Critique my diet please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Critique my diet please

I try to get in as many whole foods as possible but my job limits me to the amount of time I can actually sit down and eat.

Goals to cut down to 230's-240's. I am going to see how I look to determine my stopping point. I started off on 1/05 at 271 and am curretly 257. Thanks for all of your help.

Wake up
    1 scoop whey + coffee + water. Ordering some WF/GM this week and it will take the place of coffee.
    Hit the gym
    Post 2 scoops whey + sugar for post workout. Budget is extremely tight. That is why I am sticking with table sugar. I need to use up what we have in the house.

ECA stack

Breakfast
    1 cup Kashi cereal in 1 C skim milk + 1 shake
    or
    4 egg white omellette + ff cheese + 99% ff ham + tomato's and oats or grits

Snack
    1 scoop whey
    yogurt
    can tuna or chicken

30 min pre lunch eca stack.

Lunch
    Yesterdays was 90/10 ground sirloin + ff cheese + 2 cups brown rice and salad with balsamic vinagrette

Snack
    1 scoop whey
    nuts. Either unsalted peanuts or almonds
    Going to be adding a piece of fruit in here

Dinner
    Steak, chicken or turkey
    veggies.

Depending on what time I eat dinner depends on prebed meal.

pre bed meal. If I have on
    2 c ff cottage cheese
    1 T peanut butter

I also eat fish such as salmon or tuna 3-4 times a week or more if the budget allows a trip to the sushi bar. Water intake is > 1 gallon a day.
    Thanks for you input.
    Do or do not. There is no try!

I would replace table sugar in your post shake!

you also may want to add some fat to your diet -- fish oils, flax oil, borage oil, etc. You get some nuts in and looks like you have a dinner with some fat usually, but outside of that everything seems fat free!

eating fat doesnt create body fat -- excess caloric intake does, which is typically achieved through low nutrient density and high energy dense diets (think soda -- lots of sugar, calories, no real nutritional value).

im not big into nutrition yet though... i just kinda eat as healthy as I can..and figure thats good

congrats on your progress so far! keep it uppp

Comment

Thanks for the input. I was not sure if the fish I ate throughout the week was enough. I do have some fish oil at the house. I will be adding it into my pre shake. Actually 2 t of Barley's citrus flavor before I drink my shake. Not really sure of the timing of the fats. I could add a whole egg or 2 into my breakfast. I will look into some palatinose or dex for my post shake. Thanks.

Supps. currently using whey only. Going to add GM/WF and bulk amino's in the next 2 weeks. And for the last 6 wks of the cut I have 2 bottles of stim free BU and for the last 4 weeks I have some lean xtreme.

Any other ideas? Come on guys/gals. I know your out their.
      Do or do not. There is no try!

Comment

be cautious with bulk aminos -- i believe they taste horrible (?) never tried myself though

I get tons of egg protein in my diet lately -- stuff is great! -- i recently bought 10lbs of dried egg whites i use in my prebed shake (mixes poorly without a blender) -- I stocked up on liquid egg whites, have like 15 lil 2pound boxes when they were on sale at giant recently (found out egg whites international is a horrible price) -- and I buy 2 dozen of the organic/cage free eggs a week -- 1 for straight cooking/eating and 1 for making into hard broiled eggs (great snack)

yeah, nutrition is the part i know the least about =( I've drifted away from it alot recently, and need to get back into the know!!!

Comment

I think this is a balanced diet but please avoid the bulk of aminos.
          Weight Loss Tips

Comment

Working...
          X