Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Malky's Log

lets put them CL products to the test!

Starting October 1, I will be starting a complete log! But then why am I starting this post now? Well, I'll tell you!

This post is my introductory. A little history of me.

All my life (up to about 2 years ago) I've been a little porker. Actually, I should say I was a big porker. In other words, I was fat. I was always lazy and gave up on EVERYTHING. I played a few sports, but thats all I did. That was my only excersize and I even gave up on that. In grade 10, at 16 years of age, I weighed a massive 240 pounds. Trust me, it wasn't muscle.

At this time in my life, my father had an almost fatal heart attack. He never looks after himself and hes an even bigger porker than me. This scary ordeal was my kickstart to getting in shape. I didn't want to be unhealthy anymore and I really did not want to have a heart attack at such a young age like my father.

This was somewhat of a good motivation, but ended up disasterous. It effected me both physically and mentally. I started getting afraid of eating, while doing mountains of cardio. there where spans of 2-3 days where I wouldn't eat a thing, but I would still do non-stop cardio. After only 3 months, I lost 68 pounds! (weighing in at 172). This was bad. Very bad. Why would I do this? Out of pure fear. I was afraid of eating, afraid of getting fat. I needed help, really bad. My self confidence was at an alltime low.

I was so fortunate to have an angel walk into my life, to help me out. Yep. I met a girl (very attractive too! how did I get so lucky?). She plays some serious girls hockey and is very athletic. She got me to feel so good about myself. She helped me to get into the proper mindset and not worry about how I look on the outside (while still keeping healthy ofcourse ).

Yep. Things where looking up for me at this point, but I still had a lack of knowledge about proper nutrition, eating habits, and workout routines. And not only that, but I also had a very bad metabolism and just about no muscle on my body. So I started reading... And reading... And reading....... yep, you guessed it. I read some more.

With more knowledge on the subject, I started eating better as well as using a proper workout routine. Started off slow (only benching 80 pounds.. but you gotta start somewhere!) while gradually increasing my weight on my workouts. I got my basic suppliments (while experimenting with different brands along the way) and gradually improved.
    Failure is only a word. I don't plan on giving it meaning

Enough about the past! lets get to where I am today!

THE PRE-LOG:
    ----------------------------------
    Weight: 206
    ----------------------------------
    I haven't tested my peaks all that much because I go to the gym alone.. No spots... Gotta work on that. Kinda afraid of embarassing myself trying to find my max when I'm alone.. I'll end up dropping a barbell on my chest and breaking a rib... you know what I am saying?

flat bench:5 sets, 200x5
    Dumbell Curl:3 sets 45x10
    Squat:5 sets, 260x5

That is all I will say for now. Until October 1st. Aren't you excited? I am
    (P.S. I know this isn't detailed. but trust me, once I start it up, I'll make sure you know everything!)
    Last edited by malky; 09-22-2006, 11:40 PM.

Comment

The suppliments I plan to use:

ON 100% Whey Gold Standard throughout the day, postworkout

CL Green Bulge - Pre-Workout
      CL Purple Wraath - Pre,during,Post workout(gradually)
      CL White Blood - Before Bed

Optimum Creatine Powder - Post workout

ISS Super Vitmamin Pack - in the moring
      Jameson OMEGA 3-6-9 biocomplex (EFA) - with major meals (3x day)

ErgoPharm 6-OXO - With last meal (before bed)

Any suggestions? Please let me know.

Comment

Nice intro !

Good luck !

Comment

The routine!

its fastly approaching! So I thought I would post my workout schedule

Monday: Chest, Back, Shoulders, Traps

Tuesday: Biceps, Triceps, Forearms

Wednesday: Cardio, Abs

Thursday: Quads, Hamstrings, Calves

Friday: Rest

Saturday: Start The Cycle Over

The majority of my routines will be based on Jacob Wilson's 13 Weeks to Hardcore Fat Burning with some minor variations done by me (mainly the leg day... I don't like the routine ). Read up on this! its really quite good.

Comment

Originally posted by malky
            its fastly approaching! So I thought I would post my workout schedule

Monday: Chest, Back, Shoulders, Traps

Tuesday: Biceps, Triceps, Forearms

Wednesday: Cardio, Abs

Thursday: Quads, Hamstrings, Calves

Friday: Rest

Saturday: Start The Cycle Over
            Looks pretty intense !!

Comment

Great log...GB+WB+PW is an incredible stack and you should see some amazing gains with it. I'll be following along!

Comment

good luck to you on your journey, i will be following along on this one also..
                Controlled Labs Red Acid Gen 2 Tester Log:
                http://controlledlabsforum.com/showthread.php?t=1232

Bodybuilding.com Red Acid Gen 2 Tester Log sponsored by Contolled Labs
                http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=903768

gettin down to business..

Comment

thanks guys! I'll do my best to keep you interested.

