Review and Sum-up of my summer workout plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Review and Sum-up of my summer workout plan

Ok, unfortunately, I did not keep a complete log of my numbers on each exercise but I will do my best to sum up the important stuff.

I'm 20 years old and 5'9. I've been lifting on and off since the summer between 8th and 9th grade (so about 7 years) although within the past year me and the iron have blossomed our trials into a rather serious relationship.

I began my summer (beginning of may) weighing in at 165 with a max bench around 235-240. My goal for the end of August was 275. I had a lot of previous experience with creatine monohydrate and various fat burners but nothing much outside of that. With that in mind I did an extremely large amount of research on supplementation and ended up opting with Controlled Labs.

My stack included Green Bulge, White Blood, Blue Rhino (yes Rhino so its got the stim), Glycergrow, Purple Wraath, various forms of whey, and GNC megaman as a multi.

I had been doing 5x5 for quite awhile and when I started taking the supps I went on an EAS "increase your bench" program. I'm sure if you would like to find it you can just do a google search, or if anyone is interested it wouldn't be too difficult for me to post the link..but regardless it provided me with a static sheet of where I stood and what kind of gains I could expect. The program itself is about 2 months long.

My first run through the 2 months I felt similar to Bruce Willis in Unbreakable. My motivation, desire, and energy in the gym was absolutely incredible...I felt like I could lift anything and had a goal set in my mind and I wanted to get there. Nothing was going to stand in my way.

In that first 2 months my max bench went from the 235-240 range to the 255-260 range. An increase of 10 pounds per month.

I opted to run the program again after a 2 week off-cycle. I got about 3 weeks in and then my vacation came along...I spent another week without my supps and managed to hit the gym twice while at the beach. I came back and tried to pick up where I left off, and 1 week later brings us to today where I've decided to put my summer goal on hold for the time being.

As of the posting of this my max bench is at 265. I'm only 10 pounds short of my goal with only 3 weeks left. Yet, over the course of around 3 months thats an increase of 25 pounds. My other lifts have all increased a large amount. I'm upright-rowing about 15-20 pounds more, my squats went up a good amount - and all over the board similar increases are shown. The most amazing thing of it all is my body weight has actually gone DOWN to 162. I feel as if this is a huge increase in strength when weight is factored in. I never ran any bulk/cut type diets and my weight has stayed rather static over the summer.

As I stated I'm going to put that goal of 275 on hold for now. Running this program requires me to constantly demand gains from my body and I believe its starting to take a toll. In my heart I would love nothing more than to continue and bust through this plateau and reach that goal but my instincts are telling me the smart move is to back off the extremely heavy lifting and give my body some time before trying to pack on more strength. I'd very much like to stay injury free and its my own belief that sometimes the best way to take a step forward is to take a step back and try a different approach.

Overall, however, I feel absolutely amazing about the progress I have made over the summer. I look and feel much larger and stronger. People I have known for years have really noticed and even people that have no clue that I've picked up a weight in my life have begun to question what I do/what I'm on. Its a wonderful feeling and although I may not hit that goal of 275 by the end of August; I feel as if Controlled Labs has directly impacted my progress and even now I am more determined than ever to surpass my goals and be as physically fit as I can possibly be.

Immediately, before I wrote this post I was on BB.com making a purchase for the next 3-4 months of my supplementation...and you can bet I'm back again for another round of supporting Controlled Labs and their products.

Cheers,
    Andrew

Thanks for the post and summation. Continue your log from here so we can watch your progess.

Comment

Working...
    X