No announcement yet.

Anyone wanna help AB with her workout?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone wanna help AB with her workout?

So I've been doing full body workouts 3-4 times a week.. with two workouts that I alternate

e.g.

3-5/ 5-8 rep range ===> 4 sets
    - box squats/sumo deads
    - flat/incline bench
    - chins

then
    8-12 reps ===> 3 sets
    - rev lunges
    - incline bench/flyes
    - rowing exercise (machine or d/b)
    - shoulders

then
    8-15 reps ===> 2-3 sets
    biceps
    triceps

shoulders
    abs
    calves

Well... thats the plan, usually by the time I get down to arms and get tired and abs and calves don't get done... its been ok because I'm focusing on compounds most of the time, but now I need/want to add some more direct isolation work because I don't want them to lag (bolded parts).... so how am I going to fit them in if my workouts are already lasting about 90min??

Oh and I do most exercises - straight sets, same weight... should I do some supersets? i'm going to start a small/slow cut soon and don't want to lose strength.....thanks
    Last edited by asianbabe; 09-30-2006, 11:35 PM.

With your specific goals in mind, and based on your most recent progress I'd say that what you've been doing has been working great... I just felt bad hearing about your energy levels (directly affecting conditioning).

Comment

nah my energy is good now! I can't wait to go back to the gym (stupid jaw)! Its just that I want to put my effort into isolation work but I can't seem to fit it anywhere?

Comment

Originally posted by asianbabe
        ....Its just that I want to put my effort into isolation work but I can't seem to fit it anywhere?
        Less rest time between sets + ISO at the end of your workouts maybe ?

Comment

AB: Speciality Day

I have the same problem as you: my forearms, abs, calves get neglected.

Throw in one day every other week to target those areas.

I do mostly compounds too, but when I have an off day and feel like working out I'll target those muscles strictly with isolations.

It won't really compromise your recovery very much if you keep it quick and direct work on that muscle only.

Just my .02!

Comment

Working...
          X