Pec Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pec Problems

This is a post about a problem somebody has already voiced. Im having some problems with my right pectoral. Seems like my left pectoral is noticebly bigger than my right, I have been doing uni lateral training as well making sure my form is correct when doing any kind of presses or flys. What should I do differnt or what am I not doing

This is a very very hard thing to fix. Here are some ideas:

1.) Fat deposits. Not saying your fat, but my left pec is bigger than my right due to fatty tissue. Hardly noticable to anyone except me. Even my girl friends swear I am too vain and possibly hallucinating.

2.) Once they grow in size (as the muscle gets bigger), they will start to appear more even. People will say at the size and that will be that.

3.) Form, and our natural body alignment structure. For instance my left shoulder has a tendancy to be more forward than my right. Lifting with an imbalance like that will carry over. I know this because I've trained my body since I was little in one form or another. It may not be obvious to many people though, something as small and imperceptable as that.

4.) Train bilaterally, training one side DB presses is a waste of time. Just relax and know that the only one who notices this is you! Unless of course there is a major difference. But yes, I have one pec bigger than the other. I bet alot of guys do.
    Last edited by RenegadeRows; 11-21-2008, 05:33 AM.

Comment

just fyi unilaterally means one side...

bilateral means both sides..

I strongly encourage unilateral training, as it requires more stabilization and balance through the body.. and of course you need to balance this out with sets/repetitions etc. on the contralateral side as well

do alot of pushups, it will balance out eventually.. or maybe it wont...

either way, it reminds me of a great quote peter ghandi says all the time "there is more to life than the symmetry of ones pectorals."

suggestion for RR: grab a heavy DB, something you can DB press fiarly easy.. get a swiss ball, and lay on it so only your right shoulder blade and butt touches it, and do right arm DB presses...than repeat with the L arm. .. if it is too hard, try the same on a bench.. combine this with suit case deadlifts for a good full body workout
      Last edited by jiritt0; 11-19-2008, 08:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jdiritto
        just fyi unilaterally means one side...

bilateral means both sides..

I strongly encourage unilateral training, as it requires more stabilization and balance through the body.. and of course you need to balance this out with sets/repetitions etc. on the contralateral side as well

do alot of pushups, it will balance out eventually.. or maybe it wont...

either way, it reminds me of a great quote peter ghandi says all the time "there is more to life than the symmetry of ones pectorals."

suggestion for RR: grab a heavy DB, something you can DB press fiarly easy.. get a swiss ball, and lay on it so only your right shoulder blade and butt touches it, and do right arm DB presses...than repeat with the L arm. .. if it is too hard, try the same on a bench.. combine this with suit case deadlifts for a good full body workout
        *post fixed.

Interesting, I'll have to try that!!!

Comment

Working...
        X