Lower Back Pain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lower Back Pain

Ive been having lower back pain recently, what are signs of a herniated disc?

http://www.webmd.com/hw/back_pain/hw226019.asp

We have many good massage therapists and chiropractors here in Denton. I see Family Chiropractic Center on Locust St. Celeste for massage therapy and Dr. Chuck for Chiropractic care...let me know if you want their phone number.

Comment

With a true herniated lumbar disc you will have decreased sensation, strength, and reflexes in the areas that are wired to where the cord is compressed. Often times people have shooting pains down the leg.

In a back sprain you often times have shooting pain down to the buttock but not down the leg and there is no loss of strength, sense or reflexes
      Disclaimer: While I have an M.D. the views I express are not to be taken as medical advice under any circumstances. Please check with your own doctor if you want medical advice as he/she has access to your info and can provide the most accurate advice.

www.pubmed.gov . . . gotta love it

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Dave1
        With a true herniated lumbar disc you will have decreased sensation, strength, and reflexes in the areas that are wired to where the cord is compressed. Often times people have shooting pains down the leg.

In a back sprain you often times have shooting pain down to the buttock but not down the leg and there is no loss of strength, sense or reflexes
        My pain never leaves my back

Comment

Originally posted by LancerV
          My pain never leaves my back

Strained muscle. Use ice for 15-20 min. then follow with heat for same amount of time. Do this combo 3 times and repeat 3 times daily. If you do not object to NSAIDS use Advil or Aleve as prescribed on the bottle. Get some rest and attempt to remain out of the gym for 1 wk. Better off for 1 week than 1 month. A good massage will work wonders along with lots of fluids.
          Do or do not. There is no try!

Comment

Originally posted by icetrauma
            Strained muscle. Use ice for 15-20 min. then follow with heat for same amount of time. Do this combo 3 times and repeat 3 times daily. If you do not object to NSAIDS use Advil or Aleve as prescribed on the bottle. Get some rest and attempt to remain out of the gym for 1 wk. Better off for 1 week than 1 month. A good massage will work wonders along with lots of fluids.
            I went to the doctor because It didnt feel like a herniated disc or back sprain, or muscle strain. And apparently it was a bruised bone

Comment

i have lumbagia
              hurts so much sometimes

Comment

Working...
              X