A log by jaymdubbs

What is Blue GENE™ ?

Serving Size: 5 Tabs (5950mg)
    Servings Per Container: 30

• Controlled Release Formula
    • Stimulant Free Endurance and Stamina
    • Natural / Legal Power and Performance
    • Optimize Natural Hormone Levels and Recovery

Designed to help the serious athlete optimize mitochondrial biogenesis, hormone level ratios, and support oxygen rich blood cells during athletic performance and recovery, this stimulant-free formula means more endurance, power, and better recovery without pro-hormones or grey area compounds. No hormones means no post-cycle therapy, depression, or other risks associated with exogenous hormonal ingestion.

Cissus is a natural, cutting-edge anti-cortisol / anti-catabolic compound that has taken the supplement industry by storm. While more research is needed on the exact mechanism of it's anti-catabolic activity, we do know that the phytoconstituents are active and effective, improving the healing rate of tendons and ligaments (tendons and ligament function is essential for weightlifting strength and form). Acting as a natural glucocorticoid antagonist, Cissus may also have anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties.

Carnitine was added to the formula for it's numerous benefits, including recovery from intense training and reduced DOMS. When part of a CONTROLLED LABS stack / combo you have the ability to train harder AND more often. Users have reported enhanced energy, alertness, cholesterol levels, and fat utilization leading to a recomp effect. Another mechanism of action may be that carnitine enhances our 100% natural hormone levels during training including insulin-like growth factor.

Carao and Catuaba extracts work in synergy with other ingredients to help the target muscle group receive more oxygen, improving performance and strength. As a bonus, many users report a noticeable increase in libido.

Quercetin and Ginkgo Biloba (used for centuries in traditional Chinese medicine) provide a stimulant-free performance boost by increasing oxygen and circulation, giving the serious athlete a unique alternative to stimulant-based products. As a bonus, over time the formula may help support a healthy immune / respiratory system with potent anti-oxidant, anti-viral, and anti-allergen properties. Sodium Bicarbonate acting as a hydrogen buffer, helps reduce fatigue during training and enhance recovery between sets.... experience jitter-free endurance and stamina like never before.

lcariin, Grape Seed Extract, Griffonia Simplicifolia Extract, Apigenin, Luteolin and Niacin work in synergy to help increase bloodflow, natural growth hormone levels, and circulating levels of testosterone while keeping estrogen under control. The formula may even help with cholesterol ratio (cholesterol is the building block for testosterone).

Train harder than ever, push past a plateau, and recover fast.... with Blue GENE™

The Log:

INITIAL MEASUREMENTS
    Weight - 181
    Body fat - (using Tanita scale, lowest 6.4, highest 9.1)

DIET
    Meal 1 - oatmeal, eggs, yogurt, 1 scoop whey
    Meal 2 - Almonds/Peanuts, 1 scoop whey
    Meal 3 - tuna/chicken/beef + veggies
    Meal 4 (pre) - 1 scoop whey
    Meal 5 (post) - 2 scoop whey
    Meal 6 - tuna/chicken/beef, veggies, eggs
    Meal 7 - 1 scoop whey w/PB

I will be following this diet very strictly. The only deviation will be when I go out to dinner with my girlfriend

[/b]SUPPLEMENTS[/b]
    Controlled Labs Orange Triad
    Controlled Labs Green Mag
    Controlled Labs White Flood
    Controlled Labs Purple Wraath
    Controlled Labs BLUE GENE
    Scivation Whey

ROUTINE
    Day 1 - Chest/Tri/abs
    Day 2 - Back/Bis
    Day 3 - Legs/Shoulders/abs
    Day 4 - off
    Days 5, 6, 7 repeat

Cardio alternates between running and ellipical - roughly 3-4 mile runs or HIIT on the elliptical -

Comment

Day 1 (8/31/08)

Day 1 - Chest (8/31/08)

Thoughts: Blasted chest today - no personal bests as I was focusing more on endurance today. Didn’t notice anything out of the ordinary in the gym (to be expected on first dose). Workout was roughly at 3PMish - fast forward to the evening and libido was crazy. Way too early to tell if it is actually BLUE GENE or placebo, but whatever it was it was great. Will take note and update as this log continues.

Comment

Day 2 (9/1/08)

Day 2- Back/Bis (9/108)

Thoughts: Back and Bis - I have begun to not look forward to back days as much, due to the pain in my lower back - I only really notice it when doing a lot of weight with stiff-legged deadlifts. I def. am not throwing on as much weight as I used to - possibly a chronic strain or weak core muscles surrounding the area. I will begin to do more exercises to further strengthen my core (already pretty strong) to see if that can alleviate some of the strain on my back.

