFD

Comment

Today was the first day I took the Creatine Edge product. Its an efferescent(like alka seltzer) so I mixed it and let it sit for 2min before wrkout(took it 30min before). No doubt the best supp I have ever tasted. I also took my beta-alanine product for the first time(3 caps daily).

Stiff-leg Deadlift
          4x185

Seated leg curl
          1x90, 2x80, 1x50(the weight was too light so I did 20reps of 50 and 5 extra reps of 60 immediately after.)

Glute Raises
          4x92.5

i dont think I targeted my hams well enough. Even though I hate changing excercises quickly, I may redo my ham routine

Barbell Curl(with olympic bar)
          3x95( great contractions. last rep of last set was alil cheated)

Incline Curl
          3x25

High Cable Double Curls
          25x3(I wasnt sure what to expect from these but man they gave me crazy pumps! The contractions started to hurt after the first set.)

My bicep workout was one of the best Ive had for awhile. The new creatine product worked well. But we will see its true effects in 3-4 weeks. Again, I will most likely change my hams routine. Dorian Yates was well known for doing smith machine squats with his legs about 15in in front of him to really hit the hams. I may substitute that in. Ready for the next workout!
          CFD

Comment

Got into the gym around 1:00p.m after work:

Seated DB Press
            1x55
            2x50(did an extra rep on first set)
            1x35

Leaning Laterals
            1x25(days I wish my gym had between db's(27.5)
            2x20
            1x12

Rear cable Laterals(I know most people consider this a cutting/precontest excercise but I have always done db excercises for my rear delts and this is a change. They felt great.)
            2x25
            2x20

DB shrugs
            4x90

Behing-neck shrugs(Great excercise! Really hit my lower traps. Ill def add more weight next time. Today I just got the feel of it)
            4x135

Between sets, I did calves excercises. I did 3 excercises and 4 sets for each.

Great workout! Hit my schoulders and traps hard. Got home and noticed that my WF tabs came in!!! Screw Niox. I dont even think Im gonna finish that product off. Quads and Tri's tomorrow. Ready to start my WF!
            CFD

Comment

Also forgot too mention a couple of other supps Im taking so ill update my stack:

WF tabs
              GlycerGrow
              Myofusion protein
              All the Whey protein
              8 ball nutrition-Creatine Edge
              8 ball nutrition-Black Betas(beta-alanine)
              Calicium
              Ester-C
              Multivitamin
              Fish Oil
              Uni-Liver Tabs
              CFD

Comment

Crazy day today! Ive had a cold lately and I woke up this mornin congested. Went to bathroom and blew my nose and blood comes gushin. Ive had this happen before on a cold(sinus affection), but today was the worst in my life. It got so bad that it would feel up my naso airway and would come out my mouth. This continued for 3 hours. Then it stopped. Around 3p.m, I took my supps and headin out to the gym. Halfway the nosebleeds started again so I turned around. They stopped a hour and a half later and I was too hyped up(first day to start my WF tabs!) not to go to the gym so I left and they havent happened yet. Bad move? Prolly but oh well.

Leg press(been awhile since I worked legs out.)
                1x450
                2x430
                1x360

Hack Squat(I know I could have done a bit more but I wanted to see how I felt)
                4x180

Leg Extension(I got off the machine and I almost collapsed! Crazy burns pumps!)
                1x130
                1x120
                1x100
                1x80

Incline Skullcrushers-Great excercise
                1x80(too light so bumped up)
                2x90

Seated Overhead Extension
                4x65

Rope Pressdown
                1x60(too light)
                2x70

It was almost 2hrs after taking WF tabs and I still had way better pumps and energy than what Niox gave me! That shows you a quailty product. Ready to improve my leg strength. Time for my fav bodypart tomorrow, Back.
                CFD

Comment

Well I worked out yesterday but was too busy with work to put in my log. I didnt preplan this workout so I decided on excercises while I was goin.

Underhand BB Rows(love how they hit my middle back and lowerlats)
                  1x185
                  2x175
                  1x145

Cable Rows
                  2x160
                  1x150(same reps but felt like I needed to lower weight to get better connection)

Wide-grip Lat Pulldown
                  1x120
                  2x110
                  1x90

DB Rows
                  2x50
                  1x55(needed to be alil heavier so I went up on last set)

Pretty good workout. I was outta town and used a different gym. Was kinda busy and slowd down my workout but overall pretty good.
                  CFD

Comment

Well today was the first time I used WF on my chest workout and man! The stats speak for themselves!