But I forgot to mention about my routine. I will be starting on sunday (octobor 1st) as apposed to monday. It fits into my university schedule much better that way

Comment

aight today is the 1st..good luck on your training.
                    Controlled Labs Red Acid Gen 2 Tester Log:
                    http://controlledlabsforum.com/showthread.php?t=1232

Bodybuilding.com Red Acid Gen 2 Tester Log sponsored by Contolled Labs
                    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=903768

gettin down to business..

Comment

Bad Luck unfortunately!!

DAY 1
                      Good afternoon ladies and gents!

I ALMOST DIDN'T GO TO THE GYM! (Shocking, I know)

You see, I am a manager at mcdonalds and I closed last night. Now, the floors there are really slippery because of all the grease. I was carrying a box of fries and was about to walk down the 35 cement stairs that go to the basement. But instead I slipt and fell down the stairs. My crew had to call an ambulance to bring me to the hospital. The first question I asked the doc was, "Am I going to be able to go to the gym tomorrow!?"

Luckily, I did not break anything, or fracture anything either. Lots of scans and x-rays showed me that. I'm just bruised pretty darn bad. I am purple practically everywhere. the Doctor advised me not to go to the gym, but If I HAD to, do minimal wieght. I got out of the hospital at about 2:30 AM last night. I went home and got some good quality sleep and woke up at about 1:00 PM this afternoon

Originally I wasn't going to go to the gym, but I was just so darn determined to go.. so I did. I did much lower weight, and I was still quite shakey.. but I got through!

here is what I did:

Chest, Back

Decline Barbell Bench Press (12,10,12) at 140 lbs
                      Supersetted with:
                      Medium Wide Grip Pulldowns (12,10,12) at 120 lbs
                      I did an additional set of each using 20% less weight holding static contrations for thirty seconds

Incline Bench Press (12,10,8) at 140 lbs
                      Supersetted with:
                      Close Grip Pull downs (12,10,8) at 120 lbs

Flat Dumbbell Bench (1.5 reps) (10,8,6) with 55 lb dumbells
                      supersetted with:
                      Bent Over Rows (15,12,15) at 120 lbs
                      immediately following this, I flexed my chest and back muscles for a total of 2 minutes

Shoulders

Side Laterals 1 set of 12 with 30 lb dumbells, followed by static contractions
                      Front Raises 1 set of 12 with 30 lb dumbells, followed by static contractions
                      Seated Rear Delt Laterals 1 set of 12 with 30 lb dumbells, followed by 1:00 of posing

Traps

Hack Squat Machine Shrugs (Trained to failure) (12,12,10,10,8,6) at 260 lbs

------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Now then, this was a pretty intense workout. I've tried this 13 weeks to hardcore fat burning for 1 week before and each workout I had to down the weight because it was so intense. But thanks to Purple Wraath, I could endure using the same weight for my workouts. thats some good stuff! Its a shame I injured myself. Till tomorrow, I bid you adeu!
                      Last edited by malky; 10-01-2006, 09:33 PM.

Comment

Dude...quit your job. Now.

Please.

Comment

Ironically, Yesterday was my last day there

Comment

Okay. So Now lets get into the eating habits for today. As you might have noticed, I am in university, and yes! I still live my parents at the moment. I am only 18 you know! Basically, what I eat is whatever the parents make, thats just the way it goes when living at home. I do make sure I get everything I need in the day, but sometimes theres that little extra fat and carbs that I can't just take out of the food I have to eat.
                            • Today for brunch I had 2 peices of toast with peanut butter, a protein shake and pourage. Becuase of my late wake, I missed out on some eating today.
                            • Gym time!
                            • My post workout meal consisted of a protein shake, some leftover potatoes, and a tuna sandwhich. Can't go wrong with tuna!
                            • Dinner time! I had crock-pot ham, scallopped potatoes, esparages, green salad and whole wheat buns. I ate PLENTY at this meal.
                            • Night time snack! a protein shake and some beef jerky! mmm mmm good!

I find it hard to eat 'by the book' when staying at home, so I try the best I can. Its going to hurt my fat burning... I just hope not tooo much! I want to see some results here! :P

Comment

Originally posted by malky
                              Okay. So Now lets get into the eating habits for today. As you might have noticed, I am in university, and yes! I still live my parents at the moment. I am only 18 you know! Basically, what I eat is whatever the parents make, thats just the way it goes when living at home. I do make sure I get everything I need in the day, but sometimes theres that little extra fat and carbs that I can't just take out of the food I have to eat.
                              • Today for brunch I had 2 peices of toast with peanut butter, a protein shake and pourage. Becuase of my late wake, I missed out on some eating today.
                              • Gym time!
                              • My post workout meal consisted of a protein shake, some leftover potatoes, and a tuna sandwhich. Can't go wrong with tuna!
                              • Dinner time! I had crock-pot ham, scallopped potatoes, esparages, green salad and whole wheat buns. I ate PLENTY at this meal.
                              • Night time snack! a protein shake and some beef jerky! mmm mmm good!

I find it hard to eat 'by the book' when staying at home, so I try the best I can. Its going to hurt my fat burning... I just hope not tooo much! I want to see some results here! :P
                              You can always add more cardio too....

Comment

Working...
                              X