Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about your supplements` composition

Hi guys,
    please don`t take this question in the wrong way but as a supplement user i like knowing the total amounts of my supplements`components so i have to ask you guys why do you resort to blends?
    I understand that it may be to protect your formulas and all but i think that it also detracts many advanced users from using your products since they can`t figure out the dosage used on each ingredient.
    Hope you guys don`t mind me asking this but i was just wondering since me and alot of friends of mind haven`t picked any of your supps due to this fact and, i believe, that this may be the case with many other people.

Originally posted by Exitus_pt
    Hi guys,
    please don`t take this question in the wrong way but as a supplement user i like knowing the total amounts of my supplements`components so i have to ask you guys why do you resort to blends?
    I understand that it may be to protect your formulas and all but i think that it also detracts many advanced users from using your products since they can`t figure out the dosage used on each ingredient.
    Hope you guys don`t mind me asking this but i was just wondering since me and alot of friends of mind haven`t picked any of your supps due to this fact and, i believe, that this may be the case with many other people.
    That is a fair question and you hit the nail right on the head. We, like 90%+ of the supplement companies out there, use the blends to protect the formula. if we gave the blend out precisely, there would be nothing at all we could do about another company coming in and using our exact formula and undercutting us on price. It’s one of the few ways a supplement company can protect itself in this industry where it is nearly impossible to get protection of ones formula.
    REDuction SHOTS are Now Here!

Out Now:
    Orange OxiMega (Fish Oil & Greens)
    Purple Psyko
    Gold Feast
    Blue Gene
    Blue Growth
    REDuction AM/PM Shots
    REDuction AM/PM (and PM solo)
    Orange TRIad
    White Flood (5 Flavors)
    Black Hole
    Green MAGnitude (apple or lemonade)
    Green Bulge
    White Blood 2
    Purple Wraath (grape or lemonade)
    Blue Up
    Blue Up (Stim-Free)
    GlycerGrow (Elements line)
    CLAmore (Elements Line)

Toll Free: (800) 692-4558
    Tank "@" ControlledLabs.com

Comment

So there isnt away to patent the forumula? For example like pepsi or coke, aren't there patents on the "forumula" for that?

Or is it way too expensive?
      A Gold's Gym puppet - and proud of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sethva
        So there isnt away to patent the forumula? For example like pepsi or coke, aren't there patents on the "forumula" for that?

Or is it way too expensive?
        you cant really do it and if you could it would be expensive.
        REDuction SHOTS are Now Here!

Out Now:
        Orange OxiMega (Fish Oil & Greens)
        Purple Psyko
        Gold Feast
        Blue Gene
        Blue Growth
        REDuction AM/PM Shots
        REDuction AM/PM (and PM solo)
        Orange TRIad
        White Flood (5 Flavors)
        Black Hole
        Green MAGnitude (apple or lemonade)
        Green Bulge
        White Blood 2
        Purple Wraath (grape or lemonade)
        Blue Up
        Blue Up (Stim-Free)
        GlycerGrow (Elements line)
        CLAmore (Elements Line)

Toll Free: (800) 692-4558
        Tank "@" ControlledLabs.com

Comment

Believe me that i understand your position, however, speaking on my behalf, i can`t seem to trust a supplement that i can`t account for the igredients` dosing in order to judge their dose.

Comment

Believe me that i understand your position, however, speaking on my behalf, i can`t seem to trust a supplement that i can`t account for the igredients` dosing in order to judge their dose.
            The thing to keep in mind when reading supplement labels is that while it is a proprietary formula you can use your basic math and fda labeling laws to figure out if you are getting an effective dosing.

For example, FDA requires that within a blend you list ingredients in order of 'most to least'. Also, some ingredients are used in pretty much standard dosages. For example, caffeine. Most supplement companies do not exceed 200-225mg per dosage. So if caffeine is the 2nd ingredient listed it is a pretty safe bet that all of the other ingredients are less than it.

I can attest that controlled labs uses only effective blends and we are constantly working to see if there is any way to improve the quality of our products.

The only way to be sure about a supplement IMO is to try if.

SCT
            Back to the basics!

Comment

use green mag
              Owner of Fitness Paramount Personal Training

Comment

Working...
              X