Incline DB Press
                    3x70(PR!) the first set was supposed to be just 6 reps but I kept goin for 2 more reps! 5 and 10lbs up from last workout
                    1x55(the 50's were missing so I used the 55's. and got all 15 reps. 10lbs up!

Incline DB Press(the cables were taken so I substituted with these)
                    3x40

Weighted Dips
                    4x35(the first 2 sets were supposed to be 6 reps but I added 10lbs from last workout and it still wasnt enough. I did 8 reps all 4 sets)10lbs up!

DB Pullovers
                    3x55(10lbs up! Felt real good. Awesome stretch)

Nothing changed in my diet or routine so the only explanation for my increase in weights is dedication and WF. I love that stuf! I also didnt use WF last tuesday so cant wait to see how that workout will be. I updated my Ham routine bc it wasnt very well written so this is what I will be doing for now on(along with bi's):

Smith machine squat(legs 15in in front) 4x8

DB stiff-leg deadlift 4x8

Seated leg curl 3x8,8,15
                    CFD

Comment

Today I felt real bland. It was my day off so I spent most of the day studyin(paramedic) and doin chores around the house. Then got to the gym. I still felt kinda blah but it happens every once in a while.

Smith machine Squat(legs 15in in front)
                      4x215(great isolation of the Hams and Glutes. Prolly could have done 20lbs more but I never did this excercise so I wanted to get the feel.)

DB Stiff-leg Deadlift
                      4x65(very nice stretch)

Seated Leg Curl
                      1x95
                      2x85
                      3x65

Barbell Curl
                      3x95(stayed at same weight and reps. Just wasnt feelin it today)

Incline Curl
                      2x25 with 1 extra rep(now 9)
                      1x25

High Cable Curl
                      2x35
                      1x30

Decent workout. I did progress but just didnt feel much today. Im ready to get back in more of the "cavemen" style training I used to do when I was training in mma but Ill prolly start that at the beginning of next year.
                      CFD

Comment

this is a random thought but the protein powders I have tried from ON have all been pretty great. But freakin crap, their Casein powder is nasty! I mean I cant stand it with water or milk! At first I thought it was bc casein protein doesnt taste that great but after trying others, I now realize. Just a thought. Be warned
                        CFD

Comment

Wow, I'm surprised! I use ON Casein and Whey all the time.

As a s suggestion from jd, I mix one scoop of each, Casein, Whey and ground up Steel Cut Oats, and have that twice a day in between 4 or 5 small meals.

Just my 2 cents.

Comment

Originally posted by HotRod View Post
                            Wow, I'm surprised! I use ON Casein and Whey all the time.

As a s suggestion from jd, I mix one scoop of each, Casein, Whey and ground up Steel Cut Oats, and have that twice a day in between 4 or 5 small meals.

Just my 2 cents.
                            During the day, thats a great shake combo but at night, I ususally leave out carbs. I prolly will add whey too it though. I usually use blended protein products at night but ran out. Also, do you use the Natural casein from ON(it has a tan label) or the blue labeled one? That may be another reason why I dont like the flavor.
                            CFD

Comment

Was a long night at work but I got plenty of rest before my workout.

Seated DB Press
                              1x55(got an extra rep)
                              2x50(got 2 extra reps on each set!)
                              1x35(got 5 extra reps!! Didnt know that was coming)

Leaning laterals
                              1x30
                              2x25(went up 5lbs)
                              1x15(went up 3lbs)

Rear cable laterals
                              2x25(got an extra rep on each set)
                              2x20('' '' '' '')

DB Shrugs
                              4x90(extra rep on all 4 sets)

Behind Neck Shrugs
                              1x155(too light)
                              2x165(Im likin this excercise. Def can feel it working)

All I can say is I wish I would have found CL years ago. If a hardgainer can add lean mass with CL products, the most can. And when I say hardgainer, I mean I used to weigh 135(weighed myself a couple of days ago in the morning at 195). Lovin it. Thanks CL! Glad to have a company around who makes quality supps and not dumb*** ads(cough..muscletech..cough)
                              CFD

Comment

Working...
                              X