Chuck Taylors vs. Wrestling shoes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chuck Taylors vs. Wrestling shoes

I'm trying to decide of the two which to wear when working out. I wanted to ge everyones opinion on which ones work the best and the pros and cons of both.
    "My pain is self chosen."-Mad Season
    "When it's game time, it's pain time baby."-Terry Tate

This probably isnt what you want to hear, but it comes down to which one is more comfortable to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank_the_Tank
      This probably isnt what you want to hear, but it comes down to which one is more comfortable to you.

Ditto. Not to mention they both provide almost zero ankle stability.
      Do or do not. There is no try!

Comment

I wear skateboard shoes. Very wide, very good grip, comfortable, cheap, etc.

Comment

Both are excellent choices but it goes along with preference. Most use them only for deads and squats but both are very flat and give excellent traction. I believe chucks are cheaper.

Comment

Call me biased but i wear performance tennis shoes. They have max. stability, excellent traction, not over the top cushioning, but are expensive.
            "Usually when people think they are holding a lot of water, they are just holding a lot of fat." -Mr. Aries

Yellow Neuphoria! (Complete)
            http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...1#post13021541
            -or-
            http://www.controlledlabsforum.com/s...ead.php?t=1780

Comment

i think i wear cross trainers?

haha they was on special at A-mart allsports

ahah 50bucks for a shiny white pair of gym shooooooes
              Space cowboy!

Just about to get my motorbike so i havnt been active much on CL im sorry will attack asap! hahamauhahahaha

I like Finger sandwhiches after a good meal haha muahaha

Comment

I like Nike Frees but will proably sitch to a nice pair of cross trainers. IMO bare foot is best but gyms don't like that so much...
                "Stimulate, don't Annihilate." - Lee Haney

Comment

Originally posted by ddawg91
                  Both are excellent choices but it goes along with preference. Most use them only for deads and squats but both are very flat and give excellent traction. I believe chucks are cheaper.
                  Yeah it's hard to get good form while doing those exercises wearing normal athletic shoes , its hard not to raise your heel off the floor.

I wear some Asics Gel-Kayano XII's to the gym. I have a hard time finding shoes around here with good support. Stores around here don't carry size 14 US. Always have to order them off the net.

For deads and squats I just take em off and work out in my socks. Prolly not the safest or very hygenic now that I think about it, but it always worked for me.

Comment

I notice I am finding it easier to do squats wearing running or cross trainer shoes. I still deadlift in sock feet. Why am I finding it easier to do squats in running/cross trainer shoes than in Chuck Taylors and what are some good shoes to lift in?

Comment

Originally posted by glb
                      I notice I am finding it easier to do squats wearing running or cross trainer shoes. I still deadlift in sock feet. Why am I finding it easier to do squats in running/cross trainer shoes than in Chuck Taylors and what are some good shoes to lift in?
                      whoa, be careful with running shoes, if that's what you really have. They have a very narrow sole, making it bad for stability. Cross trainers are a little better with the wider sole, and offer a little more stability. As far as being easier, the only thing I can come up with is that they are angled forward just a tad bit.

Chucks/wrestling shoes keep you closer to the ground, and that's why I like them. It just feels more natural to me. I just bought a pair of Vision Street Wear that look just like Chucks, for about 20 bucks at Big5 sports, if you have on in your area, and they look better, too

Comment

Nike's = teh suck

Asics = teh l33t sauce

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. - Psalm 144:1

As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another - Proverbs 27:17

Current Supps:
                        Purple Wraath
                        Green Magnitude
                        Orange Triad
                        White Flood
                        Blue Up
                        100% ON Classic Whey

Ninety percent of everything is crap.

Theodore Sturgeon
                        US science fiction author (1918 - 1985)

Comment

Also, where my rack is in the basement, the floor made be unlevel to where one foot might be slightly lower than the other. Could that effect it?

Comment

Working...
                          X