Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

L-Leucine, Is it the nasty thing you have ever tasted?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L-Leucine, Is it the nasty thing you have ever tasted?

Man, i just got my l-leucine today from bulknutrition(they threw in so many samples and a free shipping coupon, i am in heaven). I make my PRE workout shake and i just tossed in 5 grams with my GM. Post workout, i just put 10 grams in some water and drank it. Man, that was the nasty supplement i have ever had, PERIOD!

I have heard of horror stories about some supplements but nothing about leucine, is it really nasty or i am?

JDub

It's not that bad, mine has a little taste to it. Just add some Crystal light to it and you will be fine.

Comment

yeah, i probably should do that i just think that it takes to much time to add flavoring but not a bad idea.

I now have another question,

Can i mix like 2 liters of leucine and crystal light and leave it in a picter in my fridge for like a week or will it go bad like creatine?

Thanks

JDub

Comment

What in god's green pastures are ya talkin' about, boy. It's tasteless!!!

I found that using lukewarm water is enough to completely dissolve it. I toss 5-10g of it in 1.5L of xtend or purple wraath and throw it in the freezer until it's chilled enough. Works perfectly.

I tried capping it because the flakes are annoying in a post workout shake.... didn't work so well. My room was covered with leucine.

Comment

I have to give props to Cyrstal light also, I throw in one of those little packets they make now (Lemonade) and use that with my PW + a little splenda, and its pretty darn good.

Now if I would of got the new flavor of PW....
          A Gold's Gym puppet - and proud of it.

Comment

Originally posted by JDub
            yeah, i probably should do that i just think that it takes to much time to add flavoring but not a bad idea.

I now have another question,

Can i mix like 2 liters of leucine and crystal light and leave it in a picter in my fridge for like a week or will it go bad like creatine?

Thanks

JDub
            It will eventually break down.

Comment

Another good option is to just shot it and chase with a big gulp of water. One big spoon full should be around 5 g.
              "Stimulate, don't Annihilate." - Lee Haney

Comment

My leucine is a tasteless white powder.

Comment

the stuff i got from bulk nutrition tastes nasty, it is like a silky powder and really light and fluffy, when i opened it some shots up into the air. Even mixed with water it is gross.

Jdub

p.s. i am just going to mix it with my green mag pre workout and put it in my shake post. Hopefully its not to bad.

Comment

After about 12 hours it is said to begin the breakdown process. I mix mine up overnight for the morning, but never longer than that.

SCT
                    Back to the basics!

Comment

buy some bulk acetyl l-carnitine and take a spoonfull.

Comment

Originally posted by jdiritto
                        buy some bulk acetyl l-carnitine and take a spoonfull.
                        Agreed! Or have a Black Hole cap burst in you throat and burp it up!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ddawg91
                          Agreed! Or have a Black Hole cap burst in you throat and burp it up!!!
                          BLEH!! Black Out has a pretty stanky taste, especially when you burp it up and get a good whiff.

Just this morning I thought about this post and added some leucine to room temperature water, same stuff that you have and it dissolved almost immediately. I added some to a bottle of cold water and after shaking vigorously for about 45 minutes and letting it settle, there are still chunks.

I’m telling you, add it to a spot of lukewarm water, shake it up, add your Green MAG or whatever other supplement and fill the rest of it with cold water. Problem solved. Warm water won’t degrade the leucine, and it’ll be gone before you know it. Leucine shouldn’t really have a taste, unless you classify “stale” as a taste. But it’s definitely fluffy and annoying as hell. I vacuumed but there’s still leucine flakes all over my room.

Big Tip::::: Don’t try capping it with a cap-m-quik unless you have the patience of a Tibetan Monk.

Comment

cap-m-quik works great. i could pop out a month worth of caps in an hour or so

Comment

Some say leucine is tasteless, and other say it is the worst thing in the world. Where are you guys with tasteless leucine - PU and Dustin getting it?

I am taking Wraath Pre-WO, but I want to add 10g to my post shake (10 grams is about right I think...)
                              Supplements.net Board Rep

Quality, Supplements at Great Prices.

Comment

Working...
                              X