decided to do 5x5 but i dont understand this explination

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• decided to do 5x5 but i dont understand this explination

i decided to try out a 5x5 for a while and see how it goes. i dont understand this part about resting:

"Friday

A-1: incline press
    A-2: renegade row
    B-1: front squat
    B-2: glute/ham raise
    Saxon side bend 2x5

Do each pair back to back. For example, do one set of A-1, wait ninety seconds, and then do a set of A-2 and wait ninety seconds before going back to A-1. Keep going back and forth until you have completed all of the sets and reps. For the midsection work, take two minute breaks in between each set."

would i rest the same amount for the A1/A2 superset as i would for the B1/B2 superset?

i understand the program just dont understand the finer points of resting between sets.

thanks for any help. my green mag should be here witht he mail in a couple hours, and i just put in my order for some GG!!

Please forgive the dumb question but what is a Renagade row?
    Do or do not. There is no try!

Comment

Originally posted by Stert
      i decided to try out a 5x5 for a while and see how it goes. i dont understand this part about resting:

"Friday

A-1: incline press
      A-2: renegade row
      B-1: front squat
      B-2: glute/ham raise
      Saxon side bend 2x5

Do each pair back to back. For example, do one set of A-1, wait ninety seconds, and then do a set of A-2 and wait ninety seconds before going back to A-1. Keep going back and forth until you have completed all of the sets and reps. For the midsection work, take two minute breaks in between each set."

would i rest the same amount for the A1/A2 superset as i would for the B1/B2 superset?

i understand the program just dont understand the finer points of resting between sets.

thanks for any help. my green mag should be here witht he mail in a couple hours, and i just put in my order for some GG!!
      Yes the rest would be the same for A1/A2 and B1/B2.

Comment

Originally posted by icetrauma
        Please forgive the dumb question but what is a Renagade row?
        ALLOW ME TO ANSWER THIS QUESTION.
        "Renegade Row; A very handsome, funny, muscular young man from Boston"

j/k!
        http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/kett...g+Renegade+Row
        Some video...
        http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/2005/renegaderow.wvx

It's a very interesting exercise. I find its good for endurance, stabilization and changing a routine up for extra stimulation. You can use big dumbells instead of kettlebells too.
        Last edited by RenegadeRows; 10-11-2006, 05:45 AM.

Comment

do you guys own kettle-balls?

Comment

Originally posted by Stert
            do you guys own kettle-balls?
            No

Comment

Working...
            X