Repeat performance in the libido department. Again, too early to tell if its placebo or the BLUE GENE already taking effect.

Comment

In for the long haul..Are you going to run 2 months?

Comment

Originally posted by headinahole
            In for the long haul..Are you going to run 2 months?
            eh havent thought about that much - i will assess that in about day 20 or so -

Comment

Day 3- Shoulders/Legs

Thoughts: I opted to for a higher volume workout today was my back was a little sore from jumping on trampoline yesterday. Shoulders felt good, but was reluctant to put strain on it.

Despite the slight pain, I was able to still nail out a decent leg workout (again, higher volume) while watching the pressure on my back.

Overall, a decent workout, but I didnt notice anything out of the ordinary from the BG yet, as my normal stack of GM, WF, PW is fairly baseline now -

I should note that I have been running this stack for a while now, and I am fairly certain I will be able to discern if and WHEN the BLUE GENE starts affecting my workouts positively.

So far, no increased performance to speak of (besides libido). Stay tuned

Comment

Day 4 (9/3/08)

Chest/Tris

Thoughts: Unfortunately I wasnt able to workout as much as I would have liked to today - today was my fiancee's birthday and I got out of work late, so I had to make it quick - again I wanted to stress higher volume/endurance workout today, but had to shorten it to a High Intensity 5x5 with bench, incline, decline, flyes, dips, tri extensions, kickbacks and skull crushers -

strength was good - for bench, I usually alternate between chest workouts between the barbell and machine - so I can work the different angles and approach the lifts a little differently everytime (for instance, negatives and dropsets are a little easier and more efficent with the machine, but I get a better range of motion and TUT with free weights) it also depends on the pain threshold I have in my shoulder - today I was repping 315 on the machine - at this point i cant add any more weight as that is the entire stack - at some point I may need to completely go to barbell for a decent chest workout (unless I begin working on volume more frequently).

I will say that I didnt feel as fatigued as I normally do while lifting, and that was even having my protein shake at 3 and not working out until 6:30 (not the smartest thing, I know, but I usually am able to hit the gym by 5 or 5:30)

Overall - Have not noted much of a difference (only Day 4)

Comment

keep on keepin on dubbs

Comment

Back/Bis

Thoughts: Today was one of those days I was psyched to workout and "had a pump" just thinking about working out (not really, but I know everyone knows the mindset).

I forgot to cook my lunch last night, so I had some peanut butter mixed with 2 scoops of chocolate whey - pretty damn delicious.

For some reason I felt very "depleted", despite the mindset I was in. Sometimes, I actually enjoy this feeling as I know the effects of White Flood will be amplified when I feel this way.

So today was back day - my second favorite day, and today I wanted to mix strength and endurance in my workout, so I warmed up with 8 sets of 10 wide grip pull ups. Wasnt feeling fatigued - I could have gone with sets of 15, but I wanted to conserve some energy for my back extensions and lat pulldowns (wanted to attempt 5 rep max today and finish 5th rep strong) at 225.

And I did it - typically I have to scale my warm up to allow me to hit the lat pulldowns at that weight, but not today. I honestly feel day 5 on Blue Gene is too early to tell anything, but again, I am eating at maintainence - recovery and endurace is as good as its ever been (if not better)

Libido is still crazy - wish the fiancee wasnt working so much lately hahaha

Tomorrow is off day (Friday).

Here is a random picture of the day:

Anytime I need a good laugh, just look for Jean Claude -

Comment

the 80s where weird, im glad i was an infant and really didnt take it all in.

Comment

That's hilarious!
                        laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

Originally posted by jaymdubbs

Here is a random picture of the day:

Anytime I need a good laugh, just look for Jean Claude -

That is hilarious. Lookin good so far!
                          Do or do not. There is no try!

Comment

Originally posted by jdiritto
                            the 80s where weird, im glad i was an infant and really didnt take it all in.
                            Yeah. The gym was full of teen girls wearing leotards, with danskins shorts, a fat belt around the waste and leg warmers. What in the hell were they thinking. And an occasional thong leo. started to appear in early 90's. Things were crazy back then but the memories are good.
                            Do or do not. There is no try!

Comment

Day 5 (9/5/08)Off

Thoughts: Not much to talk about today - didnt work out. Took the fiancee to dinnner. Recovery has been great as well.

Again, I have noticed positive a difference in libido.
                              Last edited by jaymdubbs; 09-07-2008, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X